VTS TOYS 1/6 WASTELAND RANGER - Furiosa

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would want to see pics under less harsh lighting, but it looks a lot like Max where they only gave to production figure about half the weathering of the proto.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would want to see pics under less harsh lighting, but it looks a lot like Max where they only gave to production figure about half the weathering of the proto.

I was thinking the same.

She looks about the same drop down from the carefully composed promo photos as Max did when the first in hand shots appeared of him.

Always seems to happen with their movie figures. Yet their Dark Zone and military figures (under their Dam brand) come out pretty much identical to the promos.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I believe that height and likeness is off. Probably was already with the proto

It’s an acceptable drop. The outfit looks great.
I was doing Mods anyway to give her the Imperitor look.

The black grease paint will help alot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The issue is the sculpt is WAY to clean. Like Maybelline clean . She is haggard and dirty for 90% of the film.

This is something that differentiates company’s selling a 150 dollar figure versus and 270 dollar figure.

Adding dirt and grime should make huge improvements. I always look at VTS as a base figure that will need mods. Max didn’t need a lot but he did need some. He was one of their best figures yet.

My only real gripe is her head looks HUGE?!!!!

LOL

giphy.gif

0b13d2b3523e7d8832b6177829e13477.gif

65c12d7cbc462962dc62272b74bb5ec9.jpg

The head sculpt (skin tone/paint) is way off with the prototype literally...
wait that long for this is not acceptable in my book to be honest ~ :slap

161609u5iy5hi22zw2wmwy.jpg
161609wwjaq6qnhq3wnsqu.jpg

I think we are seeing some first aweful photos ....the usual panic.

The color does appear way off though.

The recurring comment on that forum where the pics are is that people are saying it looks like the head got deformed in the production process.

WTF has happened? that HS hurts my eyes, if they don't improve it I won't keep her... they can't make us wait for more than a ******ing year and give us that face xD has NOTHING to do with the proto, Max first images were far better than this...

Was so hopeful for this after how happy I was with Max. No way will I be putting this on the shelf next to Max. I have no interest in repainting with proportions like that. Agreed paint isn't the worst of it's problems. Ten years ago this would have been passable, not today.

It’s an acceptable drop. The outfit looks great.
I was doing Mods anyway to give her the Imperitor look.

The black grease paint will help alot

Yeah I was hoping it would be a lot closer to the proto in terms of the paintjob and weathering, but thankfully I can still see how it can be made into a really cool figure after some modding and repainting.

And I don't really see an issue with the head size; the problem is just with the skinny neck and arms of the body they're using, which is the same issue a lot of female figures have, and is something I've kinda gotten used to by this point.

She's still worth the price -- the outfit and mech arm alone are worth it.

They cheaped out on the t-shirt. I'd love to find a 'thicker' or buffer female body to replace this with... but is there even one out there?

One thing I am nervous about is what she may look like next to Max. I'm really hoping this isn't another Threezero Mulder/Scully situation where she looks tiny and completely out of scale with him or something...

The costume and accessories look amazing, really high quality.
The head, body, and paint look average, almost sub par.
Still a really great set that I think is worth the price.
I'm sure everyone wants the head repainted with the grease paint look from the movie and that might help the likeness a bit. I also wouldn't be surprised if another bootleg CT Furiosa head sculpt becomes available with a better likeness and paint at some point.
I'm still keeping my order.

Back