UFC, etc.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lmfao,. and that sirs is the reason I would NEVER buy a ppv. I'll gladly stream it and not feel bad about doing so.

Rousey is the only UFC I'll watch though. Unless Silva starts kicking ass again that is. That last fight was horrible though with Silva.

At the weigh ins, she simply stated "watch this"
And what we watched was her getting submitted in 14 seconds. Is that what she was talkin about?

Ronda is the most popular fighter in the UFC right now. Even basketball shows talk about her.....how much $ did she make for her fight?

Did you see the Jon Jones/Anthony Johnson fake scuffle?
Friggn' funny as hell.
Almost gave Dana White a heart attack!

Dana is probably the one setting them up.

As for Rousey, there just isn't anyone on her level in the WD. She may have to go men, heh.

This was the PPV bonus rate for Couture (the only concrete evidence of this bonus for champs ever released TMK)

100,000 – 175,000 buys – $1 per buy
175,000 – 300,000 buys – $1.50 per buy
300,000 – 330,000 buys – $2 per buy
330,000 – plus buys – $3 per buy

So if she makes at least that, she'll make over a million, easy. UFC 184 didn't have a strong co-main event like UFC 170 (when Rousey fought McMann) and that event still did 340,000 in PPV buys i.e. Rousey made an additional $1,020,000 on top of her guaranteed/win/bonus/sponsor money. I've also heard that PPV bonus rate increased because apparently guys like Lesnar and GSP were making $5 per buy. But that's speculation, so who knows!?

It would be the 1st mixed martial arts fight of a man vs a woman,and the woman will win!
Actually this has happened in Brazil before so it wouldn't be the first per say. In the US of course, but I don't think the athletic commissions would allow it anyways because it would be just looked at as a spectacle and all the "man haters" would come out and say it promotes domestic abuse or something.

I get what you guys are saying, but to compare Ronda to the guys and say the guys are somewhat slacking because they don't finish doesn't even make sense. Women's MMA is light years behind mens MMA. Im not defending boring fights, but unlike the women the men don't usually windmill their punches with head down so it makes it a little more difficult to actually finish a fight a lot of the times. Trust me I love watching the women fight because they are exciting and yes a lot of times more exciting than the guys, but again that's because the level of fight in men's MMA is on another level and end up canceling each other out.

Personally with Ronda and Cat while it was a dominant display I wish they would do it again. I mean fights like that I consider the same as someone might as well
have gotten cut and stopped by the doctors. Cat ran across with a sloppy jumping knee and somewhat tossed Ronda - Ronda goes with it and some what gets her back and rolls into a sloppy arm bar. Even Ronda said something to the effect of whatever works regarding the arm bar, so yeah I wasn't impressed.

In regards to Cyborg, I don't know if guys seen her tweet regarding her weight after breakfast and she didn't feel like running. Attached was a pic of her feet and a scale in which the scale read - 175lbs. Seeing that Im surprised she makes 145 and makes me wonder if that really takes a toll on her, so Im not sure about her ever making 135.

Also i'll just make a funny comment in the sense of while at my local bar watching the fights on Saturday I couldn't help but laugh at all the MMA experts that were out and about that night. Even when Raquel fought Holly people were yelling and taking bets that Holly would win on the mere fact that Holly looked like Ronda...I was just looking at these people like sit the hell down casuals. Just shut up and watch.

*Edit* Listening to the Co-Main Event Podcast today they basically stated the same thing. Saying something to the effect of is she the best fighter ever, not even close to some of her male counter parts and equated women's MMA to early UFC when Royce was fighting a bunch of people that didn't know as much as him or her in Rondas case. The women have a long way to go before fights start to really get competitive.

Last edited:
she will never be considered the best fighter in the world and she shouldn't even be in the top 5 of a P4P list that includes men either, but she will go down as the biggest pioneer of WMMA. Sure, she could beat a guy in the same weight division, but not likely that guy would be in the top 10 of that division.

135 vs 145...come on, 10lbs difference is stopping a mega fight. I get that it may be physically impossible for Cyborg to make 135, so if Rhonda has any balls at all she takes the fight at 145. I think she is scared because she knows that's the one fighter that can beat her.

If Cyboy wants to run her /his mouth and continue to challenge Rousey,Rousey is the undisputed Champion.
If Cyboy wants the fight,drop the weight and make it happen.
You want to talk **** and then you want Rousey to bulk up to 145 to make it easier for you.
It only happens at 135,period!
Just my opinion......

Actually this has happened in Brazil before so it wouldn't be the first per say. In the US of course, but I don't think the athletic commissions would allow it anyways because it would be just looked at as a spectacle and all the "man haters" would come out and say it promotes domestic abuse or something.

