Walt Disney World and Disneyland(s) Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SMBrl.jpg

QGPLW.jpg

VyUuy.jpg

Dtehr.jpg

7aNhw.jpg

kjVBQ.jpg

Day one - Hollywood Studios and Star Wars weekend. My feet are killing. My girls had a blast, loved Star Tours the most. The Star Tours guys were cool and gave us a second ride ticket that let us turn right around and go back in. I also have an army of R2D2 mugs and buckets.

There's a guy dressed in a very impressive Chewy costume by Star Tours who officially has the hottest job in the park.

Also hit 3D Muppets, Little Mermaid stage show, and the Princess breafast. My wife also has what felt like a fifty pound bag of sh-t we lugged everywhere I want to burn.

Heading to Downtown Disney soon to eath at Planet Hollywood. Pics later.

Day one - Hollywood Studios and Star Wars weekend. My feet are killing. My girls had a blast, loved Star Tours the most. The Star Tours guys were cool and gave us a second ride ticket that let us turn right around and go back in. I also have an army of R2D2 mugs and buckets.

There's a guy dressed in a very impressive Chewy costume by Star Tours who officially has the hottest job in the park.

Also hit 3D Muppets, Little Mermaid stage show, and the Princess breafast. My wife also has what felt like a fifty pound bag of sh-t we lugged everywhere I want to burn.

Heading to Downtown Disney soon to eath at Planet Hollywood. Pics later.

Can't wait! Have FUN!!!!

Planet Hollywood was decent food, but way overpriced. I'm glad we did the meal plan because if we hadn't I'd lose my freakin mind. I would have broken three hundred dollars on food today if we were paying cash at the table.

Planet Hollywood was decent food, but way overpriced. I'm glad we did the meal plan because if we hadn't I'd lose my freakin mind. I would have broken three hundred dollars on food today if we were paying cash at the table.

Yeah, PH is nothing special. It's a fun environment, but not fine dining. But there is something to be said for eating fried lasagna whilst seated below a naked, frozen Stallone.

Planet Hollywood still exists?? That's one of those places that isn't very common in Los Angeles anymore. In fact they might be entirely gone! Or... if there is one I just don't know where.

So I have a small update. I did Cars Land today! But... I wasn't allowed to take pictures nor am I allowed to talk about my experience until June 15th soooo... I'll just have to leave it at that for now.

But I brought my camera nonetheless and took a few things that are new.

The Monorails have gotten into the CARS LAND act. The on board spiel is even unique now to each monorail as they've been given different names. Pretty cool idea.
IMG_6809.jpg

The LEGO Store in Downtown Disney was recently renovated. This is one of the many new Disney LEGO displays.
IMG_6811.jpg

Not new really, but this ride had a new paint job recently and many of the "x-treme sports" decor removed to make it more authentic to the time period.
IMG_6812.jpg

The Mission Tortilla Factory vacated and it is now a Ghirardelli Soda Fountain and Chocolate Shop! Yes, you do get a free Chocolate Square when visiting!
IMG_6814.jpg

The Cove Bar at Paradise Pier recently reopened and it basically got a whole less tacky and a whole lot more classy. I found some really cool pictures on the wall and took a closer look. These are "mock" vintage pictures of the making of Paradise Pier. I got a kick out of them.
IMG_6816.jpg

IMG_6817.jpg

IMG_6819.jpg

IMG_6820.jpg

I'll have more pics tomorrow!

There's a Planet Hollywood, and honestly if it were's for some cool movie props it would've been just another resteraunt but with a 120 dollar tab.

Heading out the door in a few minutes to Magic Kingdom.

And now for something completely different. The summer evening parties at Disney California Adventure has soft opened, although it officially blasts open either this week or next. Glow Fest paved the way for ElecTRONica, which paved the way for the bigger budget of MAD T PARTY.

IMG_6831.jpg

Live music with singers as Alice, Mad Hatter, while the DJ is White Rabbit DJ.
IMG_6833.jpg

You can't have a party without booze...
IMG_6834.jpg

And more booze:
IMG_6838.jpg

IMG_6841.jpg

Flynn's Arcade is now Mad Arcade
IMG_6847.jpg

IMG_6849.jpg

IMG_6850.jpg

IMG_6851.jpg

Overall, the energy is good, seems like it's a hit more with girls this time than the last one... which... I suppose is a plus. hehehe.

That looks pretty incredible.

I liked elecTRONica, but didn't actually do any of the actual events associated with it; I just liked the look and atmosphere.

That looks pretty incredible.

I liked elecTRONica, but didn't actually do any of the actual events associated with it; I just liked the look and atmosphere.

Yah, I liked it mostly because it was TRON. But Disney didn't do enough with it to really get people in. It was all about DJs.

What's strong about Mad T Party is that it's a mix of DJ with live bands, which is what made Tomorrowland Terrace so fun in the evenings.

Khev!! Please tell me you shot more pics! Those are great and i want to see more!

Thanks! We took a few more but I don't know that I could add more than blackmask. He posted some great pics above.

We saw the Fantasmic show for the first time. It was really awesome when Maleficent breathed fire at Mickey and set fire to the lake. You could really feel the heat on your face!

