UFC, etc.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't think any of the champion caliber fighters could even think about a part time job or career.
Too much time is put into training,eating right and all it entails to not dedicate all your time to the sport.
Just my opinion...

Champions/top level fighters make decent money so they don't need a side gig. But mid-tier/low level fighters DO need extra bread so a lot of them work on the side. I remember Sean Sherk actually quitting MMA for a minute because he said he was making more money with his roofing business. :lol

Off hand, I know the black chick with the crazy fo-hawk from TUF (is her name Angela Davis!?) is working part-time as a security guard right now. Joe Lauzon had/still has a full-time job working with computers. Chris Lytle was a fireman throughout his entire UFC career. There's actually a few.

I agree UFC does not pay enough for a good living unless you are a top notch draw.
Probably why the others never made it to that level although might have.

there was a guy a few years ago who was a TUF finalist, he was a nurse. Safe bet is he went back to making that cheese.

There was another fighter (can't remember his name!?) he put himself through law school with dat UFC pay and once he passed the bar he bounced! :lol

eh, so what's going on? is it MMA or UFC now? its the same octogon fighting created by the White fella right?

UFC is probably the company name and MMA is a fighting style as in Mixed Martial Art right?

eh, so what's going on? is it MMA or UFC now? its the same octogon fighting created by the White fella right?

UFC is probably the company name and MMA is a fighting style as in Mixed Martial Art right?

Your got it, MMA is the overall sport, while UFC is an organization within that overall sport.

Anyone watch the fights last night...wasnt particularly anything to get crazy over. I really thought Thatch was going to take Henderson...good thing I dont bet, lol.

never heard of Thatch and didn't see the fight, but I just saw the highlights. I didn't realize this was a 170lb fight. For the first time, Bendo looked small. I'm not sure that's going to be a good division for him. Seriously though, how the hell can they let him fight with a toothpick in his mouth? That will get you arrested on a airplane.

yeah i was surprised Henderson won...just because of the size and strength difference.

FOX UFC Fight Night: Henderson vs. Thatch Live Blog | FOX Sports

Same here, I had Thatch winning that fight and really thought he was going to take it. I mean Thatch pretty much has KO'ed all of his opponents as of late, but fighting Benson just showed how hes got a lot to learn still. Most of that card overall though was a snooze fest pretty much.

wtf with these athlete using drugs. one would assume big juice heads are probably juiced but lance Armstrong and UFC too?

Anderson Silva fails second drug test administered at UFC 183

I think he actually failed 3 tests total, but a lot of guys are juicing. I mean I gave him the benefit of the doubt because of his severe injury, but at the same time the rules are the rules. Ehhh...moving on. UFC was supposed to have a big press conference today actually talking about the new testing and how they will go about dealing with people who juice. We'll see what happens.

Yeah the UFC is trying to bring down the hammer starting in July.

Highlights:

Fertitta clearly stated that his goal is for athletic commissions regulating UFC events to conduct enhanced pre-fight tests for all main events and championship fights, as well as fight night tests for every single athlete on every single card the company promotes. He also stated that his company will institute an out-of-competition testing program to be administered by an independent agency that will randomly test all 585 athletes on their roster. His goal for getting all of this up and running is July 1.

Both Fertitta and Dana White stated that they will advocate stiffer penalties for fighters who test positive. Their hope is that athletic commissions will adopt the World Anti-Doping Agency standard two-year ban for a first time offense. There is an ongoing debate that would raise that to a four-year ban, and the UFC brass said they would be fine with that as well because they don’t believe the current suspensions have been enough of a deterrent.

“Two to four years is career-threatening,” said White.

So basically enhanced testing and 2-4 year bans for positive test results.

Sounds good. Might as well go for a 4 yr band on first offense and permaband on second offense. I know I wouldn't risk anything for a 4 year ban, two years is bad, but 4 years will have guys changing careers if they get busted once.

Back