Wgp- Nu-Doctor Who: Help us decide our Tennant head's expression!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Wgp- nu-doctor who

I would love Tennant's look from his first season as the Doctor. Would still prefer a sad/sober expression. I'm not always fond of smiling figures.

Re: Wgp- Nu-Doctor Who: Tennant and Jack a go!

I'm interested in both Jack and the a Tenth doctor. I of course would need to see the actual sculpts before fully committing. For the 10th I think it should be serious.

Can you put me down for the 10th Doctor? Thanks.

Is there a rough estimate at all when a Tennant head might be done? And was the Matt Smith head dropped for sure?

Is there a rough estimate at all when a Tennant head might be done? And was the Matt Smith head dropped for sure?

The reason for the slowness before was we only had Sean as an artist and sometimes a few extra that would drop in and help us out. I've been recruiting the last several months and WGP actually has several artists now. The problem is, we need to get some of the current projects that are currently being printed and cast out to make enough profit so we can pay for the next round of projects.

Right now the Fourth Doctor is being sculpted. I may actually get see the finished version of him by the end of the weekend. After him, Tennant, Jack, and Rose are up next for sculpting when we are able to commission in the next round.

I am hoping to have Tennant sculpted by Feb. Matt can still happen as long as those other Nu Who sell well because Sean was pretty far along with him at the point he stopped.

War Doctor?

ANNOUNCEMENT

As I hope you guys know, if you guys get at least 16 interest votes together for a character we will make their head.

But we have been making a lot of inroads with different tailors, and we may be able to start offering more deluxe complete figures. The War Doctor, McCoy, McGann, Eccleston, Clara, any of them. The problem is these are pretty high-end tailors we have been talking to and would charge a lot for the costumes.

I can see the soft goods costing at least $250-$300 for certain Doctor outfits, and then we'd need at least 50 people interested to get them to make them.

You know, Big Chief sells 1,000 units per figure. Ideally 50 people shouldn't be that hard for McGann or theoretically any of the Nu Doctors. I just want to throw that out because that's something I'd like to reach for. Finding tailors has always been hard for us, and it's great to have that opportunity open for us to use some of the bigger ones.

With 5 artists on hand now I can also give good deals on Doctor Who head commissions. PM me! ;)

If there's a list, I would be down for a War Doctor head.

Also a McGann from Night of the Doctor.

You can actually put together a War Doctor outfits from existing parts, the hardest thing is the vest. The rest are more common.

For McGann I could go for either classic or Night of the Doctor. I was planning on using the Titan bust, but have recently been informed by the place I preordered it from that all bust were cancelled.

Outfits can be rigged, it's the heads and parts that are hard.

You can actually put together a War Doctor outfits from existing parts, the hardest thing is the vest. The rest are more common.

For McGann I could go for either classic or Night of the Doctor. I was planning on using the Titan bust, but have recently been informed by the place I preordered it from that all bust were cancelled.

Outfits can be rigged, it's the heads and parts that are hard.

Yes, but the model of just offering to make the heads for the customizers still doesn't get us even 16 people signed up for him. For our original 1:6 Who things to really be successful (not talking replacement heads for BC figures) we ultimately need to be selling out past the smaller "customizers" pool and eventually be hitting people who collect BC 1:6 Who who aren't customers in the main stream, and they'll need completed figures.

Like I said, it's a goal to work towards. :)

Here is how the Nu-Who lists look now. I probably need to combine the McGann lists from the Classic thread and the Nu thread. :)

Also, Tennant might be happening sooner than estimated. Still not sure of the expression.

Our Classic Who thread is here:
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103036

INTEREST LISTS 16 PEOPLE INTERESTED/COMMITTED NEEDED TO GO

DOCTOR 11 season 5

EXPRESSION4_zps89ee0359.jpg

(FORUM VOTED-ON EXPRESSION)

1)SlytherinPride
2)SchmittyJames
3)Calcifer
4)DRDANDALEK
5)darthkostis (sad smirk)
6)Scifi67

AMY

pYRb5g9_zpsca10e792.jpg

1)Drdandalek (sculpted hair)
2)SlytherinPride
3)Damien
4)Gruff Old Bear

CLARA

Jenna-Louise-Coleman-in-Doctor-Who1-e1354133938945_zps28c418b1.jpg

1)Doctordandalek
2)SchmittyJames
3)Scifi67

CAPTAIN JACK HARKNESS
HAS REACHED 16! WILL BE MADE!
(separate thread started here, with costume https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96798&highlight=TORCHWOOD)

CapJackHarkness_zps3ae6c5bb.jpg

1)Sueworld
2)The ObsoleteMan
3)Tekkaman Blade
4)Buffylover
5)MiskatonicNick
6)thainer
7)Duck of Death
8)tjg
9)Reinhardt
10)Ironman1188
11)koipond
12)Jiminydog
13)TheEnemy
14)Doctordandalek
15)Groovy64
16)JMW326

TENNANT

tennantcollage_zps65cd9480.jpg

1)malo
2)ShadowX81 (PREFERS SMILING)
3)Scifi67 (mohawk/raised eyebrow, borderline suicidal.)
4)Groovy
5)TheEnemy (mohawk)
6)SlytherinPride (sad, preferably first season)
7)bigbrocha
8)raul anubis
9)drdandalek
10)darthkostis (smiling and angry)
11)Dubby
12)Texlander (prefers #3)
13)juanca33
14)JMW326 (serious)
15)gpulley

ECCLESTON

Ecclestoncollage_zps9fede702.jpg

1)DarklyDreaming
2)ShadowX81
3)the enemy
4)Doctordandalek
5)bigbrocha
6)Texlander?
7)juanca33
8)Gruff Old Bear

With Big Chiefs wonderful Tenth Doctor figure now announced for third quarter, we thought now would be a great time for us to see if we can get enough interest in a Rose head sculpt going to be timed with his release. We are starting this list early on to give us plenty of time to get her ready. Obviously, her head sculpt would be good to service both Doctors 9 and 10.