DSC07627.jpg

DSC07629.jpg

Did The Tower of Terror for the first time too. Don't know how I missed that all these years, it was awesome!

And on our last run through Star Tours I was the Rebel Spy! And it was the one where I'm being hunted by both Boba Fett in the Slave I and Vader in an Advanced TIE. My life is complete!! :yess: :lol

Khev, that's great! And awesome that you got a seat so close to the front of Fantasmic. It's one of those things that I take for granted when I'm at Disneyland because no matter how bad the seat is, you're still pretty close to the action. But at Hollywood Studios, I'm sitting in some amphitheater. Last time I was there and part of some dinner package... but guess where we hold it? ALL THE WAY UP AT THE TOP. Kind of loses the intimacy of the show from there.

I'm back... with a few shots of Disney California Adventure's new "weenie". The new "icon" of the park. The Sleeping Beauty Castle for this park: the Carthay Circle Theater..r.r......restaurant! There was quite some debate on what would be housed inside this replica building of a theater long gone. Would it be an actual theater? No... it's going to be a restaurant and lounge. AND.. if you guys haven't heard, this is also where CLUB 33 PART 2 will exist. I think it's called CLUB 1901 or something like that (1901 is when Walt Disney was born) and will be the Club 33 for DCA.

On the left we are looking down towards Hollywood Land
IMG_6854.jpg

To the right... is the path to A Bug's Land, Pacific Wharf, and Paradise Pier.
IMG_6823.jpg

IMG_6822.jpg

IMG_6821.jpg

IMG_6825.jpg

This is what it used to be:
DSCN2557.jpg

Not to be out done, Disney's Hollywood Studios also has a Carthay Circle Theater store front...
DSC01790.jpg

It's amazing how much of a redo they have given that park. I wonder if they'll ever do something similar to Hollywood Studios here in Orlando. I've always heard stories on how rushed the Studios park was and it has always felt like the flow of guests was just wrong here.

Day 2 was Magic Kingdom Astro Orbiter, Buzz's Space Ranger Spin, Haunted Mansion, It's a Small World, Riverboat, Mad Tea Party, Pirates of the Carribean, Prince Charming Carosel, Stitch's Great Escape (WTF?), omorrowland Speedway, Peoplemover, Railroad. Decent meal at Tony's Town Square. Late night swimming has become a nightly thing. Bedtime has become a forgottem concept.

Day 3 - Epcot - Mission to Space (My favorite), Test Track was closed so we bailed and went to Hollywood Studios for another round of Star Tours. Beauty and the Beast Live Show, Fantasmic, photos at Street of America, Studio Backlot. Then to Magic Kingdow for the Electric Light show, Wishes at Cinderella's Castle, and Fireworks. Then magic hours and Splash Mountain and Big Mountain Railroad. Crappy overpriced meal at Hoolywood and Vine.

We've scored my girls 6 favorite Princess autographs and photo-ops - Rapunzel, Snow White, Belle, Aurora, Ariel, and Cinderella, also Mickey and Miney.

Tired to the core. Heading out for day 4. Souviner hunting at Downtown Disney, hit a quick attraction or two and then back to Pop Century to get them in their princess dresses for 1900 Park Fair Dinner.

Beach tomorrow and then ??

Fly home of Friday.

If you don't hear from me it's because I'm passed out.

Last edited:
Day 2 was Magic Kingdom Astro Orbiter, Buzz's Space Ranger Spin, Haunted Mansion, It's a Small World, Riverboat, Mad Tea Party, Pirates of the Carribean, Prince Charming Carosel, Stitch's Great Escape (WTF?), omorrowland Speedway, Peoplemover, Railroad. Decent meal at Tony's Town Square. Late night swimming has become a nightly thing. Bedtime has become a forgottem concept.

Yup, Stitch's Great Escape is a travesty. I genuinely don't like it. And Monsters, Inc Laugh Floor... I don't mind it but it doesn't belong in Tomorrowland. They ought to build that at Disney Hollywood Studios. It would make a great addition to Pixar Place or whatever.

And in Florida, night swimming is almost mandatory after days at Disney World. Thank the maker, this oil bath is going to feel soooo goood.

Just got home. We took our last day to run out to Cocoa Beach and swim in the ocean. We had a great time but Florida highways have a f'king tool booth every 15 feet. I keep feeling paranoid about possibly missing one.

My favourite dining was at the Raglan Road. Anyone going to WDW should eat there, especially if you're Irish. I wish I had gone there earlier, I would have changed a reservation so I could go again.

Mission to Space and Star Tours are my two favourites.

Just got home. We took our last day to run out to Cocoa Beach and swim in the ocean. We had a great time but Florida highways have a f'king tool booth every 15 feet. I keep feeling paranoid about possibly missing one.

My favourite dining was at the Raglan Road. Anyone going to WDW should eat there, especially if you're Irish. I wish I had gone there earlier, I would have changed a reservation so I could go again.

Mission to Space and Star Tours are my two favourites.

Mission Space was probably my favorite WDW exclusive attraction. Especially after a few pints! :)

Glad you had a good time.

Back