UFSA Veteran T-shirt Project 2011 - THE ORDER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoboDad

Super Freak
Reaction score
After a hard-fought battle in the polls, we have a winner in the UFSA 2011 t-shirt design contest! In a dramatic late surge in the voting, Veil1's design won by a vote of 19-12, with 3 members voting for the "two option" choice.

Here is Veil1's winning design:

ufsa_entry_2.jpg

Details of the final design for the UFSA 2011 T-shirt project

The basic shirt will be black, and will feature Veil1's design on the front, and a modified version of the UFSA logo on the back, including the year.

Shirt front:

shirt_front_test_1.jpg

Shirt back:

shirt_back_test_1.jpg

As with last year's project, we wil be using www.specialforces.com as the vendor for the order.

The vendor offers both men's and women's cut t-shirts. The base price for men's shirts is $16.95, and for the women's shirt it is $15.95. Both can contribute to a bulk order discount if we order 20 or more shirts. Here are the available sizes:

Men's
Regular sizes: S, M, L, XL, 2XL*, 3XL*, 4XL*
Tall sizes: XL, 2XL**, 3XL**

Women's
S, M, L, XL, 2XL*, 3XL*

* - $1.50 surcharge per shirt
** - $2.50 surcharge per shirt

Additionally, there will be a setup fee of $5 that will be shared among all orders, as will the final shipping cost from the vendor to me. Each shirt will be shipped from me to its owner using padded envelopes (some larger sizes may not fit in the envelopes, which may require an additional shipping cost).

SPECIAL OFFER

Although our primary focus for the project is t-shirts, the vendor I use has significantly expanded their custom apparel offering this year, including sweatshirts, hoodies, tank tops, sleeveless shirts, and several other items. From the information on the web site, it looks like we can order any mix of "shirt-style" items, and still only incur one setup fee and also apply the group discount (assuming we order enough items).

So, Please take a minute to go to www.specialforces.com, and click on the "Design a Custom Product!" link, and see if there is something that appeals to you, before responding to this thread.

We do need to move fairly quickly to make sure we get the shirts out in time, so please respond to this thread with your preference of shirt style, quantity, and size BEFORE THE END OF SATURDAY, October 1st, so I can determine the actual cost. At that point I will update this post with final details so we can collect the funds and get the order in.

Order List:

Mens short sleeved shirt

RoboDad: L PAID
Veil1 (our contest winner who gets a FREE shirt!): L PAID
thenammagazine: 2XL-Tall PAID
Something Sexy: L PAID
Shropt: L PAID
Blade3327: M
lcummins: 2XL PAID
Avfin: XL PAID
Avenger: 2XL PAID
roguebaron: XL PAID
Darth Snoopy: 2XL PAID
The Ween: XL PAID
The Monster: 2XL PAID
gibby: XL PAID
The Josh: XL blue PAID
onethousandmasks: XL PAID

Mens long sleeved shirt

namnori47: 2XL PAID
superdoug: M PAID

Womens short sleeved shirt

RoboDad: S PAID
BuffyGirl: S PAID

Womens long sleeved shirt

Serenityslr: L PAID
GrueSam: L PAID

Itemized total cost

Here are the final itemized totals for the shirts. I will also send PMs to everyone with their specific total, and my Paypal info. I also decided (in the spirit of Spooktacular brother/sisterhood ;)) to spread the setup cost equally among all perticipants, even though the vendor charges extra for setup of women's shirts :mad:. I hope everyone is OK with that :D :monkey3.

Mens short sleeved

Shirt: $16.95 - * See note
Setup fee $0.95
Shipping from vendor: $2.50
Shipping from me: $3.65

Total: $24.05 (Add $1.50 surcharge as noted for 2XL, and $2.50 for 2XL Tall)

Womens short sleeved

Shirt: $15.95
Setup fee $0.95
Shipping from me $3.65

Total: $23.05

Womens long sleeved

Shirt: $19.95
Setup fee $0.95
Shipping from me $3.65

Total: $27.05

All shirts will be shipped from me via USPS first class mail in a padded envelope. If there are exceptions to this, I will let the affected individuals know once I receive the shirts.

Note that all shipping estimates are for US addresses only. If you are outside the US, I will let you know what the additional shipping cost are, once I receive your shipping address.

I want to get the shirts ordered as quickly as possible, and I apologize for taking to long to get the itemized details nailed down, but we can do this! So watch your PMs!

Last edited:
How soon are you looking at shipping? or better yet, when are you looking at ordering? I'd like to get it in fast if I can to try and get it here before spook this year, I still haven't had a spook day to wear mine from last year.

Looking at the calendar, I think we will need to get the order place no later than October 6th to be able to ensure that everyone gets their shirt in time for Spooktacular. Setting the reply deadline in this thread on Saturday should give us enough time to work out the rest of the details.

Tall 2XL please. :wave

Though, honestly, I'd rather have the designs reversed with the official logo small on the front middle and Veil's design large on the back (like Monster's shirt last year but on back)

Last edited:
Tall 2XL please. :wave

Though, honestly, I'd rather have the designs reversed with the official logo small on the front middle and Veil's design large on the back (like Monster's shirt last year but on back)
Hmmm...

I hadn't thought of that option. Does anyone else feel the same way?

And why didn't you say something earlier, you troublemaker? :tap

I actually thought that too, just didn't want to shake things up, especially since you were going through all this effort. :)

Why, I oughta revoke your free shirt*!

* But I won't, because I'm such a nice guy. :lol

Here's a thought...

Last year we had the logo small on the front, offset on the left side (where a pocket would be). We could do the same thing again, with Veil1's artwork on the back, the small logo on the front "pocket" (or even centered, if that would work better), and add the year underneath the logo, using the same style as the "Veteran" from Veil1's artwork. How would that sound to everyone?

Last edited:
Um... I usually wear jackets on top of my T-shirts all the time (Oregon), so I'd prefer the logo on the front. That's just me, though. :monkey3 :lol

Here's a thought...

Last year we had the logo small on the front, offset on the left side (where a pocket would be). We could do the same thing again, with Veil1's artwork on the back, the small logo on the front "pocket" (or even centered, if that would work better), and add the year underneath the logo, using the same style as the "Veteran" from Veil1's artwork. How would that sound to everyone?

I like the idea of it in the center better, that way when Blade wears a coat because he lives in oregon, people will see the smaller logo if he's unzipped :)naughty) and ask to see the back of the shirt. :wink1:

I like the idea of it in the center better, that way when Blade wears a coat because he lives in oregon, people will see the smaller logo if he's unzipped :)naughty) and ask to see the back of the shirt. :wink1:

I'm both flattered and deeply disturbed at your thoughtfulness. :lol

Um... I usually wear jackets on top of my T-shirts all the time (Oregon), so I'd prefer the logo on the front. That's just me, though. :monkey3 :lol

I prefer it on the front, so I can see the design when I wear it. I may not order if it's on the back. It's cool with whatever the majority rules. If it stays in the front, I'll take a Women's small...regular shirt I think. Just need to look through the link and make sure I wouldn't rather have anything else. But I doubt I will. So just put me down for 1 women's small.

:D

Very cool
Mens XL please
Also RoboDad can I get a Sig with the new Mort Plushie on it--I feel left out
OINK!!!

Back