UFC, etc.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I thought that was weird. First the crowd boo'ed Sonnen (fighter intros). Then when he started winning the crowd was chanting "USA". Then it changed to "Silva, Silva". Then more "USA" until the finish and everyone cheered for Silva.

Oakland fans = Confused. :lol

yeah it reminded me of the Rocky and Drago fight when the Russians started rooting for Rocky.

This was a shocker to everyone,i knew Sonnen could take him down but not totally dominate Silva the way he did.Silva is still the best PFP best fighter in the world in my eyes but he needed this Sonnen fight,a new experience for him.

So...any bull____ over the internet about Silva?I can imagine the haters saying Silva got lucky,and just because he got dropped 1 time he isn't invincible and now officially sucks :slap

So...any bull____ over the internet about Silva?I can imagine the haters saying Silva got lucky,and just because he got dropped 1 time he isn't invincible and now officially sucks :slap

Last night there were some people talking trash about Silva in the first round when Sonnen staggered him. Silva's still one of my favorite fighters, but yeah he needed someone to knock him around a little bit.

an interesting thing i saw was that according to compustrike Sonnen landed the most strikes ever in an MMA fight. Pretty crazy to think the fight didnt end in a KO or TKO with that stat attached.

And also...i wonder who held the record b4 that. Diaz? he throws a TON of punches.

I know Sonnen dominate the fight last night but there was never a moment that I felt he was close to stopping Silva.

an interesting thing i saw was that according to compustrike Sonnen landed the most strikes ever in an MMA fight. Pretty crazy to think the fight didnt end in a KO or TKO with that stat attached.

And also...i wonder who held the record b4 that. Diaz? he throws a TON of punches.

thats cause he was throwing little rabbit punches...........a ton of them, so its not like most of those were doing damage, he was just trying to keep busy in every position.

thats cause he was throwing little rabbit punches...........a ton of them, so its not like most of those were doing damage, he was just trying to keep busy in every position.

agreed, but you would think that amount of volume over 5 rounds would lead to some cuts or something.

Silva spent the whole fight on his back, yet the result of Sonnen's face looked like he was on his back for 5rds :lol

Silva spent the whole fight on his back, yet the result of Sonnen's face looked like he was on his back for 5rds :lol

yea he looked bad. Silva has kevlar skin. Sonnen has silly putty for skin. That is why i thought the fight would end in the 2nd due to a cut. Sonnen is a bleeder for sure.

Mostly butthurt Fedor fanboys crying that last night's performance from Silva proves Fedor is #1 P4P. Which is a joke in and of itself since Anderson WON last night and Fedor tapped out and LOST in 69 seconds. Gotta love delusional fans and how they spin stuff. :lol:lol:lol

Question is, who has a better chin, Silva or Nelson? Those 2 guys can take a punch. I was suprised Silva didnt go lights out with some of those bombs Sonnen dropped on him from the top.

Sonnen has no KO power. At all.

If that was Henderson on top of him, it would've been a different story. Chael is probably the best wrestler in MMA, if not top 2-3. But elite wrestling and a good chin can only get you so far.

Edit: I just had an idea of Sonnen moving up to LHW, and fighting Griffin. They could then continue to punch each other to no avail without fear of landing a KO.

This loss did a TON for Sonnen's career. Alot of people thought he was not fit to step in the cage with silva. He proved many people wrong. Me included. I knew he was good enough to challenge..but never did i think he would overwhelm silva like he did for as long as he did.

I had faith in Chael. Just thought he was going to get caught coming in, but I don't think he ever got hurt. He's at the top of his game. I wonder if there will be a rematch?????

Chael is def at the top of his game right now. I would think there will be a rematch, its gonna draw a ton of ppv buys.

The fight from last night that may have impressed me the most was the Hughes/Almeida fight. Hughes has been dying to connect like that with his left hand his whole career. and then to choke out almeida who was kind of fighting for his teacher's revenge. impressive...still, hughes would get murdered by the top 5. But a legend and still a dangerous fight for most.

still, hughes would get murdered by the top 5.

Don't be so sure...

Hughes most recent, and most embarrassing defeat, came at the hands of an extremely overweight(as usual) Alves, and Hughes took the fight on three weeks notice.

He had only one fight each in 2008 and 2009. His last 3 losses were to GSP and Alves. I still think he has plenty left in the tank to make some waves in the WW division.

Keep in mind, most people have Dan Hardy at #4. IMO Hughes would beat him.

i wander how Fitch would do cause Hughes is still a great wrestler and thats all Fitch really has. Same with Shields, but of course i still have GSP above all of those guys in that department.

LOL, where is that Dana White list I made of him saying on thing and doing another?

Dana stated that the "winner of Alves/Fitch is the #1 contender for the WW title." I could understand that since Alves failed to make weight, if he won, that wouldn't be so. But he didn't. Fitch won.

Yet in a recent interview with Fanhouse, White said that it's no longer the case.

"You've got Shields, who is gonna fight, Fitch is still in the mix...Shields...Kampmann is in the mix..."

Bwahahahahaha, Dana, you so crazy!

i wander how Fitch would do cause Hughes is still a great wrestler and thats all Fitch really has. Same with Shields, but of course i still have GSP above all of those guys in that department.

I wouldn't mind seeing Fitch or Shields vs. Hughes. Even Kos vs. Hughes. But I agree, GSP is on another level.

Was anybody impressed with Roy Nelson taking the shots he took early and managing to last all 3 rounds? Dos Santos has put away some very talented fighters with those shots yet somehow Nelson managed to stay on his feet. He may have lost, but I think he might have gained a little more respect. What do you guys think?

Back