I get what you guys are saying, but to compare Ronda to the guys and say the guys are somewhat slacking because they don't finish doesn't even make sense. Women's MMA is light years behind mens MMA. Im not defending boring fights, but unlike the women the men don't usually windmill their punches with head down so it makes it a little more difficult to actually finish a fight a lot of the times. Trust me I love watching the women fight because they are exciting and yes a lot of times more exciting than the guys, but again that's because the level of fight in men's MMA is on another level and end up canceling each other out.

Personally with Ronda and Cat while it was a dominant display I wish they would do it again. I mean fights like that I consider the same as someone might as well
have gotten cut and stopped by the doctors. Cat ran across with a sloppy jumping knee and somewhat tossed Ronda - Ronda goes with it and some what gets her back and rolls into a sloppy arm bar. Even Ronda said something to the effect of whatever works regarding the arm bar, so yeah I wasn't impressed.

In regards to Cyborg, I don't know if guys seen her tweet regarding her weight after breakfast and she didn't feel like running. Attached was a pic of her feet and a scale in which the scale read - 175lbs. Seeing that Im surprised she makes 145 and makes me wonder if that really takes a toll on her, so Im not sure about her ever making 135.

Also i'll just make a funny comment in the sense of while at my local bar watching the fights on Saturday I couldn't help but laugh at all the MMA experts that were out and about that night. Even when Raquel fought Holly people were yelling and taking bets that Holly would win on the mere fact that Holly looked like Ronda...I was just looking at these people like sit the hell down casuals. Just shut up and watch.

*Edit* Listening to the Co-Main Event Podcast today they basically stated the same thing. Saying something to the effect of is she the best fighter ever, not even close to some of her male counter parts and equated women's MMA to early UFC when Royce was fighting a bunch of people that didn't know as much as him or her in Rondas case. The women have a long way to go before fights start to really get competitive.

I never compared Ronda to a man or place her in the top anything including men.
She is # 1 in womens MMA.
I was referring to "in the USA" and honestly do not want to see her fight a man.
My comments were referring to Cyborg is a man,that is all.

135 vs 145...come on, 10lbs difference is stopping a mega fight.
It's not just 10 lbs though.. when Cyborg says she can't/is having A LOT of trouble making 135 lbs it's because like ArmoredFoe pointed out, she already cuts down from like 175 lbs. Which is crazy and on some Anthony Johnson type of ****. :lol

So to be more accurate, it's Cyborg unable to cut "40 lbs" to make 135. That's what's stopping that "mega-fight".

It's not just 10 lbs though.. when Cyborg says she can't/is having A LOT of trouble making 135 lbs it's because like ArmoredFoe pointed out, she already cuts down from like 175 lbs. Which is crazy and on some Anthony Johnson type of ****. :lol

So to be more accurate, it's Cyborg unable to cut "40 lbs" to make 135. That's what's stopping that "mega-fight".

That's my point....it may not be possible for her to make 135 but she can make 145. If Rousey thinks she is the baddest woman on the planet then she'd take the fight even at a catch weight..period. Don't make the fight for the belt if she can't make 135. I say she is chiken**** because she knows she will get beat down and kill the golden goose. It's kinda like GSP balking on fighting Anderson.

I never compared Ronda to a man or place her in the top anything including men.
She is # 1 in womens MMA.
I was referring to "in the USA" and honestly do not want to see her fight a man.
My comments were referring to Cyborg is a man,that is all.

No prob man, I wasn't calling you out, I was generalizing saying when people say shes better than the guys or can beat guys...the average joe sure she'd whip their ass, but any "good" fighter would crush her. I should have been more clear, again not calling anyone out ;)

As for Cyborg the other issue in my opinion is Dana doesn't like Cyborg so their is some personal animosity there as well. Once Dana doesn't like someone he'll make life hell for you.

No prob man, I wasn't calling you out, I was generalizing saying when people say shes better than the guys or can beat guys...the average joe sure she'd whip their ass, but any "good" fighter would crush her. I should have been more clear, again not calling anyone out ;)

As for Cyborg the other issue in my opinion is Dana doesn't like Cyborg so their is some personal animosity there as well. Once Dana doesn't like someone he'll make life hell for you.

I didn't think that at all.
I should have stated that but I was in a hurry and hit the button before I was actually done.

That's my point....it may not be possible for her to make 135 but she can make 145. If Rousey thinks she is the baddest woman on the planet then she'd take the fight even at a catch weight..period. Don't make the fight for the belt if she can't make 135. I say she is chiken**** because she knows she will get beat down and kill the golden goose. It's kinda like GSP balking on fighting Anderson.

Rousey would not lose to Cyboy .
If Cyboy wants to throw out accusations and talk crap,she needs to either drop down to 135 or move on and never open her/his mouth again.
Can you say Adams Apple? :toilet_cl

Back