UFC, etc.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^^Yes and no. Sure he took a beating, but he looked like he was going to pass out from exhaustion. I think he's a good fighter but he definitely needs to get in better shape if he wants any chances/hopes of contending for the belt.

Sonnen has no KO power. At all.

If that was Henderson on top of him, it would've been a different story. Chael is probably the best wrestler in MMA, if not top 2-3. But elite wrestling and a good chin can only get you so far.

Edit: I just had an idea of Sonnen moving up to LHW, and fighting Griffin. They could then continue to punch each other to no avail without fear of landing a KO.

Yeah it would have been a different story. Henderson would have gassed out in the 2nd round and KO'd/Subbed in the 3rd. at least Sonnen has stamina.

Cant believe Anderson got his ass beat so bad. Its up set season I guess. lol Sonnen threw EVERYTHING at Silva. He even popped him in his ears. That was funny. I'm sure there will be a rematch.

I still have to see the other fights (I missed the live feed).

So do we now know definitively what an accomplished wrestler can do to Silva? :dunno

Gives one an idea of what might happen should the long-awaited GSP match ever happen.

After this fight I have a higher opinion of Silva. In a fight when he just wasn't on his A game(arguably) and against a style and opponent that wasn't a great match up for him. He pulled out the win, wasn't flashy or dominate(on his part) but he won the fight. Everyone(for the most part) wanted to see him in a fight and beat up, well that's what Saturday night was and he won.

I also have a higher opinion of Chael after his effort Saturday.

Sonnen did a great job. He didn't win but he fought his ass off and dominated Silva. I couldn't belive Silva pulled out that winning triangle. But that is why he is champion, a great champion can pull out a win no matter how tough it gets and he did. I was personally for Sonnen and even after losing I wasn't disapointed in him.

^^^Yes and no. Sure he took a beating, but he looked like he was going to pass out from exhaustion. I think he's a good fighter but he definitely needs to get in better shape if he wants any chances/hopes of contending for the belt.

No. Nelson has good stamina. Like Rogan stated during the telecast, Nelson was clearly giving up the body shots to protect the head.

He took MANY shots to the body in the first round, which sucked his air away in the second and third.

He tried doing exactly what Robbie Lawlor did against Manhoef in their strikeforce fight; it worked for Robbie, it did not work for Roy.

Thiago Alves will be staying at WW:
Exclusive: Alves States He Will Stay At Welterweight
Sunday, 08 August 2010 21:04 | Written by Kalin Johnston

Following his loss to Jon Fitch at UFC 117 many people felt that it was finally time for Thiago Alves to move up to middleweight. One of these people is UFC President Dana White. At the UFC 117 post fight press conference Dana stated that Thiago needs to move up to middleweight when he comes back for his next fight in the UFC. However, I just received a text from Thiago stating that he will in fact be staying at 170. In the following days I'll be reporting more on this story as Dana will probably not be happy with Thiago wanting to stay at welterweight.

Last edited:
Yeah it would have been a different story. Henderson would have gassed out in the 2nd round and KO'd/Subbed in the 3rd. at least Sonnen has stamina.

What are you talking about? Hendo has great stamina. Have you ever watched him fight beyond the Shields fight? Henderson has gone through WARS. He's getting up their in age, and on top of that, I think he took Shields lightly.

And yeah, he did tap out against Silva. But he actually won the first round against him - which is something that had not been done in a while. But no, they shouldn't ever fight again, and any talk of a rematch between the two should never happen since no one that has lost the first fight against an opponent has never won the second.

lol

What are you talking about? Hendo has great stamina. Have you ever watched him fight beyond the Shields fight? Henderson has gone through WARS. He's getting up their in age, and on top of that, I think he took Shields lightly.

And yeah, he did tap out against Silva. But he actually won the first round against him - which is something that had not been done in a while. But no, they shouldn't ever fight again, and any talk of a rematch between the two should never happen since no one that has lost the first fight against an opponent has never won the second.

lol

What a load of sh@t!

Oh and Shogun disagrees with you. :lol

Don't be so sure...

Hughes most recent, and most embarrassing defeat, came at the hands of an extremely overweight(as usual) Alves, and Hughes took the fight on three weeks notice.

He had only one fight each in 2008 and 2009. His last 3 losses were to GSP and Alves. I still think he has plenty left in the tank to make some waves in the WW division.

I just cant picture hughes making much of a fight against any of the top guys.
his double and single are so weak looking now and he drops his hands. He is still dangerous, but i think hardy would KO him. He just looks slow.

:hi5:

As a Hendo fan, I would love nothing more than for him to get a rematch with Silva. Sadly, I doubt it will ever happen since, IMO, his career is winding down, and #2, he's stuck in Strikeforce hell.

Still, a nice KO over King Mo or Mousasi will please me.

As a Hendo fan that would make me very happy also.

Saturday's event was ____in' awesome. I'm still in disbelief. "The Immaculate Submission":lol

As long as Sonnen keeps throwing shots on his knees postured straight up, he will continue to get triangled.

The surprise of the night for me was the Hughes choke. If Koscheck somehow wins, and Fitch goes to MW, and Kampmann beats Shields...We might see Hughes get another title fight. That would be crazy.

Yeah I was mentioning that also to some friends in regards to Kampmann beating Shields. I think Shields is going to have his hands full...lets see where he goes after this fight.

his double and single are so weak looking now .

Very true. I wrestled in high school and college, and you would be surprised how difficult it is to maintain explosiveness in a takedown. Then again, his most recent "takedown troubles" were against GSP, Alves, and Penn. All of whom have good to great TDD.

Who knows with this damn sport. That's what makes it so great.

So the guy Roger Huerta KTFO in that street fight was Rashad Bobino, a three-time All-Big 12 selection while playing for the Texas Longhorns from 2005-2008.

rashadbobinoprofile.jpg

Huerta is 5'9" and fights at LW (155 lbs). :lol:lol:lol

Back