Vampire Diaries

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So y'all been enjoying yet another ****ing hiatus? I think I heard it was only going to be 1 week so it should be back tomorrow or friday or whatever day its on but still - how any TV show survives in the US is beyond me with the way they get broadcast. ****ing joke.

I started watching this show a couple weeks ago on a suggestion from a friend. Since then, ive gotten through the first season and im well into the second.

All througout, one aspect of the show has really stood out to me. Specifically, that this show has some really bizarre ideas about the morality of murder and worth of human life.

It amazes me how Damon (and to a lesser extent Caroline) goes around murdering dozens of innocent people without remorse, and yet the rest of the characters are willing to completly overlook this and see them as friends due to an occasional basic display of manners.

So y'all been enjoying yet another ****ing hiatus? I think I heard it was only going to be 1 week so it should be back tomorrow or friday or whatever day its on but still - how any TV show survives in the US is beyond me with the way they get broadcast. ****ing joke.

:slap:slap:slap

Sure enough it was just the one week. Turned out the latest ep was a bit of an anticlimax though.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I started watching this show a couple weeks ago on a suggestion from a friend. Since then, ive gotten through the first season and im well into the second.

All througout, one aspect of the show has really stood out to me. Specifically, that this show has some really bizarre ideas about the morality of murder and worth of human life.

It amazes me how Damon (and to a lesser extent Caroline) goes around murdering dozens of innocent people without remorse, and yet the rest of the characters are willing to completly overlook this and see them as friends due to an occasional basic display of manners.

I know, it makes no sense whatsoever, and that doesn't really change in season 3. Innocent bystanders killed left right and centre and people just get on with things like nothing happened. Another thing that gets a bit ridiculous is the way virtually every character in the show gets 'killed' at some point, and yet continues to live through some supernatural resolution. I just kinda got used to it and can still enjoy the show for all its twists and turns.

I know, it makes no sense whatsoever, and that doesn't really change in season 3. Innocent bystanders killed left right and centre and people just get on with things like nothing happened. Another thing that gets a bit ridiculous is the way virtually every character in the show gets 'killed' at some point, and yet continues to live through some supernatural resolution. I just kinda got used to it and can still enjoy the show for all its twists and turns.

Its not really the fact that people die that I find wierd (people dying by the dozens in a small town without suspicion is a trend that goes back to Buffy). What I find strange is that two of the main characters are essentially serial killers and everyone else seems fine with it. Damon deserved to be staked from the first episode, but instead no one (even the main characters he attempted to kill like Jeremy and Alaric) displays anything but a mild annoyance towards he fact that he murders innocent people.

That was a better episode than the last. The next stage of the Originals story might be interesting afterall. I was worried after the previous episode that it was just going to fade out into nothing.

Are you ****ing kidding me!

Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
but the ring...

Spoiler Spoiler:

he's got the ring :dunno

Thats not really the point. Its just getting a bit ridiculous how much they are using the ring. Its making a mockery of the whole dramatic device of killing a character off. In little over half the season how many times has there been already for that character alone - this is at least the 3rd time. How many times in the 2 seasons before?

Spoiler Spoiler:

I wish they would just kill him off for good.

..But then witches would bring him back or somthing. But hey, they could always kill him off again. But then dead witches would bring him back or somthing.
But they could always kill him off again. But then, we would most likely learn that he was a vampire this whole time, so he wasn't permanently dead. But hey, they could just steak him in the heart. But of course we would learn that he's one of the originals and can't be killed the normal way. But hey, they could bring back some of those oak trees or whatever and steak him. But then, it would turn out that he's god or somthing...

Why doesn't anyone in this show ____ing stay dead. :lol

This came back again. Bit of a meh episode really by the standards of this season IMO. Though at least all this killing of poor Rick isn't going without acknowledgment in the show and is actually being written to have certain consequence by the looks of it.

Not a bad episode there. Not back to the heights of earlier in the season but decent. I swear though, one more ****ing hiatus....its beyond a joke..

Not a bad episode there. Not back to the heights of earlier in the season but decent. I swear though, one more ****ing hiatus....its beyond a joke..

I still haven't watched the episodes after this season's break. got em on the DVR...might as well wait til they show the last episode this year

I still haven't watched the episodes after this season's break. got em on the DVR...might as well wait til they show the last episode this year

Wait which break...the first? Second? Third? Fourth? fifth? sixth? seventh? Eighth?

:lol

I think we're done with the breaks until the finale now...but aren't there only two episodes left? :lol

I bet a million dollars that the season cliffhanger is going to be Elena and Damon sleeping together...

Last edited:
:lol

I think we're done with the breaks until the finally now...but aren't there only two episodes left? :lol

Guess I'll just never get used to American TV scheduling. There was something to be said for the scheduling in the UK and Ireland - they wouldn't show anything until all episodes were ready to be aired successively week after week. It would be a very rare thing if anything interrupted it. Now, I don't follow anything on TV over here anymore so it could have changed but back in the day.....

I bet a million dollars that the season cliffhanger is going to be Elena and Damon sleeping together...

Seems inevitable at this point. I'm a Delena-shipper myself so I won't mind!

Last edited:
Back