Waitlist is on Fire!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Batty said:
I received an e-mail yesterday saying not to hold my breath for an exclusive PF Lurtz. :monkey2

I get that and no shipping notice for Grievous. :monkey2

Batty, may I ask you when exactly you've gotten on the wait list for the exclusive PF Lurtz? I got on the wait list for this one on Dec 31st, 2005 which was rather late. Until now, I haven't received a mail about the status of this wait list.

Alice Adrenochrome said:
Batty, may I ask you when exactly you've gotten on the wait list for the exclusive PF Lurtz? I got on the wait list for this one on Dec 31st, 2005 which was rather late. Until now, I haven't received a mail about the status of this wait list.

Do you mean that you got on the waitlist for GG on Dec.?? Because I got on the waitlist some time in Feb. and mines was coverted right after Vader was shipped out!!

I didn't jump on the wait-list until March. Here's part of the email they sent me:

Dear Collector,

We wanted to take this opportunity to e-mail you about your Wait List Reservation for the Lurtz Sideshow Exclusive Premium Format Figure (#71651). At this time, this wait list is extensive and we anticipate that very few items will become available through cancellations and credit card declines when this item arrives in the warehouse. This means that more than likely, you will not obtain an item from this wait list.

Batty said:
I didn't jump on the wait-list until March. Here's part of the email they sent me:

Dear Collector,

We wanted to take this opportunity to e-mail you about your Wait List Reservation for the Lurtz Sideshow Exclusive Premium Format Figure (#71651). At this time, this wait list is extensive and we anticipate that very few items will become available through cancellations and credit card declines when this item arrives in the warehouse. This means that more than likely, you will not obtain an item from this wait list.

That sux Batty... but at least they let you know.

kingdarkness03 said:
That sux Batty... but at least they let you know.
SS was nice enough to offer to convert me to a regular edition, but I'd rather have the exclusive. What I don't get is that it's not scheduled until the 4Q. Don't they think anyone will change their mind before then? Who knows, maybe I'll get lucky.

The wait-list is still offered, btw.

Batty said:

Dear Collector,

what is the point in this email....do they want you to cancel your wait or do they want you to know you aren't going to get it so you'll spend your money on something else?

Vader AL said:
what is the point in this email....do they want you to cancel your wait or do they want you to know you aren't going to get it so you'll spend your money on something else?
I'm not sure. Maybe they just wanted to offer me the regular version. I'm not sure how they can anticipate credit cards not being declined (not that I would wish that on anyone). What's funny is that I got on the Grievous wait list in March and that was converted in less than two months. I know the edition size for Lurtz is smaller, but still...

I don't think they have to worry about me spending money on something else. I seem to place orders all the time. :D

Well the edition size is 750...and SS said they had an "extensive" amount of people on the waitlist.Maybe that means that they have like 200 or 300 hundred on the wait list.The odds of that many getting canceled or cardsbeing declined is far more than SS thinks will happen.Does that make any sence or am I just getting tired????​

kingdarkness03 said:
Well the edition size is 750...and SS said they had an "extensive" amount of people on the waitlist.Maybe that means that they have like 200 or 300 hundred on the wait list.The odds of that many getting canceled or cardsbeing declined is far more than SS thinks will happen.Does that make any sence or am I just getting tired????​
Yes, that makes sense and you are tired! :lol I guess I'm just a little disappointed to get this notice so far in advance of it's release. Who knows what will happen a few months from now when it's ready to ship.

Good luck Alice. Hopefully yours will get converted.

Batty said:

Dear Collector,

Batty, I got one of those "you're out of luck" e-mails for the Exclusive Han Solo PF wait list, telling me that I had no chance of getting one and offering to convert my order to a regular one instead. I decided not to convert it and take my chances.

One day, I think that I will go back and print out this e-mail to frame and hang on the wall next to the Exclusive Han Solo PF that I ended up getting off the wait list...

Don't give up! :D

carbo-fation said:
Do you mean that you got on the waitlist for GG on Dec.?? Because I got on the waitlist some time in Feb. and mines was coverted right after Vader was shipped out!!

Thanks Carbo, but I was asking about the PF Lurtz exclusive, not the General Grievous. I am on the wait lists for many items, mainly the older LotR Weta items, and I haven't received one single mail about a decline yet. That could either mean that these wait lists are still alive, or SSC just don't take the effort to contact every one on 'terminated' wait list, like I and certainly many others would prefer. In stead, there's this section in the newsletter:
WAIT LIST CONTACTED AND NOW CLOSED:
Please note that you may not have received a wait list notification e-mail if there were not enough items available to reach your place on the wait list.

The thing I don't understand, is that some people get a mail telling them that there is little chance that the item will come available, and others don't. Doesn't seem very consequent to me. Guess the concept of wait lists is still not entirely clear to me :confused:

Batty said:
... I guess I'm just a little disappointed to get this notice so far in advance of it's release. Who knows what will happen a few months from now when it's ready to ship.

Good luck Alice. Hopefully yours will get converted.
Thanks Batty, but I don't have to much hope.

Alice Adrenochrome said:
The thing I don't understand, is that some people get a mail telling them that there is little chance that the item will come available, and others don't. Doesn't seem very consequent to me. Guess the concept of wait lists is still not entirely clear to me :confused:

This is just a guess, but maybe there is a certain set limit on how far into the list they go before sending the e-mail about there being no chance to get it. For example, maybe if there are 100 people on the Gray Hulk wait list, and there are only 50 available in the edition, then they will send out that e-mail to all of the wait listers numbered 51-100. It is possible that every single person who ordered one might cancel, and then those 50 would go to wait listers, but it is simply impossible for all 100 people to get one since there won't be that many made to begin with.

tomandshell said:
This is just a guess, but maybe there is a certain set limit on how far into the list they go before sending the e-mail about there being no chance to get it. For example, maybe if there are 100 people on the Gray Hulk wait list, and there are only 50 available in the edition, then they will send out that e-mail to all of the wait listers numbered 51-100. It is possible that every single person who ordered one might cancel, and then those 50 would go to wait listers, but it is simply impossible for all 100 people to get one since there won't be that many made to begin with.

Yes, that sounds perfectly reasonable, must be something like that. If only the information in the online user account would be updated more often. That way we would have a perfect overview. I really hope SSC will consider the changes you suggested in the other thread.

Good news! I just received an email notifying me that my wait list for the Exclusive PF Leia will be converted.
I love that Stormtrooper blaster!:chew

Batty said:
Good news! I just received an email notifying me that my wait list for the Exclusive PF Leia will be converted.

Congratz Batty! I'm still thinking about canceling it... To much white dress, to less Leia...

Batty said:

Congrats Batty. I'm definitely excited about this one as well. Still bummed she was delayed, but I guess good things come to those who wait :D

Thanks Alice and oxbeard. I'm very excited about the PF line. I'm surprised it took me so long to start collecting them.

Leia in the white dress is very iconic to me. When I was a kid I had the photo of Leia leaning over R2 taped to my wall. Then again, almost every square inch of my room was covered with Star Wars posters and photos from magazines.

Back