Waitlist is on Fire!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kudos to Sideshow on this Wait List system. It's miles ahead of the previous method. Although that one was good to me as well. Big pat on the back to whoever thought of and implemented it. :rock

So, after seeing all these great pics of Dr Doom PF from Resin Dog I finally bent and decided to get him. I put myself on the Wait List one week ago on 2/21/06 just to see what happened. Honestly, so late in the game I really had no hope for this to come through.

And yes, you heard right...I did say one week ago!!!!!

I just received notification that my order will be converted for a Dr Doom Exclusive. Amazing!!! :banana

Sideshow, your Wait List system rocks! This will display nicely along Sauron.

I also recieved notification today that I will get a Doom EX. :joy Five days on the waitlist and it was converted. Never thought I had a chance. I think that with all the big stuff that came out in the last month or two some people had to make some hard decisions.

Out

Congrats! :peace

I think you are right. People had to make some tough choices after the holidays and with all the SW and LOTR items coming out. Marvel takes a back seat to those two franchises for most.

That's okay by me. Especially since this hits on my following credit card billing cycle. :naughty

It's a good thing for all you guys on the wait list that Sideshow increased the edition size of the Dr. Doom Exclusive after all of those extra orders at SDCC!! I'm glad to see that there are enough to go around for the folks who really want him.

tomandshell said:
It's a good thing for all you guys on the wait list that Sideshow increased the edition size of the Dr. Doom Exclusive after all of those extra orders at SDCC!!
The edition size is now 500. Was the edition size lower then this before the SDCC??

rogueboy said:
The edition size is now 500. Was the edition size lower then this before the SDCC??

Yes, originally it was 300. Then when they got back from SDCC, they realized that with the online orders and the paper orders they had taken at the show Doom was already oversold. They then increased the ES.

Mine was one of the ones that went back in the pot. Decided to wait and maybe pick up the regular edition later. But Doom is not that critical to my collection, not a must have for me. :D

Thanks for the quick response oxbeard ;)!
Wow, 300......so they almost doubled him. Can't say I blame Sideshow.

Sideshow definetly did a good thing by increasing the edition size. I just received mine 30 min ago and I tell you, it is a awesome. The detail on the chair and Doom himself is fantastic. This is most certainly one of my favorites from Sideshow. "Two thumbs way up":naughty

Got an e-mail that my wait-list request for the 12" Obi-Wan Kenobi Exclusive will be turned into an order.

:bow

Now, just need to get Luke, and Anakin exclusives and I will be all caught up.

After seeing the pics and reading everyone's comment i caved in earlier this week and put myself on the waitlist for doom exclusive. don't know what my odds are of getting one but i hope they are good!

My exclusive Iron Man wait list just to turned into an order. Yay!

Now I need to get it past the wife, who said "No" many times.

Maybe I'll just keep him at work.

Congrats!! The Iron Man looks really sweet!!! I was only bummed that it wasn't a clunky John Romita Jr. Iron Man design!

Seaward said:
Congrats!! The Iron Man looks really sweet!!! I was only bummed that it wasn't a clunky John Romita Jr. Iron Man design!

I'm one of the few that likes the new Iron Man design more. Oh well.

Vader AL said:
After seeing the pics and reading everyone's comment i caved in earlier this week and put myself on the waitlist for doom exclusive. don't know what my odds are of getting one but i hope they are good!

Well... I recently received a piece that was first introduced in 2003 I belive, limited to only 2000: the easterling helmet. Waitlists work! Sometimes. Anxious to see what else they find in that EU warehouse...

I got my Exclusive Doom in the mail yesterday. This is one of the most beautiful pieces I have ever seen! The detail on the throne is amazing. Three hundred fifty bucks well spent! :D

congrats! if only the waitlist would be kind to me, i'd join in your excitement! :D

The Wait List continues to be on fire!!

:nazgul

I placed a wait list request for a Ringwraith bust last year and just got an e-mail that one is available. Not sure I can afford it right now, however...

tomandshell said:
The Wait List continues to be on fire!!

:nazgul

I placed a wait list request for a Ringwraith bust last year and just got an e-mail that one is available. Not sure I can afford it right now, however...

Unfortunately, the fire has gone out in my Wait List....Just found out that my Wait List for the excl PF Han Solo has been cancelled as there were no card declines or any figures "found" in the warehouse! :monkey2

Back