VTS TOYS 1/6 WASTELAND RANGER - Furiosa

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang, thanks. Phicen it is.

I just measured an OurWorld Jill Valentine I have, which has seamless arms and legs. From where her feet would be to where her neck would end she's the height of those bodies. Seems like a popular scale (whether jointed or seamless) used by companies for unlicensed figures.

Furiosa is en route to be delivered today, and I have some ankle extensions ready. I'm not going to the fuss of slicing up and painting a new body.

Scratch what I said about those alternative bodies.

Furiosa is even smaller than they are.

She's only about the height of CGL's Carl Grimes or John Connor.

Just 10.5" from the soles of her boots to the top of her head. She really is closer to 1/7.

Paint and sculpt are good though. Doesn't look anything like the bad blogger photos.

Ankle extensions (not plugged into the legs) bring her total height to 11", or just under 28cm. Still a fair way off the 29.5 + boots she should be.

Extensions also create the optical illusion of very long legs due to her outfit with all the belts, and the short top showing above the black corset.

There's no way I could see the trousers fitting a muscular Phicen/TB League since they narrow where the leathery parts begin above the knee.

Nevertheless, this is a very good looking figure. It's the usual quality expected from VTS/DAM. Very intricate design, especially the mechanical arm. When I was adjusting the ankle extensions I noticed how detailed the soles of the boots were, and even have the Xpd logo stamped into them.

She just happens to be woefully (even laughably) under scaled.

It's a mystery why VTS went with the scale, except that it's likely based on the smaller body they use for their female figures under the DAM brand, as Furiosa matches the height of my IDF girls and Psi-Judge Anderson. The DAM DarkZone Tracy looks taller though - they could've used that body with seamless arms to get her a bit closer.

Conclusion:

She's a fantastic looking figure on display.

Just don't display her with Max. :lol

If you put her on her own, without any scale reference, you can see her as Theron's Furiosa. But if you stand her next to any other figure, not just Max, there's no way you can kid yourself that it's Furiosa from the film. She's far too diminutive, and therefore more reminiscent of an older Eleven from Stranger Things.

At the moment I'm not sure where to display her, or who with. If she stands alongside anyone she becomes a new post-apocalyptic sci-fi character.

Ankle extensions (not plugged into the legs) bring her total height to 11", or just under 28cm. Still a fair way off the 29.5 + boots she should be.

Extensions also create the optical illusion of very long legs due to her outfit with all the belts, and the short top showing above the black corset.

There's no way I could see the trousers fitting a muscular Phicen/TB League since they narrow where the leathery parts begin above the knee.

Nevertheless, this is a very good looking figure. It's the usual quality expected from VTS/DAM. Very intricate design, especially the mechanical arm. When I was adjusting the ankle extensions I noticed how detailed the soles of the boots were, and even have the Xpd logo stamped into them.

It's a mystery why VTS went with the scale, except that it's likely based on the smaller body they use for their female figures under the DAM brand, as Furiosa matches the height of my IDF girls and Psi-Judge Anderson. The DAM DarkZone Tracy looks taller though - they could've used that body with seamless arms to get her a bit closer.

Conclusion:

If you put her on her own, without any scale reference, you can see her as Theron's Furiosa. But if you stand her next to any other figure, not just Max, there's no way you can kid yourself that it's Furiosa from the film. She's far too diminutive, and therefore more reminiscent of an older Eleven from Stranger Things.

At the moment I'm not sure where to display her, or who with. If she stands alongside anyone she becomes a new post-apocalyptic sci-fi character.

Scratch what I said about those alternative bodies.

Furiosa is even smaller than they are.

She's only about the height of CGL's Carl Grimes or John Connor.

Just 10.5" from the soles of her boots to the top of her head. She really is closer to 1/7.

Paint and sculpt are good though. Doesn't look anything like the bad blogger photos.

Conclusion:

Thanks for the review. Been waiting for someone to do an in hand review before completing my pre-order. Any pics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the review. Been waiting for someone to do an in hand review before completing my pre-order. Any pics?

No pics.

Probably wouldn't look any different than those you've already seen because she's likely one of those figures that doesn't photograph well, no matter how hard you try. I gave up taking photos because they usually just made figures look worse. :lol

I've displayed her on her own, on a shelf without any other figures. It's really the only thing you can do with her, unless you want her to look like a 5' 3" generic wastelander (or a 5' 6" generic wastelander if you extend the legs).

What I can say is that she doesn't look like the left hand side of the composite you posted. In fact, if you light her from above the sculpt looks really good as it picks out the shape of her face.

Well I got mine just now and snapped a few pics that will hopefully be useful for folks. I like her quite a bit but she is defo not as nice as the prototype pics and she is far too short. Some more black oil on her face would make her even more furiousa like. The over all quality is very good I think. If you have Max then you have an idea.

