UFC, etc.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He dominated Mir for all but 8-10 seconds in their two fights.

Is it Lesnar's fault he has a size advantage over his opponents in the Heavyweight division? Other fighters have had size advantages and used it to their advantage, did you complain about it then as well? He uses that size to his advantage and uses his background strengths (wrestling) just like anyone else would. That is smart fighting, others need to adapt to that and use their strengths to figure out how to neutralize that to beat him. He got on top of Mir and advanced his position enough to trap Mirs head and tee off on it like a punching bag. That would be like complaining about a fighter that has a strong Jiu Jitzu background using those techniques to win matches.

Maybe the UFC needs an even weaker Super Heavyweight division for Lesnar to dominate but I am sure you would have a problem with that as well.

You seriously sound like you have a case of sour grapes because you don't like Lesnar.

He dominated Mir for all but 8-10 seconds in their two fights.

Is it Lesnar's fault he has a size advantage over his opponents in the Heavyweight division? Other fighters have had size advantages and used it to their advantage, did you complain about it then as well? He uses that size to his advantage and uses his background strengths (wrestling) just like anyone else would. That is smart fighting, others need to adapt to that and use their strengths to figure out how to neutralize that to beat him. He got on top of Mir and advanced his position enough to trap Mirs head and tee off on it like a punching bag. That would be like complaining about a fighter that has a strong Jiu Jitzu background using those techniques to win matches.

Maybe the UFC needs an even weaker Super Heavyweight division for Lesnar to dominate but I am sure you would have a problem with that as well.

You seriously sound like you have a case of sour grapes because you don't like Lesnar.

You are correct I don't like Lesnar. I never said he never dominated Mir so I don know why you said that. You are firing back at me for something I said that wasn't directed to you, I am talking to all the people who think Brock is the best HW in the world and is dominating the sport. If you agree even that he's dominating the sport with five fights, only four in the UFC and one of those fights was a loss then I can't change your opinion but I am going to voice mine. He won fair and square against Mir and used his wrestling to win. He didn't show good all around skills in any of his fights to be called best in the world.

What if Brock Ever beat Fedor , Would you say he's the best heavyweight in the world?

Fedor worshippers would make every excuse in the world why he lost and how lucky Brock was. Fedor could lose like 10 fights in a row and his followers would still be claiming he's the best ever. Hell.. he didn't even fight a ranked HW fighter for like 3 years and people STILL ranked him as #1 HW and #1 P4P. :duh

Does anyone have pics of Frank's face from after the fight? I would like to see how bad it is. It's hurting him like a ^^^^^ right now I bet.

Fedor worshippers would make every excuse in the world why he lost and how lucky Brock was. Fedor could lose like 10 fights in a row and his followers would still be claiming he's the best ever. Hell.. he didn't even fight a ranked HW fighter for like 3 years and people STILL ranked him as #1 HW and #1 P4P. :duh

He's definetly not P4P in the world. And I agree he hasn't had really good competition in a little while but I would rather see him come to the UFC if he beats Barnett then fight Tito.:sick:sick

You are correct I don't like Lesnar. I never said he never dominated Mir so I don know why you said that. You are firing back at me for something I said that wasn't directed to you, I am talking to all the people who think Brock is the best HW in the world and is dominating the sport. If you agree even that he's dominating the sport with five fights, only four in the UFC and one of those fights was a loss then I can't change your opinion but I am going to voice mine. He won fair and square against Mir and used his wrestling to win. He didn't show good all around skills in any of his fights to be called best in the world.

Touchy much?

I wasn't firing back at you or taking it personally...I was asking you serious questions to find out why you have a bias against Brock and his fighting style since you brought it up. I never said I thought Brock is the best or most well rounded HW in the world but he is has to be considered a legit MMA fighter now and is using his best technique/specialty to win fights just like any other fighter.

I brought up the domination Mir because that is the truth.

Touchy much?

I wasn't firing back at you or taking it personally...I was asking you serious questions to find out why you have a bias against Brock and his fighting style since you brought it up. I never said I thought Brock is the best or most well rounded HW in the world but he is has to be considered a legit MMA fighter now and is using his best technique/specialty to win fights just like any other fighter.

I brought up the domination Mir because that is the truth.

Not touchy but when people comment on here it's hard to tell what they mean. I'm sure you understand, it's hard to see if someone is serious or sarcastic.

sscalltheway said:
Lesnar won via Lay and pound. GSP at least tried to advance his position. Lesnar tried to lay on Frank and win with his weight.

:confused:

I don't understand this!? Why would ANY fighter try to "advance their position" if they're already in a dominant position and doing damage!? Randy Couture, The late Evan Tanner etc. ALL prefered being in a fighters half guard to inflict damage. Tito Ortiz prefered full guard. I understand most people think you have to advance out of a fighters guard in order to gain a more dominant position but I (and obviously some MMA fighters) don't agree. Lesnar inflicted the majority of the damage you see on Mir's face from half guard. So why would he switch from that position? Also.. you have to understand Lesnar was trying to avoid Mir getting into a position to throw a submission out.

"Lay and Pound"!? I've heard of Lay and Pray.. but never Lay and Pound. So Matt Hughes beat Royce Gracie with Lay and Pound? Matt Hughes beat BJ Penn in their rematch with Lay and Pound? Fedor beat Big Nog twice with Lay and Pound? Any fighter who stays in another fighters guard/half guard and beats the living ^^^^ out of them is using Lay and Pound!? Seriously?

sscalltheway said:
I have no respect for this guy now. Lesnar should have never gotten the belt and makes the UFC HW division look like anybody with a big name can walk in and take the belt.

