VTS TOYS 1/6 WASTELAND RANGER - Furiosa

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah she is. And this is the only Furiosa out there but even with my usual forgiving nature, I am really unsure about keeping it. These are expensive and I passed on other figures to get this as I love the character.

But I am going to hold out and see if anybody comes up with a viable easy solution. :)

Listening to you talk about body proportions so much on your podcast, I can only imagine how much this body is bothering you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Man , got that email as well from steve at timewalker. What a great guy. Making it fast and easy, canceling it and using the money to place order on Diecast mark 2 iron man instead

I also received that email from Steve. I canceled mine, and I hope everyone else does as well. Normally these retailers have to order by the case. I hope in this case, if people choose to keep it, they’re able to order by the piece instead. If not, and only one person says “Yes keep my PO”, Steve (and other venders) are going to get stuck with a lot of junk they won’t be able to move.

Yeah I went ahead and cancelled mine with Steve too. All the other issues could have been dealt with, but there's just no getting around how freakin tiny and underscaled the figure is.

And I guess I can sell Max now too and get some extra money for him. I was really looking forward to weathering him up, but it's just not a character I have as much interest in by himself, and it was only ever bought to display with Furiosa.

This figure created a unique problem.

Ever since I've had her I've been back and forth...back and forth, wondering how to fit her into the collection.

1. I love the figure for its quality, design and intricacy. So she's a keeper.

2. There's no way she will ever be a 1/6 Furiosa from Fury Road. Therefore, she shouldn't be displayed with Max. Similar to davejames, I have no great feelings towards Fury Road. I sometimes buy figures just because I like the look of them, rather than to represent a film. For example, Doctor Strange was a terribly boring film, but a great looking Hot Toys figure that drew inspiration from the comic books.

3. Attempts at increasing her height throw off her proportions. Part of that is that the black corset merges with the trousers so it looks like she's already wearing high-waisters. Lengthen the legs and the issue is compounded.

4. So I finally came to a solution. I took out the ankle extensions. Removed the stand raiser. And placed her on a shelf with some of my post-apocalyptic people (i.e. survivors of the zombie apocalypse).

As a 1/6 figure she essentially portrays a teenager. Therefore might as well play to her strengths and let her represent a post-apocalyptic one-armed teenager. I can't help but see the likeness of a more grown up Eleven from Stranger Things anyway!

P.S.

I forgot. There was one final rite to perform.

Exchanged her stand for a simple, anonymous black oval one. And gave hers to the Art Figures Max - the 'Furiosa' title is written so small that I don't think he'll worry.

I’m a little surprised that Art Figures haven’t done a Furiosa, they were making a Max and Anderson at the same time VTS was. Maybe once they see how disappointed everyone is with this version they will step in?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I really didn't want to cancel but Steve @Timewalker gave a great opportunity to back out without hurting him as a retailer and I just cant see myself being happy with a teenage Furiosa.

Super disappointed. Hard to believe that they could have the proto be so on point and then have the results come back so miniscule in scale. Really shows how difficult it is to actually get a production run through a factory I guess.

I’m a little surprised that Art Figures haven’t done a Furiosa, they were making a Max and Anderson at the same time VTS was. Maybe once they see how disappointed everyone is with this version they will step in?

Good thinking.

Maybe they stepped out of the ring because they were going head-to-head on a few projects. But the door's wide open again for them now.

2. There's no way she will ever be a 1/6 Furiosa from Fury Road. Therefore, she shouldn't be displayed with Max. Similar to davejames, I have no great feelings towards Fury Road. I sometimes buy figures just because I like the look of them, rather than to represent a film. For example, Doctor Strange was a terribly boring film, but a great looking Hot Toys figure that drew inspiration from the comic books.

Actually I'm a huge fan of the movie (and it's frankly the only Mad Max movie I really like). But Furiosa was the only character I was truly interested in, so without her I just don't have much desire for anything else from it.

Actually I'm a huge fan of the movie (and it's frankly the only Mad Max movie I really like). But Furiosa was the only character I was truly interested in, so without her I just don't have much desire for anything else from it.

Ah, I get you.

I like the film, but feel no special connection to it. It's not like Star Wars, for example, that has that special nostalgia because I grew up wanting to know more about its universe.

The Mad Max movies interest me more for their design.

Now that she's no longer Furiosa I put a watch on her wrist. Serves double duty as distancing her from her source and covering the unsightly joint. Now she looks completely seamless.

Here she is next to Ripley and BW. Considering everyone said how undersized Ripley is you can only imagine how small Furiosa is. She’s not 1/6 scale. Sort of teetering between 1/7 and 1/8 scale. It’s a great figure but definetly not 1/6. I think this really should have been addressed much earlier in the process. Sadly it wasn’t and now we have this. Can’t say I’m not disappointed. If VTS had a conscience they’d at least produce a second body and headsculpt for us or at least sell it to us for cost.
9f8ea8abcefb567231f4febe29b86f01.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

who's that small mechanical child with Black Widow and Ripley?

Muppet Baby Furiosa. She was kicked out of the gang after Piggy found her in the sand pit with Kermit making tadpoles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back