3485556300302c32e5599d06bd639fdb.jpg

1319427f9dbfebb9e6ccfb6842d8539e.jpg

78ef1b47df3823a9b226f1ef814b4ca6.jpg

7a3457169400a56480c490a4a414c396.jpg

64442c2ef039b8a5e070932cbabd3470.jpg

1abdf6c1ad13ffdac3683adeb91770c8.jpg

0d05cacce4db87724d8fb259f87f41f8.jpg

08004d7ebf775bad768320a2b643d5de.jpg

c9aff2163db3991e41baaa5842836160.jpg

018c3863fb8a23ac447f74d16bb30d32.jpg

a9caef4f3159c6b99ce331fad9cedd7c.jpg

baf5bc5581d189601a69bce7b13be77a.jpg

Dang, she really does look tiny next to Max. And seeing how small her head looks compared to Gamora's, I really don't see how putting it on a taller body is going to work either.

I'm curious about these bodies. They're cheap enough that I won't feel bad lopping off an arm and paint the skin, also since only the left and right are is exposed I feel a Phicen/TBLeague would be over kill and expensive. Of course the height of these figures is a factor, has anyone bought these and can post pics of the size?

https://www.figurestation.com.hk/ho...suntan-bodysteel-skeletonlittle-bust/?lang=en
https://www.figurestation.com.hk/ho...loy-skeleton-wheat-color-small-chest/?lang=en
https://www.figurestation.com.hk/ho...ale-body-repay-version-sun-tan3-bust/?lang=en

Yeah I brought up those new Xing bodies earlier, and already have one on order for something else, but they're not out until July or so. Seems like they might be a bit taller than the VTS, but won't know for a while.

What a **** up. In a vacuum she does look great. If I got her I would have to pose her with my Mezco Knightmare Batman, the only other post-apocalyptic figure I have that might actually be in scale with her. Good lord.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well there is the Modern Life Furiosa head sculpt that is amazing but I now worry it will be too big.

It's so flippen bizarre that the same company who made Max, made this. How did they get the height so wrong here??

Yeah I brought up those new Xing bodies earlier, and already have one on order for something else, but they're not out until July or so. Seems like they might be a bit taller than the VTS, but won't know for a while.

What are these? Any pics?

What are these? Any pics?

These:

I'm curious about these bodies. They're cheap enough that I won't feel bad lopping off an arm and paint the skin, also since only the left and right are is exposed I feel a Phicen/TBLeague would be over kill and expensive. Of course the height of these figures is a factor, has anyone bought these and can post pics of the size?

https://www.figurestation.com.hk/ho...suntan-bodysteel-skeletonlittle-bust/?lang=en
https://www.figurestation.com.hk/ho...loy-skeleton-wheat-color-small-chest/?lang=en
https://www.figurestation.com.hk/ho...ale-body-repay-version-sun-tan3-bust/?lang=en

They're what I'd class as the usual scale of body used for unlicensed figures. Just a little taller, but still too short for Charlize.

They're what I'd class as the usual scale of body used for unlicensed figures. Just a little taller, but still too short for Charlize.

Ah thanks. Well this figure here is 256mm with the head. The bodies you suggested is 255mm without a head. Might still be too short.

Ah thanks. Well this figure here is 256mm with the head. The bodies you suggested is 255mm without a head. Might still be too short.

Yes, I don't think there's really an option for saving Furiosa. It's not just the height but the scale of the complete figure: slightly smaller sized sculpt and tight clothes designed for a petite body.

It's mad because she's such a good looking figure. But just not a viable companion for Max. Either have to display her by herself without any figures close by for reference, or treat her as 'young Furiosa', or a non-Furiosa teen character.

I might have to do the same thing I do with my Rey and Kylo figures-- have Furiosa out front in the detolf and Max waaay in the back.

But obviously I would have much rather had them side by side. :(

I'll keep my preorder because small Furiosa is better than no Furiosa. But I'll be watching for whatever solutions you folks come up with.

It's mad because she's such a good looking figure.

yeah, it's quite a shame and frustrating. I do think the quality is better that say Star Ace and more in line with maybe Sideshow. Open to debate on that,

I might have to do the same thing I do with my Rey and Kylo figures-- have Furiosa out front in the detolf and Max waaay in the back.

But obviously I would have much rather had them side by side. :(

It's not going to be easy. I will have her in my 'cult' cubicle with SS Ash, Dredd and Max.

Chinese women are petit but they still not that much smaller too Chinese men so how in the name of arse they got this massive difference is quite puzzling.

Thanks for the review, Asta. Troubling as it is.

Thanks for the pics, Eamon. But this is truly disappointing. There's no way a larger body will accommodate that miniscule head.

And I'd agree with Asta that it doesn't look like those fantastic clothes will fit even a thin new body. Certainly the belts and things will no fit around anything larger than a Barbie waist.

Tragic.

that is just awful and i was being so optimistic it wouldn't be that bad

extremely short , looks like a teenager. And the neck joint is horrible as well. The hand they didn't even bother painting them

$159.00

anyone know what the policy is with Timewalker if you cancel a preorder? they didnt require a deposit for this

Back