Vampire Diaries

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So........been awhile.

To be honest Vampire Diaries has been going downhill, this season (7) hasn't been particularly interesting. I'm bumping this to see who's watching The Originals. I just can't bring myself to start a thread for it because I'm sure it'd quickly find itself on page 36 of the movie/Tv show section.

I think season 3 of Originals has been pretty good. Just caught episode 20 and it was probably one of the very best. Characters are evolving, some have apparently been properly killed off and there was some really great stuff in between.

*prepares for crickets*

I am a hard core lover of all things vamp, but VD jumped the shark (or, er, outlived its appeal) a couple of seasons ago, now. At least
that's my opinion. You could kind of tell when the writers were struggling to come up with new and interesting material, and the
gazillion dopplegangers just got wayyyyy out of hand.

Haven't watched the Originals, and it's likely because it's all I can do to make myself finish out VD. I'm loyal to it, but I'm not loving it the way I used to.
I used to HAVE to be in front of the boob tube when it airs. Now I can wait a few days and just catch it OnDemand and not feel the worse for it.

Read recently that next year's season will be the last for VD, as Ian Somerhalder (Damon) and apparently Kat Graham (Bonnie) intend to leave the show. Makes complete and total sense to end it and not try to infuse new life into a floundering show with new uninteresting characters that NOBODY's invested in. I just hope they have the foresight to make a nice, neat, enjoyable ending for it. It'd be nice to get Nina Dobrev back for a literal 2 second cameo, watching her wake up and stare into Damon's eyes and smile as the screen goes black.

The biggest problem with Vampire Diaries is that it hasn't had a compelling long-term villain since Klaus and his siblings or that twist where Rick was turned into the super-vampire-hunter. Kai was OK I suppose but he wasn't exactly a season-long nemesis, more like a last-minute ''oh he's our bad guy now'' thing. To be fair he was pretty vicious in the end. But the show tries to pull so many twists and turns that very little stands out anymore. Seems like every character on the show has been a villain at some point in this season alone. Now it's Bonnie's turn.

Back