Walt Disney World and Disneyland(s) Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it possible to take a bad photo on a Disney property?

Great work... some really beautiful pics!

Is it possible to take a bad photo on a Disney property?

Great work... some really beautiful pics!

Thanks, Jungle Jom! I've taken many-a bad photo! I just refuse to post them! In fact most of them get deleted. Out of the few I show, there's 200 more of the same thing that went in the trash.

Here's a few more... some aren't greatest but I don't think I'll do much better next time. Pirates of the Caribbean is one tough ride to photograph. Often times I don't even try.

At Disneyland, we port at Lafitte's Landing to keep with the French/New Orleans theme.
IMG_6313.jpg

Dead Men Tell No Tales
IMG_6197.jpg

IMG_6218.jpg

This is supposed to be Barbossa. Well they got the voice right.
IMG_6229.jpg

We want the red head!
IMG_6260.jpg

Grab his ears!
IMG_6284.jpg

These guys always point the gun at my face. Makes me nervous.
IMG_6295.jpg

And taking a look at Fantasmic as it turned 20 years old last week.
IMG_6413.jpg

There was a character I was really happy to see in the finale!
IMG_6416.jpg

And that's it.
IMG_6431.jpg

Probably it for a while!

Get ready for long lines. The only ride worth waiting for is the "racers" ride. The other two are very basic kids rides. Along with lots of shops. Impressive scenery though!

:(

Is RR only in DLR's Fantasmic, and / or on special occasions? I don't think I've ever seen him.

Truth be told, it's been a LONG time since I've seen Roger Rabbit ANYWHERE. He made appearances in 88-89 and I think also through the early 90s when Mickey's Toon Town opened in 93... and then when his ride Roger Rabbit Cartoon Spin opened in 94. After that, he made appearances in Fantasmic! and then annually in the Very Merry Christmas Parade, but never meet & greets again.

I don't remember when he stopped showing up even in the parades and shows but everyone, even my friends were shocked and super stoked that he was there for these Annual Passholder events.

Oh I think I have one more pic to share and that was on the way out of the Fantasmic private event, the characters were at the Train Station to wave goodbye to everyone. This was about 1am and I left right after they showed, but Mickey, Minnie, all seven dwarfs, and the monkeys from Jungle Book (not King Louie) showed up as well.

IMG_6482.jpg

Yeah, I only went to WDW a few times as a kid, and didn't start going 1+x a year until like 2004. But I can't remember ever seeing RR anywhere. I assume he would have been more prevalent in the parks when the movie was around, or even in some DLR stuff because of his ride.

What's odd is that even with his attraction in DLR, I really don't associate him with Disney at all.

Yeah, I only went to WDW a few times as a kid, and didn't start going 1+x a year until like 2004. But I can't remember ever seeing RR anywhere. I assume he would have been more prevalent in the parks when the movie was around, or even in some DLR stuff because of his ride.

What's odd is that even with his attraction in DLR, I really don't associate him with Disney at all.

I guess because he's more Tex Avery homage than Disney. And it being a Touchstone Pictures release, it avoided anything to do with Disney as a brand. The fictional "Maroon Cartoons" probably doesn't help either.

But still... he's one of my favorite characters because his cartoons were a lot of fun.

I just remembered that I must have been at WDW during the RR time. Because I remember something Jessica Rabbit themed at Pleasure Island. I have no idea what it was, though.

/awesome story

That is just weird.

Went to Hollywood Studios this weekend for the first Star Wars Weekends and the park was packed as usual. One of the best pieces of swag this year is an official looking Disney name tag that you can have made in the Star Wars writing of Aurabesh and then it has a planet name as where you are from. Pretty cool and I'm not sure if these will be available after the weekends or not (which would be silly if they didn't continue it).

I went to Star wars weekends with some friends, and, I don't get the hype, besides a couple of actors dressed and a weird music show at 8 pm, there was nothing star wars themed, I kinda thought it was going to be different, i missed the parade,

I just remembered that I must have been at WDW during the RR time. Because I remember something Jessica Rabbit themed at Pleasure Island. I have no idea what it was, though.

/awesome story

There was a Jessica Rabbit sign that would swing it's sexy leg, I believe. :naughty

It is a shame about Roger. If I remember correctly it goes back to co-ownership with Spielberg. He wanted a Roger short on one of Amblin's films and whoever was in charge at Disney at the time (Michael Eisner?) wanted it on one of theirs. When they snubbed him, Spielberg retaliated by vetoing any new plans for Roger in the theme parks. Or so the story goes around the knitting circle. :lol

This is supposed to be Barbossa. Well they got the voice right.

I've always felt WDW Barbossa was weird looking, too. Like maybe they had an extra Ellen from Ellen's Extremely Long Energy Adventure and they just stuck a beard on it. Nice pics, anyway. Whoever that gentleman is. :lol

I went to Star wars weekends with some friends, and, I don't get the hype, besides a couple of actors dressed and a weird music show at 8 pm, there was nothing star wars themed, I kinda thought it was going to be different, i missed the parade,

I guess that's how it's always been though. It's always just a way for Disney Park guests to meet Star Wars stars and buy exclusive Star Wars merchandise. At least there's a ride (Star Tours) and also Jedi Training Academy and a few other film-based time wasters and the parade.

And above all else, it's not a separate ticket to do all this. It's part of the price of admission so that's the icing on the cake as some may say.

I guess that's how it's always been though. It's always just a way for Disney Park guests to meet Star Wars stars and buy exclusive Star Wars merchandise. At least there's a ride (Star Tours) and also Jedi Training Academy and a few other film-based time wasters and the parade.

And above all else, it's not a separate ticket to do all this. It's part of the price of admission so that's the icing on the cake as some may say.

that's okay, is just that, they advertize it so much I thought it was going to be kinda like when in Halloween they dressed Magic Kingdom with pumpkins and stuff, I thought it would be a little more,

I was able to take a couple of pics and saw a lot of people dressed which was nice, the show was funny but it was nice too, some of the songs were questionable lol

there is a Huge Roger Rabbit statue in Pop Century resort, he is almost 4 stories high
Pop%20Century%20048.jpg

3086226275_b263256e12.jpg

Back