VTS TOYS 1/6 WASTELAND RANGER - Furiosa

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gogul has his review up on YouTube with a really excellent look at her. Honestly, she looks great. I would have bought her if they made her in 1/6 scale. But alas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Man, watching that review there really is a TON of nice detail on this figure when you look at it up close. Which just makes it even more frustrating that they got the size so incredibly wrong. :gah:

Honestly, she looks great. I would have bought her if they made her in 1/6 scale. But alas.

So much is right with this figure... but in 1/7th.

Man, watching that review there really is a TON of nice detail on this figure when you look at it up close. Which just makes it even more frustrating that they got the size so incredibly wrong. :gah:

VTS took one huge short cut. Don't know whether they really expected to get away with it merely by insisting they only have one female body to use. They didn't even put extenders in as they did with DarkZone Tracy, so the concept was flawed from the beginning: the outfit was created specifically for the small, stock body.

And yet it's just so well done otherwise. :gah:

Art Figures (or Special Figures as they're going by with the Lawmaster) must be watching this development, and spotting an opportunity to catch customers on the rebound.

She's not even up to Dutch or Murphy's shoulders. :lol

Do you have Jyn Erso?

No sorry no jyn erso here I’m afraid.

Thanks for sharing the link Asta. Didn’t have time to do articulation as I was ranting too much but might do a quick one today. Needless to say there’s wonder woman level of articulation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have Jyn Erso?

Here's the lovely Jyn with stock Furiosa (pegs removed):

3l6c1iV.jpg

They're virtually the same height, if not identical, taking into account that Jyn's boots have thicker soles.

Thanks for sharing the link Asta.

:duff

When you questioned the material her trousers were made of I looked up the screen used costumes.

It's hard to tell, because they're so weathered and dusty:

Mad%2BMax%2BFury%2BRoad%2Bfuriosa%2Bbelt.jpg

However, they do look similar to Max's, which were worn leather:

Mad%2BMax%2BFury%2BRoad%2Bleg%2Bbrace.jpg

So they probably were leather in those parts, but VTS made them too shiny and new for both figures. Something that Art tried to rectify by going with a matt, non-pleather fabric.

And that loose sudded strap, gogul, attaches to the little black loop on the arm. You have to open the metal ring a little and pass it through the loop.

I so wanted this figure and she was my favorite part of Fury Road, but I just sent KGHobby my cancel notice. Hopefully I’ll get refunded my deposit. Hopefully someone else will make a 1/6 Version. Side by side there is no way this child size figure looks like she could take on Max’s character in an all out brawl like they did in the movie.

I fear worse. Definitely need a new head anyway -- the VTS isn't good in size of sculpt to me.

But here's what I was looking at...

View attachment 409409

Head looked tiny, until I actually looked at Charlize...

View attachment 409410

Really desperate for a Furiosa figure and would love for this to have a solution.

Here, I superimposed the Furiosa clothing to the body on the right. Matched the crotch and waist of the pants to where it should be on the body. Only rotated and flipped stuff and only thing I free transformed is the shirt. I also think the head should sit slightly lower. I'm not really familiar with 1/6 bodies but, I believe, If at least the pants fit, this could work. How tall would she be if this is the body used?

What body is this? Is there a non-seamless body that's similar in size?

I'm really considering not cancelling my PO now.

test 5-17-18.jpg

Really desperate for a Furiosa figure and would love for this to have a solution.

Here, I superimposed the Furiosa clothing to the body on the right. Matched the crotch and waist of the pants to where it should be on the body. Only rotated and flipped stuff and only thing I free transformed is the shirt. I also think the head should sit slightly lower. I'm not really familiar with 1/6 bodies but, I believe, If at least the pants fit, this could work. How tall would she be if this is the body used?

What body is this? Is there a non-seamless body that's similar in size?

I'm really considering not cancelling my PO now.

View attachment 409437

The headsculpt fits tightly to the neck on the stock body so would have to cut away the excess neck area on the HS to try and get it on that Phicen. I don’t think the HS would work though as its really undersized for 1/6 scale. Just looking at her next to Ripley shows the head is too small to fit a similar sized body like the Phicen.

I mean technically this is an unlicensed artistic interpretation of a post apocalyptic female that just so happens to also be called Furiosa but just feels like it’s close but not close enough.

Sorry I messed up this wasn’t based on Charlize, it was based on another person and now I can see they nailed it! VTS for the win!!
76e14f029354cc4c00b7bb6878bc683b.jpeg

If the Phicen is like Ripley proportions then it’s a definite no. Peanut head. Plus I have discovered you can make high end bobble head figures with the stock body. I’m gonna be rich!
20eb21843641f1baa2fbd017f5b1b324.jpg
6851f329b6447e572628cc86ae6b56ae.jpg

cc7c636f57bd147a629dd049ffd7cdde.jpg

09635b4058982c193b3c838b9c841000.jpg

There’s no way a body swap is going to work. The only bodies tall enough to match Charlize’s height is a Phicen, and even the arm would be undersized with that shoulder harness, unless you hacked her arm off at the elbow. This was a pooch screw by VTS. Don’t kid yourself into thinking it’s anything but. Not to mention, good luck getting thos tiny, skinny pants onto a Phicen without having to cut them all the way up the back, and the waist would never fit.

The headsculpt fits tightly to the neck on the stock body so would have to cut away the excess neck area on the HS to try and get it on that Phicen. I don’t think the HS would work though as its really undersized for 1/6 scale. Just looking at her next to Ripley shows the head is too small to fit a similar sized body like the Phicen.

I mean technically this is an unlicensed artistic interpretation of a post apocalyptic female that just so happens to also be called Furiosa but just feels like it’s close but not close enough.

the live action photo shows she has bigger body smaller head. and with a smaller head it helps make the look shoulder wider. you should be more concerned about how to install the arm to the new body instead.

the shirt would fit because it's only showing the top you should worry about the pants too tight to fit.

Sometimes you gotta make lemonade. Decided to get her a little dirtier and put a bit of rust on shoulder pad and arm. Added sand colours into the costume via dry brush and just did a mix of 5 colour drybrush to the shirt, belts and pouches to give them depth. It’s all subtle but just makes her look better.
Oh and I gave her the grease facepaint. She sure looks better with that! Recommend you all do it.
4d0b27e05309d49436319068df9ae9a4.jpg
d13212267369972861a553626a35d96f.jpg
a00310ca0942a104b1999d74775a85a6.jpg
32004747b743840067ae8954564aa996.jpg
4cb90aabf22c18ffe836537850d7f984.jpg
ee049f1b7b96de736237b554965f6a99.jpg

Back