Sideshow Freaks Celebration 6 Party Aug 25, 2012

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a SDCC party, but it's much different. I believe I might be the only Freak who regularly attends both parties. The SDCC party used to be very similar to the Celebration party (prizes and food etc) but on a bigger scale. However, Dave scaled all that back as people began crashing just for freebies (so lame). It also cost a crap-ton of money.

In the past couple years, Sideshow did a little sit down invite only event followed by an after party of drinks etc, and this year had a real low-key but fun event in a loft in the Gaslamp.

:lol:lol:lol
It was the George Lucas lookalike who stayed at our hotel. His name IS actually George, though.
Oh, WHEW! I was a bit upset for a moment. Two of my friends DID actually see George at CVI though. One is in a pic on the web (in the background) taking a picture of George. The other is in the Transmissions video for 8/25 actually shaking hands with George! Plus, he met George last month and got his autograph! What a lucky SOB. I've never even been within 10 feet of him, and he meets George TWICE in a month...

Work sucked today. I totally hate when I go on vacation and my pharmacy goes to hell since I'm not there. I was missing all you guys and wanted to be back in Orlando hanging out with everyone again.

Work sucked today. I totally hate when I go on vacation and my pharmacy goes to hell since I'm not there. I was missing all you guys and wanted to be back in Orlando hanging out with everyone again.

They start taking the meds instead of selling them? :lol

There is a SDCC party, but it's much different. I believe I might be the only Freak who regularly attends both parties. The SDCC party used to be very similar to the Celebration party (prizes and food etc) but on a bigger scale. However, Dave scaled all that back as people began crashing just for freebies (so lame). It also cost a crap-ton of money.

In the past couple years, Sideshow did a little sit down invite only event followed by an after party of drinks etc, and this year had a real low-key but fun event in a loft in the Gaslamp.

Yeah, the party at sdcc is a different animal I'd venture to guess. It's that way because you have so many freaks and the SS folks there to chat with. It's as was put about the CFP a family get together.

UTtoyfan gave away the best gift of the night. Love the Darth Bane and now I have Ackbar in stereo
Now when I need advice I'm going to the Ack

Back