UFC, etc.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That elbow he landed in the second was crazy. Definitely thought Jones was going to finish after that.

I dont necessarily think it was dominate or it wouldnt have went to the 5th and to decision. Jon is good and we all know it, but I thought Rashad looked really impressive. Jon did what he does best, keep people away and if he comes in, destroys you with elbows. Still I wouldnt say it was dominate. Rashad held his own.

Decisions can be dominant. It wasn't a slaughter by any means, but Jones completely shut Rashad down. That's what impresses me about Jones the most: He makes guys just straight look bad. By round 3 Rashad wasn't even fighting anymore, he was basically just focused on his defense and not getting hit.

Anderson would kill this guy. Sure spin it any way you like guys, but you know deep down, Anderson would expose all his holes and dig in.
Fire away.

Anderson would kill this guy. Sure spin it any way you like guys, but you know deep down, Anderson would expose all his holes and dig in.
Fire away.

:lol:lol:lol

Jones would put Silva on his backand rain elbows till it was stopped. It would be a massacre!

Dana White announced at the post fight presser that Jones is fighting Hendo next.

Also, speaking of the UFC/Bellator: Hector Lombard is a free agent now, and has officially received an offer from the UFC. Bellator has a certain time limit to either match the offer (if they match it, Lombard HAS to re-sign with them) or decline it (which would give Lombard the opportunity to leave and go to the UFC). The dude who owns/runs Bellator said they're going over the contract now and will try to come to a decision as fast as possible out of respect for Lombard.

I got it 50-45 Jones. Damn.. Jones is making the Top LHW's look like amateurs. It's crazy.

:woo

had it the same way, Rashad didn't do anything, he only landed 2 good shots the whole fight.

Fire away.

I'd like to know how Silva is going to expose Jones :lol. Silva has a much greater weakness........wrestling.

Decisions can be dominant. It wasn't a slaughter by any means, but Jones completely shut Rashad down. That's what impresses me about Jones the most: He makes guys just straight look bad. By round 3 Rashad wasn't even fighting anymore, he was basically just focused on his defense and not getting hit.

True I'll agree with that. I think by rnd 3 Rashads arms looked heavy and he couldnt find his range anymore. I just looked at it like how he destroyed his last opponents and well Rashad took him to the judges, but your right that was from a defensive stand point more or less.

As for Dan fighting Jon...not interested at all. Dan couldnt stop Anderson and he definetly wont come close to stopping Jon. I think its just one of things
where because of Dans name they have to give him a title shot rather than start him back in the mix. Once Dan gets destroyed they'll wonder what to do next with Jon if at that time they start to think super fight. Now you wanna talk about domination Dan will get dominated by Jon.

!

Just watched the Jones/Evans spar- well, spar for Jones. He just seemed to toy with Evans that entire fight!

Jones is THE most well-rounded MMA fighter on the planet! You figure, this kid has been doing it less than 5 years, and he's made some of the top rated fighters in the world look like over-glorified training partners!

Love his haters saying he's self-centered, and egotistical, to attempt to take away from his talent. I think this kid is all around humble and just a great representative for MMA.

Silva would NEVER take a Super-Fight against Jones! He knows that Jones could match his stand-up, and that he's far superior in wrestling to even Cheat Sonnen, so he knows his legacy of "best pound-for-pound fighter on the planet" would be overwhelmingly destroyed!

Just love this kid, from both a talent stand point, and out-of-octagon demeanor. He's quickly become my favorite fighter, even though from a Steelers fan standpoint, his brother plays for my most hated team :lol

I had said a while back that I didn't think he was ready for a top-tier fighter, but boy was I wrong! This kid just makes it look easy!!! NEVER seen any other MMA fighter use a superior reach advantage to the likes of what he does! I'm just in utter awe after every one of his fights at his level of progression from the previous one.

The only thing I'd say is, take more of a break between fights. I know he has yet to be in any kind of trouble against even the best-of-the-best, but even the best need time to recuperate.

Hendo is getting the LHW Title shot after 1 fight for the same reason Diaz & Overeem were gonna get title shots: To unify the UFC/SF titles. That's it.

That fight doesn't interest me at all either. What would've interested me is if Bellator passed on Lombard, the UFC signed him and Hendo and Lombard fought at MW for the next crack at the MW champ (Silva or Sonnen).

Kinda crazy but the only other Top 10 LHW's for Jones to face are: #6 Phil Davis, #7 Lil Nog and #8 Gustafsson. And I honestly don't see any of those guys winning.

it kind of sucks that Dana prolly isn't going to let Jones fight at HW for a long time. The Silva fight ain't gonna happen, Silva already said it wouldn't a long time ago. If Jones loses to anyone in the current top 10 at LHW, I would contribute it to boredom, a guy as dominating as him needs new challenges and goals, I don't think anyone wants to see him beat anyone else at LHW anyways.

Yup.. just read it. Cain by Cormier-esqe beating. :lol

Wonder who Big Country is gonna fight now!? Maybe Overeem if he gets a license!?

Last edited:
Back