So beating two former UFC HW champs by TKO means nothing? You've just erased one of Fedor's biggest claims to fame.

sscalltheway said:
Personally I think GSP is a better WW than Hughes, yes Hughes defended his belt a total of nine times but GSP has faced top ten ranked competion in all most all of his fights.

So did Hughes.

sscalltheway said:
Back to the whale, it's one thing to talk smack before and during the fight but to get up and say ^^^^ to you opponent and the crowd if just messed up and really frowned upon by the MMA community.

Is this the same "MMA community" that cheered for BJ Penn licking blood of his gloves after the Hughes/Stevenson/Sherk fights? The same "MMA community" that cheered for Henderson when he clearly punched Bisping after it was obvious he was KTFO and then admitted as much at the post fight press conference?

"That was for all the ^^^^ he talked".

The same "MMA community" that cheered for Tito Ortiz doing his little gravedigger routine before putting on a T-Shirt with some derogatory remark about the opponent he just beat.

Same? Exactly. If you ALREADY don't like someone everything that person does will "bother" you. Everything that person does will seem 100x worse than it is as opposed to someone doing the same thing if you liked them.

sscalltheway said:
He didn't show good all around skills in any of his fights to be called best in the world.

I disagree with this. Simply because most of the fighters considered P4P greats don't fit that criteria and most fighters in general don't fit that criteria. GSP fits that, but as you can see he's lost before and can be beaten. Fedor, A.Silva, Machida, etc. none of those guys have "All around skills". Fedor doesn't have any wrestling or take down defense. A.Silva and Machida don't have any wrestling i.e. they can take down strikers but when they fight actual wrestlers they get taken down with ease. Same with Fedor. But all those guys are considered great fighters. So the idea of someone having to be an all aorund skilled fighter in order to be considered the best in the world makes zero sense to me. Hell Frank and Ken Shamrock were the first MMA fighters to fit that criteria and both of them have been destroyed in fights. So I just can't grasp that logic.

sscalltheway said:
He's definetly not P4P in the world. And I agree he hasn't had really good competition in a little while but I would rather see him come to the UFC if he beats Barnett then fight Tito.

:lecture Seriously. Who gives a ^^^^ about Tito Ortiz anymore!? Oh yeah I forgot.. Tito Ortiz. :lol

Check this out, Pretty interesting imo. Lorenzo Fertitta interview with Loretta Hunt.

There’s an online petition called FedorChant.com, where a thousand people are going to cheer “Fedor” (Emelianenko) during the main event (at UFC 100). Is that going to put more pressure on you, and just the fact that Fedor doesn’t want to sign because of sambo, was that something that you’d ever overlook?

Fertitta: I hope all 12,000 people yell Fedor’s name at the same time. The pressure’s not on me. The pressure’s on him. They already know. The facts are the facts. We made him the best offer out there, more money than anybody offered him –- so you can’t say it’s about the money. Then they come back and they say, “Well, it’s a one-sided contract.” Let’s break this down from a logical standpoint. We offered the exact same contract that three hundred other guys have signed, including Brock Lesnar, Chuck Liddell, Anderson Silva, GSP, all the top stars. Why is that contract not good enough for Fedor? What Fedor wants is this. He doesn’t want to be exclusive. So, it’s like saying, okay, Tom Brady: “I’m going to play for New England Patriots one Sunday, but you know what? After that game’s over, I want to be a free agent and go see where I can play for the rest of the season.” Every weekend he’s going to skip around and play for whoever he wants. How does that make sense for us as a business or for the fans? He needs to come into our fold if he wants to cement his legacy as the best fighter in the world. We can figure something out with the sambo thing… (but) at the end of the day, I think we need to have a situation where at least 90 or 120 days before he’s signed a contract to fight, he shouldn’t be out there competing in events like that because I don’t want to take the chance of him getting hurt. But all of this stuff with Fedor: we want Fedor. As soon as he gets done with this show that he’s doing, he can come –- we’ve never met Fedor. I want to sit down. I want to talk to him and that’s part of the problem. We’ve never even met the guy. But it is a shame that he has not come forward to challenge the best guys in the world and I hope he comes. We want him.

Is the sambo really a sticking point?

Fertitta: That’s a big excuse for Fedor to say he’s not coming to the UFC, and quite honestly, I don’t think it’s Fedor. I think Fedor wants to compete. The issue has been his management. They’ve completely kept him aside. I’m not sure he even knows what we offered him, to be honest with you. I think if he knew what we offered, he would have been here a long time ago. There’s been a little bit of disconnect there… we want to meet him in person. We will not sit down and negotiate until me and Dana meet him in person. And if at that time he decides to not be a part of what we’re doing, then we know.

For everyone who was under the assumption that there had been actual meetings between Fedor and the UFC in the past. NOPE. There's only been meetings with Vadim Finklestein aka the leech who lives off Fedor and makes all of Fedor's decisions.

Lesnar fights like he does cos it works for him.. And hes winning!!

Why should he try to be more balanced if he doesnt need to be?

And I think he was very unlucky and a bit cocky when he lost the first fight.

Check this out, Pretty interesting imo. Lorenzo Fertitta interview with Loretta Hunt.

For everyone who was under the assumption that there had been actual meetings between Fedor and the UFC in the past. NOPE. There's only been meetings with Vadim Finklestein aka the leech who lives off Fedor and makes all of Fedor's decisions.

It's pretty sad really. every month that passes by is another month that Fedor loses to time and fails to cement his legacy further. At this point I dont even rank Fedor in the top 2 P4P...I'd probably put him 3rd or 4th.

Arlovski has a glass jaw. No amount of training can fix that. He has all the tools to be the best fighter in the world. But his jaw is so flimsy he'd get KTFO from the wind if he ran too fast. :lol

Back