VTS TOYS 1/6 WASTELAND RANGER - Furiosa

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What about adding 1/2 an inch or so to the torso? You'd likely lose the torso crunch, but because the outfit looks the way it does, maybe the extension there wouldn't be as noticeable as at the ankle.

What about adding 1/2 an inch or so to the torso? You'd likely lose the torso crunch, but because the outfit looks the way it does, maybe the extension there wouldn't be as noticeable as at the ankle.

Yeah I think a mix of both might help. Am still interested to see what comes out via customisers and see if anything can be salvaged. Still haven’t bought another body yet as there hasn’t been enough comparison of different bodies to see what would work best. Was hoping OSK would line her up next to several different shades, to see what ones work and what ones don’t, but doubt he was able to get any other bodies for comparison so still in the dark.
Hoping to get mine today or tomorrow but without any Phicen or Jiaou bodies in my collection I won’t be able to compare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thought I'd have a stab and see if I could photograph her. As I suspected, from the photos previously seen, it's one of those non-photogenic heads which is hard to capture what you see with your own eyes. Especially when you don't have any skill beyond pointing and clicking.

She looks better than this, particularly if you light her from the right angle, which I didn't for the photos. It's just zoom in with the flash on.

16EyXkI.jpg

88wSc9q.jpg

8VA6qv6.jpg

She has ankle pegs attached to the boots, upon which her legs rest unattached to gain half an inch in height.

eSoafhl.jpg

vyjr8hF.jpg

yxEwUS7.jpg

...and that's why I don't like photographing my figures. :lol

Someone asked VTS about the body

Furiosa's body is the same size they used for Psi-Judge Anderson and the IDF CICC girl.

But the DarkZone girls are substantially taller.

VTS Tracy and VTS/DAM IDF CICC:

ckx4B6K.jpg

Those are both stock VTS figure bodies, with only the sculpts changed. Whatever they did to make Tracy taller they should've done for Furiosa.

Huh I wonder why they said they only have 1 body size then. Even their darkzone is still short for furiosa, it's better than the teen body

Huh I wonder why they said they only have 1 body size then. Even their darkzone is still short for furiosa, it's better than the teen body

There's probably some extra height in Tracy's boots, but she's still 3/4" taller than their 'regular' body. If what they say is true, then she must have leg extensions. So no excuse why they couldn't have done the same for Furiosa.

Asta, did you add them little leg extenders? where do you get them?

I had a pair of ankle extensions that came with a POPToys body, which I plugged onto the pegs inside the boots. They have a spiked peg on the upper end that I just rested the legs on top. So that gives you the height of the extension plus the height of the spiked peg tucked inside the leg socket. Overall gain was 1/2" to get her to a measly 11".

It was these pieces:

hixm74I.jpg

Ah ok cool! thanks. It does help a little but she is still too petite I think.

Agreed.

I don't think this figure can be rescued as a sixth scale Charlize without some serious work. Even then it's doubtful if the clothes will fit a larger body.

She's nice. But she's an anomaly.

I am still gonna go for the Phicen and try it out...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Furiosa's body is the same size they used for Psi-Judge Anderson and the IDF CICC girl.

ckx4B6K.jpg

What about swapping this body? you have one?
Ill be happy getting just another 1/2 inch any additional height...I don need it to be exact scale

Ill be happy getting just another 1/2 inch any additional height...I don need it to be exact scale

Another half an inch would get her to an acceptable height - from the original 10.5 to 11.5. But the trousers are going to be getting short, unless the extra height is in the torso. It'd have to be something different to the PopToys style, or else you'll be adding 1" to the ankles.

ckx4B6K.jpg

Pretty sure that would be a body with jointed arms. Don't think I ever took the jacket off.

Most of the extra height, if not all, from Tracy is the legs: the boots plus stock ankle extenders. To make Furiosa that tall would mean adding 3/4" to the ankles, and then her trousers are going to be getting short. She'd end up around 11 1/4" tall.

If you used a bigger overall body then you'd likely run into the problem that her head looks small - it actually looks pretty small compared to Max.

She's nice. But she's an anomaly.

Yeah she is. And this is the only Furiosa out there but even with my usual forgiving nature, I am really unsure about keeping it. These are expensive and I passed on other figures to get this as I love the character.

But I am going to hold out and see if anybody comes up with a viable easy solution. :)

Hmm, just got an email from Timewalker asking if I want to cancel because of how the final figure turned out. I initially planned to keep my order, but now I'm back on the fence and wondering if I even want to bother trying to improve it at all...

It’s going to be a lot of time, $ and talent to get her looking right I reckon. I’m seeing this figure as no more than a few accessories to start building a custom. The body and head aren’t useable, we aren’t sure if the clothes and accessories are undersized to the point of being unsalvageable as well.

Last edited:
Back