UFC, etc.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im not a fan but love his interviews. There are few MMA fighters I hate because they are just hyping themselves or a fight when they smack talk. That interview is abslutely amazing, Chael did get me thinking about how Pride really was behind closed doors.

Im not a fan but love his interviews. There are few MMA fighters I hate because they are just hyping themselves or a fight when they smack talk. That interview is abslutely amazing, Chael did get me thinking about how Pride really was behind closed doors.

I am a fan of Chael. Regardless of all the controversy lately, he is one of the few fighters out there willing to fight anyone.

chael sonnen said:
I ask Brazil for a fight, and Machida answers.I ask for a REAL fight, and a Marine steps up.I see you hiding Lyoto, and I won't forget this.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :rock

You still mad about GSP raping your boy Penn so bad that he quit? :lol

nah, I'm a grown up and know how to separate being a fan from real life. :)

But i find it interesting that to you cheating has different levels of acceptability. apparently Sonnen isn't deemed as 'acceptable' in your rule book but GSP is. :dunno

For someone who claims not to be a "fan" of any fighter...you are definitely one of the most biased people in this thread. :wave

Wait, just so we're clear:

Sonnen was busted for elevated T-levels and got fined/suspended. And then that ass clown lied about the whole incident.

When was GSP fined and/or suspended!?

Wait, just so we're clear:

Sonnen was busted for elevated T-levels and got fined/suspended. And then that ass clown lied about the whole incident.

When was GSP fined and/or suspended!?

He was never fined/suspended but is that the only definition of a cheater? Someone who gets caught?

Sonnen was also cleared to fight again, unlike Marquardt who got his ass cut. If Sonnen's controversy was so bad, why didnt Dana cut his ass too?

And why doesnt GSP do that ancient witch doctor breathing (ie. greasing) technique anymore?

*note: I dont have time to follow every detail of these things so most of these questions are legit and not me trying to be an ass.

Well a GSP vs Penn 3 is very possible, so BJ might have the opportunity to redeem himself. I like both of those fighters, so it's one I'd like to see happen, again. But greasing or no greasing, Penn got handled in that last fight against GSP!

Well a GSP vs Penn 3 is very possible, so BJ might have the opportunity to redeem himself. I like both of those fighters, so it's one I'd like to see happen, again. But greasing or no greasing, Penn got handled in that last fight against GSP!

That is exactly the problem I have with people who are pro GSP. How can you honestly sit there and say that, yet throw Sonnen under the bus for testing hot??!

That's basically saying, yeah GSP greased (cheated) but he would have won anyway. And because of the fact he was winning decisively, we're OK with it. But if it was a close fight, people's opinion of the greasing would now change?! :slap

That is exactly the problem I have with people who are pro GSP. How can you honestly sit there and say that, yet throw Sonnen under the bus for testing hot??!

That's basically saying, yeah GSP greased (cheated) but he would have won anyway. And we're OK with it. But if it was a close fight, your opinion of the greasing would now change?! :slap
Devil is the one throwing Sonnen under the bus, I was just saying Penn got handled (which GSP did that supposed greasing stuff in every fight before that, and it wasn't a problem until that fight). Over half of professional athletes "cheat" in some regards, and a lot without realizing what they're doing is considered cheating. I don't like Sonnen, but it's just my opinion that he takes the pre-fight talking a little too far and doesn't know when to let up.

My thing with getting caught "cheating" is no matter what reason/excuse you have, it doesn't matter. In the public eye, you're automatically guilty. So, may as well just suck it up and say "yeah, I did it" and just try to get your career back on track. Just one of those unfortunate prices they have to pay to be a star.

He was never fined/suspended but is that the only definition of a cheater? Someone who gets caught?

Well yeah. :lol

Speculation and assumption < Fine/Suspension

One is opinion, the other is fact.

Sonnen was also cleared to fight again, unlike Marquardt who got his ass cut. If Sonnen's controversy was so bad, why didnt Dana cut his ass too?

Marquardt WILL be cleared to fight again, and he'll be cleared even faster than Sonnen was because unlike Chael, Marquardt never lied about the situation.

And as far as being cut, Chael fought. The PPV main event went on as planned. Marquardt ruined the VS. main event (which had already gone through some major re-shuffling) and because of that, and his decisions/actions he was cut. Big difference.

And why doesnt GSP do that ancient witch doctor breathing (ie. greasing) technique anymore?

He still does. :lol Go watch the Thiago Alves fight (UFC 100) which was the very next fight GSP had after Penn II. Phil Nurse does the same exact technique. And GSP's corner has done it after that too.

I'll never understand how people can accuse GSP or even Anderson Silva (who had a similar incident) of greasing when it's being done in full view of commission officials, a live crowd AND cameras!

Akiyama greasing, THAT was cheating. And unlike the above examples, it was done in Akiyama's dressing room i.e. not in front of commission officials, a live crowd AND cameras.

i wasnt singling you out by any means. i meant it as a general statement. but yeah you make good points.

Penn was simply outmatched by a bigger, stronger, and faster opponent in superior shape. He didn't need to be a slippery-er opponent too.

i wasnt singling you out by any means. i meant it as a general statement. but yeah you make good points.

Penn was simply outmatched by a bigger, stronger, and faster opponent in superior shape. He didn't need to be a slippery-er opponent too.

That's what I meant. Just watching all that pre-fight training of those 2 before that, BJ just didn't look like he was taking the fight serious. Bad move, because GSP learned his lesson about slacking off in that first Serra fight. I like GSP's work ethic and humbleness, but honestly if those 2 fought again, I'd like to see BJ pull off the upset. I like 'em both, but BJ is actually one of my favorite fighters.

*And nice use of the word "slippery-er :lol

I was just going to post this! God damn I love Chael Sonnen!! I mean, how could you not!?

:exactly: Dude is by far the most interesting personality in all of the UFC. Not to mention he's freaking hillarious. How you can listen to that interview and not walk away entertained is beyond me. I like him and I'm not apologizing for it. :pfft:

You've got to give him one thing: he's got big ol' big ones. I can't believe some of the stuff he says. I can't figure out if he's delusional or supremely self-confident. Or both. :dunno

Back