Vote Free Ada Chan headsculpt

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ada has announced she is accepting suggestions for a celebrity head she will sculpt for free. Whoever gets the most suggestions/votes will get sculpted.

Result will be announced in May 27, 2008

Here's the thing, as a forum, we can totally stuff that ballot box and get her to sculpt a free head WE want if we organize and decide on a single head many of us will want, so no minor wants, but characters we know the board will go nuts for.

The biggest advice I'd make for this is that she is stronger at doing males more than females. That said, what the hell. It's free!

To me, here are some smart suggestions I've seen clamored for on here or I just thought were a good idea. Even if there's one in the works somewhere, it's free. The worst she can do is make a better one. :)

Some suggestions:

Harrison Ford: Blade Runner
Shaak Ti (Star Wars)
Milla Jovovich
Mel Gibson: Road Warrior
Medival Kurgan
Aliens: Newt
Aliens: Hudson
Spock
Kirk
Roy Shieder: Brody from Jaws

Offer your suggestions and let's discuss!

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool. I like free!

I'm already in a Newt and Mad Max project. Man, so many choices. I'll have to think about this. An actor's portrait that could be used for multiple projects might be good.

I know it's minor but Rick O'connell(Brenden Fraiser).
Also Blade 3-King(Ryan Reynolds)

If we are on the Indy train right now, I would really want a Short Round and see no chance of SS ever touching that. he's probably too isoteric though of a want.

Heh. How about an Aayla Secura? :monkey3

Well a Deckard sculpt would cover you then, with some hair fixes, it could be Han Solo (replace Bespin), Indy or Deckard. Seems to cover a lot of ground. But I have to say I'm very happy with Trev's Indy sculpt coming.

Other actors that serve multiple purposes -- Stallone, Arnold, Willis -- have been done to death, with HT Predator Arnold expected at SDCC, the HT Rocky and Rambos, and many versions of Willis.

I'm having a heck of a time trying to come up with someone that a lot of people would want. Most of the heads I'd like to see are all smaller characters to fill out my display.

I would suggest someone that has not been done and that cannot be obtained.
Just going by those listed so far:

Harrison Ford: Blade Runner - DONE [to death and beyond]
Shaak Ti (Star Wars) - give SS time, they'll get to every SW character
Milla Jovovich - heads are available
Mel Gibson: Road Warrior - heads are being done right here on this board
Medival Kurgan - well....nuff said
Aliens: Newt - heads are being done right here on this board
Aliens: Hudson - done by Les and Hero Heads
Spock - may be forthcoming from SFM
Kirk - may be forthcoming from SFM
Roy Shieder: Brody from Jaws
Michael Caine - there is a nice one available for $10 I think, I'll look for link]
Brenden Fraiser - available
Ryan Reynolds - is there enough call for him?
Matt Damon - available
king of new york chris walken - available

I think an opportunity like this should be used to get a sculpt that will probably NEVER see the light of day otherwise. But, how do you appease the masses with just one sculpt? For instance, I'd love a William Smith sculpt. Venerable 70's tough guy and all around badass. Fits into just about every genre. But how many others would? I think Indy is a bad call as he's been done so many times. Why waste an opportunity on something thats overly abundant? If you want to do this as a board effort Ithink it needs to be first decided what genre we'd like to see a sculpt from:
For example, classic horror could look for Colin Clive or Bela as Ygor,
aliens & robots might look for something from Species, military a whole different direction. Once it was figured out what area to go with then a more specific idea could emerge.
Just my thoughts. :D

well if you think about it like that virtually every actor has been done at some point. whether they've been done well or made widely available is another thing. my suggestion for example, i've never seen a chris walken sculpt. and those guys that haven't been done, it suggests there's not enough call for them.

either we go for the section idea you had, or we could go for an actor in a generic style. like wofford did with the bale sculpt. amazing sculpt and it can be used for so many things.

Doctor Who
Nicholas Courtney as The Brigadier
Roger Delgado as The Master
Anthony Ainley as The Master

Rocky
Burgess Meredith as Mickey
Burt Young as Paulie
Hulk Hogan as Thunderlips

well if you think about it like that virtually every actor has been done at some point. whether they've been done well or made widely available is another thing. my suggestion for example, i've never seen a chris walken sculpt. and those guys that haven't been done, it suggests there's not enough call for them.
either we go for the section idea you had, or we could go for an actor in a generic style. like wofford did with the bale sculpt. amazing sculpt and it can be used for so many things.

Not necessarily, I had a bunch of folks who just admitted they never thought of William Smith, but would get him if made because he fits so many areas. One of the smaller companies made Walken as King of New York, and copies [not advocating recasting here, just stating facts]are available weekly on ebay.
As for almost every actor being done? Maybe more of the modern day ones but I have never seen a James Garner, Peter Falk, Christopher George, George Peppard, Peter Graves, James Arness.... you get my point. There are a PETHORA of actors that have not been touched.
I think the section idea would work. A generic sculpt would too, but how do you decide which generic actor gets made? Like you said, Bale fits many genres, but so do many other actors. [ie: the aforementioned Mr. Smith]

i think we'd need to decide on a movie or franchise that's massively popular so that everyone could get a figure they might not have thought about before (like William Smith, although I have to admit I don't know who that is personally) but would think "wow, i'd like that" if they heard it. i've always wanted a shawshank redemption tim robbins. i think that would rock. has he been done before? very popular movie too.

Donald Pleasance as Samual Loomis
Sgt. Kabukiman NYPD (I have to try, don't I? :monkey3 )
Reggie from Phantasm
DeVito as Penguin

That's all I got right now. Too early for brainstorming... :monkey1

Well a Deckard sculpt would cover you then, with some hair fixes, it could be Han Solo (replace Bespin), Indy or Deckard. Seems to cover a lot of ground. But I have to say I'm very happy with Trev's Indy sculpt coming.

Other actors that serve multiple purposes -- Stallone, Arnold, Willis -- have been done to death, with HT Predator Arnold expected at SDCC, the HT Rocky and Rambos, and many versions of Willis.

I'm having a heck of a time trying to come up with someone that a lot of people would want. Most of the heads I'd like to see are all smaller characters to fill out my display.

T1 Sarah Connor.

Back