Walt Disney World and Disneyland(s) Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Suddenly going to WDW this weekend (briefly). Have only been to Epcot and "formerly" MGM in any remotely recent years. Been kinda let down by a lot of the changes there; and at Hollywood Studios. The shop where I got my awesome vintage posters (Tron original, Black Hole from Argentina, and 1970s psychedlic Fantasia) seems pretty lame now. I'm probably mainly doing Magic Kingdom this time since it's been so long, and check out Downtown Disney perhaps. Last time I was there, I just saw the Tron original costumes at Planet Hollywood, which I was terribly excited about. And some very weird but very cool magic-themed dinner experience which I assume is now long gone.

Am I just missing the awesome shopping? Anyone have tips on where to find the things that aren't in every shop? Seems like this would be a discerning crowd ;) I admit that I've been to Tokyo DisneySea and am COMPLETELY spoiled on interesting merchandise. Wish I'd filled a suitcase of stuff to bring back.

Suddenly going to WDW this weekend (briefly). Have only been to Epcot and "formerly" MGM in any remotely recent years. Been kinda let down by a lot of the changes there; and at Hollywood Studios. The shop where I got my awesome vintage posters (Tron original, Black Hole from Argentina, and 1970s psychedlic Fantasia) seems pretty lame now. I'm probably mainly doing Magic Kingdom this time since it's been so long, and check out Downtown Disney perhaps. Last time I was there, I just saw the Tron original costumes at Planet Hollywood, which I was terribly excited about. And some very weird but very cool magic-themed dinner experience which I assume is now long gone.

Am I just missing the awesome shopping? Anyone have tips on where to find the things that aren't in every shop? Seems like this would be a discerning crowd ;) I admit that I've been to Tokyo DisneySea and am COMPLETELY spoiled on interesting merchandise. Wish I'd filled a suitcase of stuff to bring back.

Walt Disney World has completely made their shopping the most uninteresting and commonplace thing. You can find everything everywhere.

Walt Disney World has completely made their shopping the most uninteresting and commonplace thing. You can find everything everywhere.

I was REALLY hoping it was my imagination. Or that there was some secret store where you had to do "shave and a haircut" to get in. :slap Guess I'll just stay out of the shops unless I want to set off another rant about merchandising hah. I can't imagine how they've gone so wrong. Is it better at Disneyland? (Never actually been there, oddly.) Have friends who are there every weekend, but they only ever talk about Vinylmation, which I have no interest in whatsoever.

Maybe I'll get lucky and run into Chris Evans...

In some completely imaginary universe, they'd not only have more Disney stuff in general, but have these Avengers plush.
Which you can buy at the mall in Singapore, apparently.

Well, I should share my pics from DisneySea so I'm not just here to slam WDW's merchandising choices ;)

I don't do Mission Space sober. Once was enough for me. It might as well be called Locked In A Closet.

Mission Space is the only themepark attraction where I've seen someone go straight from the ride to a trashcan and throw up. And this was a guy about 20 years old too. :lol

I saw the best casual puke ever in EPCOT. A group of 20-somethings were leaving the park and this guy lagged back for just a moment, bolted to the fountain, sat down on the side and launched his margaritas, then popped up and rejoined his friends before anyone noticed he was gone. Well done. :clap

I was REALLY hoping it was my imagination. Or that there was some secret store where you had to do "shave and a haircut" to get in. :slap Guess I'll just stay out of the shops unless I want to set off another rant about merchandising hah. I can't imagine how they've gone so wrong. Is it better at Disneyland? (Never actually been there, oddly.) Have friends who are there every weekend, but they only ever talk about Vinylmation, which I have no interest in whatsoever.

It's only slightly better at Disneyland due to the local fanbase that will complain about every little thing. For example:

1. Our Fire Station is still a Fire Station not a shop.
2. Main Street Cinema is still Main Street Cinema. not a shop.
3. Magic Shop is still a Magic Shop
4. Bank became the Disney Gallery, showing various disney artwork and for sale.

So yah I guess there are places you need to go to to get certain items but generally all can be found in World of Disney in Downtown Disney.

Star Wars merch can be found mainly at Tomorrowland's Star Trader store, with some of the more common items appearing in Downtown Disney and Emporium on Main Street.

And when it all comes down to it, nothing can beat the merchandise at Tokyo. It's the culture. They generally like things that are cute. In the states, the people who embrace it are growing, but it's not there yet.

And by the way....

Gorgeous photos. Truly an outstanding place. Knowing that Disney Sea exists makes me question the leadership in the states.

Thanks! Wish I'd gotten more/better but sadly I was pretty sick when I was there. Do hope I'll get to go back. Everything at that park is exceptionally well executed; it's quite extraordinary. You definitely get the feeling that it's all the ideas the Imagineers had that got shot down for budget at every other park.

When I was there two weeks ago I saw a girl hop off the boat that takes you around the World Showcase in EPCOT and she was puking into a bag...I dont think she would fare so well in Mission Space.

When I was there two weeks ago I saw a girl hop off the boat that takes you around the World Showcase in EPCOT and she was puking into a bag...I dont think she would fare so well in Mission Space.

Hehe... depends on how well they can hold their liquor. She could have had a lot maybe.

gay_day_disney_warning.jpg

im going to be there this weekend wearing red, stupid hate, im straight but I have enough common sense...

Last edited:
Haha, I wore a red shirt on what turned out to be gay days at Disneyland. I felt like a piece of meat!! I have a lot of gay friends and I leave the red wearing for them now.

Went to Star Wars Weekends again. It was pretty wet at the beginning. :(

Still had a blast though. Our daughter Bella made time with Chewie, Paploo, and a Stormie which is more than I could say about our cowardly son. :monkey1

DSC07609.jpg

DSC07679.jpg

DSC07682.jpg

Haha, I wore a red shirt on what turned out to be gay days at Disneyland. I felt like a piece of meat!! I have a lot of gay friends and I leave the red wearing for them now.

Bahahahaha :rotfl
I went with a red shirt in my support of my friends, thankfully i didnt get any unwanted attention LOL! :lol

Khev!! Please tell me you shot more pics! Those are great and i want to see more!

Back