UFC, etc.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So the guy Roger Huerta KTFO in that street fight was Rashad Bobino, a three-time All-Big 12 selection while playing for the Texas Longhorns from 2005-2008.

rashadbobinoprofile.jpg

Huerta is 5'9" and fights at LW (155 lbs). :lol:lol:lol

That's awesome!

Very true. I wrestled in high school and college, and you would be surprised how difficult it is to maintain explosiveness in a takedown. Then again, his most recent "takedown troubles" were against GSP, Alves, and Penn. All of whom have good to great TDD.

Who knows with this damn sport. That's what makes it so great.

Agreed. I wrestled as well, for a big NY program in high school and then for a bit at college b4 they took the program away for women's swimming lol. The thing about Hughes takedowns nowadays are that he reaches soooo far with his arms and doesnt drive through with his legs. Its like he is chasing down a toddler looking to give it a hug. Against any mid to top level striker i think he eats dirt on a TD.
Renzo and Almeida didnt really have the striking to make him pay if he reached.

Agreed. I wrestled as well, for a big NY program in high school and then for a bit at college b4 they took the program away for women's swimming lol. The thing about Hughes takedowns nowadays are that he reaches soooo far with his arms and doesnt drive through with his legs. Its like he is chasing down a toddler looking to give it a hug. Against any mid to top level striker i think he eats dirt on a TD.
Renzo and Almeida didnt really have the striking to make him pay if he reached.

i dont know much about the technical points of wrestling but i've been a huge fan of MMA since the begining (the royce vs kemo days). thanks for pointing that out C, i'm gonna watch closer on TD.
makes the sport more enjoyable when you learn these things.

i dont know much about the technical points of wrestling but i've been a huge fan of MMA since the begining (the royce vs kemo days). thanks for pointing that out C, i'm gonna watch closer on TD.
makes the sport more enjoyable when you learn these things.

cool, its just something i noticed. when you see guys like Fitch/Maynard/GSP etc.. they have such an explosive leg push. They pretty much tackle you. I think Hughes lost that step, rightfully so, he is getting older.

Although, once Hughes gets his hands on you he will prob be able to get you down with that farmboy strength he has. He is still super strong .

So the guy Roger Huerta KTFO in that street fight was Rashad Bobino, a three-time All-Big 12 selection while playing for the Texas Longhorns from 2005-2008.

rashadbobinoprofile.jpg

Huerta is 5'9" and fights at LW (155 lbs). :lol:lol:lol

I'm surprised you havent photoshopped his face with bruises and cuts and do like a UFC fight card thing (Huerta vs Bobino).

Seriously, how can you NOT like Pat Barry. :lol

https://www.mmaresolutions.com/pat-barry-reveals-cro-cop-and-lesnar-want-to-train-with-him

UFC heavyweight fighter Pat Barry has revealed he's in high demand these days following his UFC 113 slugfest with Mirko Cro Cop. He explained the former PRIDE star and current UFC heavyweight champion, Brock Lesnar want him as a sparring partner.

"I'm talking to Cro Cop. Brock Lesnar wants me to come and be his sparring partner… You can't write this man, this isn't even a dream. This is just all around fabulous. I'm just going to keep riding with it, man, and keep screaming thank you out the window to somebody."

"[Filipovic] says as soon as my hand is healed, he would like to fly me to Croatia for a month to come and be his sparring partner… [Filipovic] said, ‘You are faster than I am and you hit harder than I do… but I could tell that when we grabbed each other you weren't very strong. Like you haven't been wrestling with guys bigger than you or stronger than you…So I've got a lot of giant serial killer Croatian guys out here, that are wrestlers that I could throw at you…But I would really like you to come out here and be my sparring partner for my next fight."

"Brock Lesnar has asked for me to come and be his sparring partner for a month before he fights Cain Velasquez. How cool is that? A month with the heavyweight champion of the universe Brock Lesnar, the biggest scariest dude on earth, and then a month with a legendary striker like CroCop. These two guys have recognized and see something in me that they feel can help them get better, and that's amazing."

It's like he's half fighter, half super fan. :lol

Would love to see Toney get the KO. Toney's a funny guy saying "Hows Couture a Legend of the sport with a 18-10 record". But should be an easy fight for Couture. Toney does have a punched chance, and his chin is solid. Sprawl baby

Back