UFC, etc.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hasn't had a fight in over 2 years. I can't remember any other reigning champ who was unranked (because of inactivity) other than Cruz. :lol

The real joke was Dana allowing Cruz to hold up the 135 division for over 2 years :cuckoo:

PS: Expect Faber to lose by a one sided beating

If Faber doesn't win the belt they should never allow him another title shot. How many times has he fought for a belt already? He is the Frank Mir of the lower weight classes.

If Faber doesn't win the belt they should never allow him another title shot. How many times has he fought for a belt already? He is the Frank Mir of the lower weight classes.

No denying that, but he at least seems like a decent dude, and in some ways he's earned some of those shots. Not all, but some.....

When Faber lost the WEC FW title to Brown he beat Pulver to get a rematch. Pulver was 1-2 at that point in the FW division. Faber was the former champ just 1 fight removed, so he was ranked #2.

He lost by Unanimous Decision.

Then he fought Assuncao (who was ranked #5) to get another title shot vs. Aldo. Faber was #3 behind Aldo and Brown.

Then he dropped down to BW and fought Mizugaki (#6) and Wineland (unranked making his UFC debut) to get a title shot against Cruz. He was ranked #3 in the BW division and he was the only person to ever beat Cruz at that point, by submission.

Then he beat Bowles (#4) for the interim title shot vs. Barao after Cruz got injured. Still ranked #3 as well.

Then he rattled off 4 straight wins which includes his latest, a sub win over McDonald (#3). Faber is currently ranked #2 at BW and set to fight Barao (who's now the official UFC BW Champion after Cruz got hurt and vacated the title).

So it depends on how you look at it. He's maintained his top 5 rank by winning and he continues to beat other ranked guys. So iunno.. he just can't seem to win a title anymore. :lol

After he lost the title in WEC days, they just handed him title shots cause he was basically the face of their org. I would say he's earned his last 2 for sure. We can't deny he has gotten better since his loss to Barao. Will that make a difference? We'll find out, but it's not like Barao completely picked him apart like Aldo. Cruz barely got the decision imo when they fought the second time too. I wouldn't say he is comparable to Mir yet. Faber is still improving while Mir is declining.

Hasn't had a fight in over 2 years. I can't remember any other reigning champ who was unranked (because of inactivity) other than Cruz. :lol

It bothers me that they have kept him as the champ this long without attempting to give anybody else the chance. At least when GSP got injured they attempted to fix by having the "interim" champ (even though nothing useful came out of it).

Watched the fights last night with a couple buddies, I thought Josh won they both had Bendo winning. None of us could find a way to score it 4-1 for Bendo though. Would like to see Bendo and Cowboy fight again or one of them versus that Russian dude(name slips my mind).

Yeah they were some decent fights. I'll agree Sergio Pettis is good man. His timing and striking is impressive for how young he is. With more matches and some experience under his belt he'll be a force for sure.

As for Josh and Benson, I was telling my wife as we were watching it that I thought Josh was winning. Even when they were reading the decision I kept thinking
their going to give it to Josh, but Benson got it. I mean I wont argue it because whatever but I wouldn't have argued if they gave it to Josh either.

Looking forward to this weekends fights.

I dislike Benson but I gave most of the round to him. I say Josh got round 1. Josh could have done so much better.

Back