UFC, etc.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When is the UFC going to give us Anderson Silva vs GSP or at least Silva vs Jones? I can see why Mayweather and Pacman will probably never be made but why cant D. White match his two stars.

lol at how ppl bash askren for being a blanket but then say gsp is a great mix martial artist when he does the same thing. gsp hasn't had a finish since ufc 94. lol what kind of champion is that.

dont like rashad but im pulling for him in this match up.

Same here. Jones is one talented fighter and i respect his skills as a fighter but he is one cocky sob. He needs to be humbled.

I don't think Rashad will pull off a win this Saturday but I'll be rooting for him.

I think it's funnier how cocky Evans is actually. What did he do besides get injured and beat scrubs like Tito the past couple of years? :lol

Exactly. Jones defeated 4 Top 10 LHW's (including the undisputed #1 LHW in the world aka Shogun) in a single year ALL by stoppage (3 Subs + 1 TKO) en route to winning the title and successfully defending it twice (which hadn't happen since Liddell held the strap).

If he's cocky that's because he has a reason to be.

Rashad won the title and then ended up like this in his first title defense:

rashadevanspunchfacet.jpg

:lol:lol:lol

Last edited:
Jones has technically never been beaten and Machida is the only guy to ever land any descent shot on him, there's a thin line between confidence and cocky. I don't know what Pandaclaws has been reading, but I don't see what makes Jones so "cocky", while Rashad has always talked out of his ass. I'm not saying Rashad has no chance at a upset cause in a mma fight, everyone has a "chance", but I don't see Rashad winning unless he can get the KO.

lol at how ppl bash askren for being a blanket but then say gsp is a great mix martial artist when he does the same thing. gsp hasn't had a finish since ufc 94. lol what kind of champion is that.

I dont like either. I will admit on the heirarchy of boring fighters, id say I prefer GSP over Ben.

I will clarify as well that I think Jon is going to win for sure, I just think it would be cool if Rashad pulled off the upset.

Both are boring to watch. However gsp is fighting much higher level competition the Askren.

Both are boring to watch. However gsp is fighting much higher level competition the Askren.

I wouldnt be surprised with GSP's injury, if it isnt actually a rest period for him to put some weight on. I'm only speculating mind you but I can see him and Tristar attempting a trick like that.

He still has to fight Condit, before he goes dreaming about Middleweights.

Of course he does. He wont beat him though. I say that as die hard GSP fan too. Think Condit's striking is too crisp and too powerful. Leaps and bounds beyond GSP's jab.

I don't think gsp will ever fight at MW. A fresh crop of contenders have come up in his absence and it will be awhile till the fresh faces are cleared out(if they can be). I do see Jones jumping weight class in a ear or sooner. Only super fights I could see happening anytime soon are Jones/Silva or Jones/JDS. For the record I think Jones would win both those and probably do it easily.

Of course he does. He wont beat him though. I say that as die hard GSP fan too. Think Condit's striking is too crisp and too powerful. Leaps and bounds beyond GSP's jab.

While I agree with you, gsp will dry hump the heck outta Condit. :(

Jones has technically never been beaten and Machida is the only guy to ever land any descent shot on him, there's a thin line between confidence and cocky. I don't know what Pandaclaws has been reading, but I don't see what makes Jones so "cocky", while Rashad has always talked out of his ass. I'm not saying Rashad has no chance at a upset cause in a mma fight, everyone has a "chance", but I don't see Rashad winning unless he can get the KO.

I have no doubt in my mind that Jones will win this Saturday. I also believe Jones will be the champ for a very long time. He just annoys me in his interviews. That shouldn't matter to me though, as long as he's whooping on everyone is what matters. Saturday night can't come soon enough.

Jones is scum. I can't believe the arrogance in that kid. He thinks he is the Muhammad Ali of today? I laughed when I read that. He is barely recognized in the mainstream media. He won a few fights and he thinks he is the next huge superstar? I won't forget how greg jackson told him to check up on machida to "get some fans". Him and Jackson are garbage and even though rashad may seem cocky, rashad has my respect and i will be rooting for him.

Jones is scum. I can't believe the arrogance in that kid. He thinks he is the Muhammad Ali of today? I laughed when I read that. He is barely recognized in the mainstream media. He won a few fights and he thinks he is the next huge superstar? I won't forget how greg jackson told him to check up on machida to "get some fans". Him and Jackson are garbage and even though rashad may seem cocky, rashad has my respect and i will be rooting for him.

Jones is scum, but pothead Diaz is great in your book? :cuckoo: :lol

While I hope your right cause Id like to see GSP lose so he can step his game up and stop laying on everyone. Plus Im a Condit fan

While I agree with you, gsp will dry hump the heck outta Condit. :(

Thats what scares me, him nullifying Carlos' game with sleep tactics and getting the boring decision win. I dont mind a decision win if its exciting, but when it turns out to be one of those long drawn out fights with minimal action I tend to lose interest, and thats coming from someone who really appreciates a really good tactical ground battle.

condit is pretty active on the ground. not worried about that at all.

condit is pretty active on the ground. not worried about that at all.

Thats true, but that doesnt mean GSP will try and nullify it. Thats why Im hoping though if it does end up on the ground, Condit will be able to stand back up or wall walk if he gets caught on the fence.

GSP will murk Condit on the feet AND on the ground. He's beaten better grapplers (BJJ and wrestlers) and better strikers before.

As far as Evans and JJ: Expect another classic Rashad KO face. :lol

Back