WATCHMEN TV Series in the works at HBO.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a waste of time, effort, and skilled actors.. Trailer looks awful. Like others said, a show merely hidden behind the name "The Watchmen".

Easier to associate it to something somewhat known and popular, than to try and market it as a new innovative groundbreaking show. This will get lost in a sea of drowning comic book related material. But everyone wants a piece of the pie. Even though the pie is slowly becoming old, rancid and moldy.

This is why genre's slowly die. Saturation to the point of mediocrity. "Superhero" fatigue will come soon enough. The casual non fans pop culture peeps will move on. No matter how good something is or could be. No one will simply care anymore. Well, not enough people that is.

Enjoy "The Watchmen"... :)

What'd this supposed to mean?

It means what it said. If you want to read about how Ridley Scott dictated what he wanted in Prometheus or what it was like trying to make LOST a limited series for a network that wanted 10 years out of it, all that info is out there.

Or you can reduce it to internet argu-mojis.

It means what it said. If you want to read about how Ridley Scott dictated what he wanted in Prometheus or what it was like trying to make LOST a limited series for a network that wanted 10 years out of it, all that info is out there.

Or you can reduce it to internet argu-mojis.
Perfect. Thanks for the clarity.

Its exactly how my old man used to tell me how he would have been rich and famous if only something crucial had turned out differently.

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

I thought the trailer looked very intriguing. Revolution. Nazi-esque. Frightening.

Then it associated itself with The Watchmen... and I no longer have an interest.

Perfect. Thanks for the clarity.

Its exactly how my old man used to tell me how he would have been rich and famous if only something crucial had turned out differently.

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

Except I’m not saying anything woulda coulda shoulda, you’re straw manning that. I’m saying some things are better than given credit for, some things stunk for real reasons, and some stuff is brilliant. It’s complicated, like real life.

Except I’m not saying anything woulda coulda shoulda, you’re straw manning that. I’m saying some things are better than given credit for, some things stunk for real reasons, and some stuff is brilliant. It’s complicated, like real life.
I don't care why things sucked. I care that it sucked. I care that he basically admitted he was making LOST up as he went along and that he never planned on answering any of the mysteries he was raising, when before he was more than happy to claim that there was always a master plan. I care that Promethius was a mess of every empty metaphor and symbolism crammed so haphazardly into a movie you would think that the script was penned by a college student on LSD that thinks all of his drugged fueled rants make him deep.

Psshhtt anyone who thinks the best case scenario would be a direct sequel with Rorschach and nite owl and the whole gang is not thinking right.

That's why I said prequel.

But, it's whatever for me at this point.

I don't care why things sucked. I care that it sucked. I care that he basically admitted he was making LOST up as he went along and that he never planned on answering any of the mysteries he was raising, when before he was more than happy to claim that there was always a master plan. I care that Promethius was a mess of every empty metaphor and symbolism crammed so haphazardly into a movie you would think that the script was penned by a college student on LSD that thinks all of his drugged fueled rants make him deep.

That's fine although your first point is at least 50% wrong. LOST was mostly nailed down during Season 2/3. He did plan on answerng the mysteries, and to my knowledge never ever ever ever said he didn't and 99% were answered.

Prometheus was a Jon Spaitz script DL got called in to tweek at Ridley Scott's request and to his dictated specifications.
But I know, you said you don't care. :lol You seem to have a lot of animosity toward working writers, though. Are you a writer? I don't mean that snarkily - it's very frustrating to have good ideas and watch what you consider to be bad ones make it to the screen. My friend is a screenwriter with one credited movie under his belt and some uncredited tweeking. I know it's frustrating to him as well.

And in general I agree with you - the "why" is less important than the product. But fans do tend to make up their own "why" at which point I find it interesting to discuss. :duff

That's fine although your first point is at least 50% wrong. LOST was mostly nailed down during Season 2/3. He did plan on answerng the mysteries, and to my knowledge never ever ever ever said he didn't and 99% were answered.

Prometheus was a Jon Spaitz script DL got called in to tweek at Ridley Scott's request and to his dictated specifications.
But I know, you said you don't care. :lol You seem to have a lot of animosity toward working writers, though. Are you a writer? I don't mean that snarkily - it's very frustrating to have good ideas and watch what you consider to be bad ones make it to the screen. My friend is a screenwriter with one credited movie under his belt and some uncredited tweeking. I know it's frustrating to him as well.

And in general I agree with you - the "why" is less important than the product. But fans do tend to make up their own "why" at which point I find it interesting to discuss. :duff

:duff

Sort of. There were a lot of broad strokes of LOST's plot that were never planned out and kind of made up on the fly. "The Others" are a good example. At first the writers intended them to be feral jungle people, but then they decided to change them into scientists, and wrote it as a twist into the plot. Im not really sure what the percentage is of mysteries solved, but I was really big into the show back in the day and in almost every interview he claimed that there was some big grand plan in the end. Then after it ended an an interviewer asked him about all the unanswered questions he said that anyone that was watching for the answers was watching the show wrong, and that it was mostly about the characters and their journeys. Really made me angry at the time. Felt like he had just been selling us all a lie the whole time.

And naw, im not a writer. At least not a professional one. More of a hobby of mine to rewrite movie or tv shows I felt didn't live up to their potential. Mostly I guess im just a lover of this stuff. At least id like to be. Hard when so much crap comes out these days. Its hard to find a prominent movie or tv series these days that hasn't dropped the ball in a pretty big way. Which is weird, because usually the most successful stuff is also the stuff that is really good. The good stuff is also the things that stand the test of time. It just baffles me how these films have so much money and human beings behind them, and yet make so many obvious storytelling mistakes.

You know it's garbage when the only thing to even get you remotely excited is a beloved pop song in the trailer.

As for Lindeloff, I learned my lesson.

“There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.”

Oh yeah this is shaping up to be amazing. Weird timing with The Boys coming out , they seem pretty similar in terms of plot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks interesting. Seems like a pretty big gamble to set up a show that assumes viewers are familiar with source material. And not even the movie. The little squid deals suggest folks have read the comic. But dystopian comic book society where there is conflict between the police and vigilantes could work.

Don Johnson piloting the Owl-ship could be pretty funny, or really stupid.

“. . .fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.”
One of my favorite Bush-isms. I never imagined I would think this at the time, but damn I miss that guy.

After wasting so much energy hating the guy, which I blame on myself for consuming too much mass media.....he just seems like a goofy old dork doesn't he?

I wish I could get all that time back wasted on hating a guy I'd never meet and just laugh at him. That above quote will make me laugh anytime, anywhere.

Without getting too political, the financial crisis and Iraqi wars that resulted, in part, from his administrations actions aren't viewed very favorably in hindsight. But I think his heart was (mostly) in the right place. I can't say that about all politicians.

I'll give this a chance. But frankly, it looks like it's going to be ****.

Why is this called Watch"men"? That triggers me so bad I'm literally shaking oh my god I can't EVEN.

WatchPEOPLE.

Watchmen is produced for HBO by White Rabbit

This series, perhaps the most important work of our generation, that will once and for all eradicate the scourge of white supremacy.....is produced by a company called WHITE Rabbit???

How dare they. How ****ing dare they.

Back