Wgp- Nu-Doctor Who: Help us decide our Tennant head's expression!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the smirk one would be smashing to me because so many companies do serious looks and it can be a bit dull.

So true.

Sometimes they just end up looking really blank-faced rather than serious.

exactly like so many figures out there vacant features almost zombie.
It's as if the sculptor hates sculpting the figure you know so much so that the figure looks dead and lifeless when it's completed.

yes I do believe a smirk will liven tennant up nicely

I'm sure the sculptors at WGP can handle sculpting a serious expression with no problem, so that's a non issue to me.

Tennant was a very intense/tortured soul type Doctor, very lone wolf kind of a guy. If we are only getting one expression from WGP I think it should reflect the over all feeling/mood of Tennant's entire run as the Doctor; intense/tortured soul. How many times did we hear "Last of my kind, last of the Time Lords" he was constantly struggling with what he had done to end the Time War, he wiped out this own race and family to save the Universe. That's how I remember him and that's what I want my figure to reflect.

tennant's Dr was kinda schizophrenic he would show sadness, pensive thought then sheer joy and anger. he showed serious and smirked alot when he would face an enemy which use to scare them.

Frankly I'm not crazy fussy about the expression, although I am partial to the slight smirk. I'm just eager to have another head made that I can use in place of Big Chief's.

Fingers still crossed for 11, Rose, and Amy (I heard someone else might be doing an Amy...)?

As for hair, I do like the fohawk, but I was just rewatching The Runaway Bride, Donna's first episode, and I kind of like the slightly toned down hair he had in it.

Last edited:
Still waiting for the expression ???? Can it be like the big chief figure ?? Or be a head with the glasses or the 3d glasses

10th-Doctor-50th-Anni-17.jpg

Last edited:
Still waiting for the expression ????

Nope. But to explain this a bit, because things constantly evolve, WGP has 4 artists now. This has helped us start getting caught up on our lists
because before it was just my partner, our lead sculptor Sean, mostly sculpting everything.

Unnfortunately just because we plan to make a head doesn't mean we can just assign it and it and bam gets done. We have to pay our artists to do it out of our own pockets up front and then get paid back on that through profits and we have a lot of projects going on.

I've mentioned already Tennant will happen after our Tom Baker head which is being sculpted now, (then planned for Rose and Capt. Jack to make his era). He's next up, but first we need to get some return to fund the commission.

Tennant may be a month or so away yet to be assigned.

WGP won't be making glasses accessories that already come with the Big Chief figure. That would be a waste of money for something that was mass produced, having over 1,000 of them made. We'd rather put that money towards making new character heads.

There may be enough requests to do more than one Tennant head down the line, but we wouldn't want our first one to look like a nicer copy of theirs. It's probably better to offer something wholly original. :)

But speaking of Tennant, man I hope those Weeping Angels from Big Chief finally come out!

Last edited:
Thanks just so you know I didn't mean to disrespect. I was not refering to copy the Big Chief head i was trying to say to use that same expresion. I look forward on seeing this head get made. if the head gets made will you guys do the sonic screwdriver ?

Changing the subject, for those who are getting the tennant head, any ideas on the clothes??

Thanks just so you know I didn't mean to disrespect. I was not refering to copy the Big Chief head i was trying to say to use that same expresion. I look forward on seeing this head get made. if the head gets made will you guys do the sonic screwdriver ?

Changing the subject, for those who are getting the tennant head, any ideas on the clothes??

I didn't take it that way. No worries. :)

Well, since there are 1,000 Big Chief Tennants out there now (which won't be parted out in online stores because they were not sold mass market but only direct through BC themselves),1,000 people now own them and the old Character options 12" figures they owned may start showing up on E-bay or in sales threads since those owners may not want them anymore. I don't know that for a fact, just a thought, and you can possibly get costumes from that, and they also came with sonics.

WGP could make sonics, but since both the 1:6 BC and CO figs came with them, there would need to be a significant expressed need for us to do that.

We have a about 10 new characters from other licenses at the caster being finished and our money is tied up in their printing. As soon as these are released and for sale and we make some money back, we can begin commissioning our artists to make out next wave of characters.

Back