We basically have two choices for her 1)with sculpted hair, which would cost $65 or 2) Bald and then we can have wigs specifically made for her, which is $60 for the head and $70 for a wig. The plus there you can choose between different possible hair styles for Rose then.

If we were going to sculpt her hair, we would want the style to be able to service her looks from both seasons she was in, and her time with both Doctors 9 and 10, so it would be this hair style from Eccleston's "The Long Game", which also looks very similar to her Tennant style in "Fear Her".

normal_The_Long_Game_234.jpg

If we made her bald, we could do multiple styles for wigs since our wig maker makes them on a case by case basis anyways.:

rosetyler-tardis-496.jpg

billie-piper-and-doctor-who-gallery.jpg

ROSE INTEREST LIST
1)GRUFF OLD BEAR (SCULPTED)
2)Scifi67 (SCULPTED)
3)Floppy Hat Jon (SCULPTED)
4)Jiminydog (SCULPTED)
5)DarklyDreaming (SCULPTED)
6)SlytherinPride
7)TheEnemy
8)Doctordandalek (sculpted)
9)Texlander (sculpted)

WAR DOCTOR
Tekkaman Blade
Texlander

EIGHTH DOCTOR (MCGANN)
Tekkaman Blade (either)
Texlander (NIGHT VERSION)

RIVER

1)SlytherinPride

IDRIS
1)SlytherinPride
2)TheEnemy

I'd be okay with a smiling Ten as long as it wasn't a HUGE, toothy grin. Dunno why, but I've never been a fan of teeth showing on these figures.

David%20Tennant%20National%20Television%20Awards.jpg

I don't know if anyone else is interested in a young(ish) Tennant, but as I stated somewhere earlier in this thread, my dream figure would be a Ten and Rose from their first season together. And he did look a little younger when he first started out.

Last edited:

Yes, but the model of just offering to make the heads for the customizers still doesn't get us even 16 people signed up for him. For our original 1:6 Who things to really be successful (not talking replacement heads for BC figures) we ultimately need to be selling out past the smaller "customizers" pool and eventually be hitting people who collect BC 1:6 Who who aren't customers in the main stream, and they'll need completed figures.

Like I said, it's a goal to work towards. :)

I wouldn't mind a complete figure, but for me it would have to be at a price that is comparable, or even better below, something like BC. I get the impression that may not be possible, so that might be where it hurts and why it may get limited to customizers.

I'd prefer getting a full figure, but if it's $300-$500 I'd just get a head and do the rest myself. That just my opinion though.

I wouldn't mind a complete figure, but for me it would have to be at a price that is comparable, or even better below, something like BC. I get the impression that may not be possible, so that might be where it hurts and why it may get limited to customizers.

I'd prefer getting a full figure, but if it's $300-$500 I'd just get a head and do the rest myself. That just my opinion though.

I feel ya. And thats the hard part about offering fully complete figures.
If a head is $60, the paint job is $50 plus depending on the painter we get, and if it comes with a body that can be $20-$80, it adds up fast and that's not even touching the costume/clothes.

At least for the customizing crowd, we could sell you the essential parts cheaper like just the unpainted head and costume alone, because as long as a costume's sold that still helps our numbers in reaching the quota to get the costume made, and that saves you money not needing to buy a completed figure.

We appreciate the cost needs to be kept to a sane level to reach the non-customising crowd for a fully complete figure. Like you said, it just may not be possible.

I really don't know the price on a particular costume till I put it in for a quote. In researching for other WGP projects, I know a suited character will cost about $180 (think Tennant in a blue suit as an example, not that I would want to waste a new costume spot on that since it is probably coming). Based on that I'd guess the TV Movie 8th Doctor costume might be $250-is. The more layers and costume parts the more expensive it is, obviously.

Taking other routes, if we made the 9th Doctor in costume, I'm guessing that might be about $180-$200 for the costume, and we could probably sell extra jackets as well to cover the War Doctor customizers. We will always sell our heads loose, regardless, when we make them. If we hit 50 interested on the clothes.

I'd be okay with a smiling Ten as long as it wasn't a HUGE, toothy grin. Dunno why, but I've never been a fan of teeth showing on these figures.

David%20Tennant%20National%20Television%20Awards.jpg

I don't know if anyone else is interested in a young(ish) Tennant, but as I stated somewhere earlier in this thread, my dream figure would be a Ten and Rose from their first season together. And he did look a little younger when he first started out.

Rick this smirk is a happy medium I think this is better than the dull stare that's out there currently, teeth is very tricky he can turn wrong side of the track British real quick with the wrong sculpt making him look like an offensive character for British actors. let's avoid an international incident go for the smirk.

Smirk is best IMO this doesn't cause a potential PR problem down the road.

Back