VTS TOYS 1/6 WASTELAND RANGER - Furiosa

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was about to say that the response on this thread sounds like great news for folks that missed out on the pre-order...but let's be honest no one's canceling anything...it will be fun to check in in a few months and hear about how "AMAZING" this figure is! :)

Seriously? You do know she's sitting on her motorcycle in that moment, right?

View attachment 407501

I couldn’t find a better pic....but in the film she’s shorter than he is.....which is not reality.

I never understood the obsession some collectors take in height issues, although I did see it first time with Rey.

I have the terminator Endo and tons of people complain about it’s size....it’s just doesn’t bother me.

What bothers me most is the flesh tone color change. The original looked very good lighter grayish fleshtone....this on is Barbie Doll plastic color...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 407536

Holy hell -- its even worse!!!

Maybe if he comes down an inch and she goes up an inch. Long pegs for her are a MUST.

But that still doesn't solve the super slim body. She looks like that tween from Strange Things.

Longer pegs might help a little, but as someone else said the bigger problem seems to be her short torso.

Really? I have mine next to several HT figures and he's clearly too tall. Maybe as much as an inch. So I could bring him down a bit. Hardy isn't a tall guy; more compact, stout.

Do you have yours next to Marvel figures -- like Iron Man, Thor and Captain America? Those are tall figures.

I’ve had him boxed up for a while, but I did have him next to DOFP Wolverine for a while, which seems like a pretty average size figure as far as my collection goes, and he seemed undersized. I’m not talking just about height, but he just seemed smaller overall. I also have the AF Max and he seems way too big.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think the short torso is an illusion created by the outfit.

Something clearly went wrong with the coming of the skin, the wrist pegs done even match color with the skin.

52360a7d7e9c2d3d2deeb55a78db9d99.jpg

4f0163fa2e605ef46fb42456c32486b1.jpg

92d5fe59b8480214144eaf185c0b87e5.jpg

you guys want taller than 6ft Max figure go ahead and get those Original Effect bodies they are tall.

i'm assuming your Hardy max 1/6 figure is around 12" so that's around 6ft which isn't Hardy's true height so OE bodies may look in scale.

I bet charlize wouldn’t be happy seeing herself dwarfed by Tom. Especially as they had a bad relationship while filming if rumours are to be believed. I don’t know how they got the idea Furiosa was short, in the film they shot her from low angles and such to give the inpression of height.
Maybe the fact she doesn’t have her chest exposed is also putting people off.
Looking at these pics there’s no way she could have have a physical tussle with Max without getting pummled to death within seconds. Trying to think of a body that would work for her. Alot of female bodies are just too short.
Here is max next to Ellen, Catwoman and black widow (third party body).

Although saying that could it be the thickness of the belts mixed with no chest being exposed making the upper body look out of proportion? Its still too short but just proportion wise?

EDIT: just remembered my Max had the body replaced so he might be shorter that the stock version.
581b7c64f2d0813f4bff18a4dcd7f711.jpg
69932b5f01a31a50bc4b3890da149761.jpg

Did people really expect that they (VTS) would develop an entire new body for the price they’re charging? Of course, they have to use existing female body in the market.

The figure is too short because they couldn't be bothered to tool a new body for her. It's probably easier to shorten Max than to heighten Furiosa. Adding ankle extenders will make her legs freakishly long.

If Hot Toys charging HT price and still hadn’t bothered to tool a new body for Rey, don’t expect any unlicensed company to do so either.

I’m happy that I will get this figure despite its shortcomings.

I imagine VTS will use a similar body to their Anderson figure (without the huge rack). In that case this is the highly issues we’ll deal with. Note that Nux is on a tall body backside the actor is 6’3”. Both Max figures are definitely too tall and Furiosa will definitely be too small.
6c10bdf60eb2b9bfb53eea8ac74e1835.jpg

The figure is too short because they couldn't be bothered to tool a new body for her. It's probably easier to shorten Max than to heighten Furiosa. Adding ankle extenders will make her legs freakishly long.

Unfortunately it looks like even if you shorten Max to his proper height, he would still tower completely over her.

So apart from:
the height,
The weathering,
The lack of a low cut to the top,
The wrong colour wrist pegs,
The hair colour (too light),
And The skin tone...
It’s good yeah? Lol I’m definetly modding her as best I can.

I have this on order with osk, and I'm bummed out after being so excited for this to come out because everyone was so jazzed by their Max figures

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

the HTs Wonder Woman body would be ideal but there’s no way those clothes could fit the WW body.

Back