UFC, etc.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
THAT'S the real Brock Lesnar. If you wanna see the inspiration for the BS after the fight, watch his antics in WWE when he was a heel/bad guy. Same exact attitude and demeanor. It's all an act. And people buy it hook, line and sinker.

Brock is just an intense athlete and gets into that mode when he is competing. But I've heard that he's actually a mellow soft spoken guy when you meet him. I have lots of friends who are awesome guys but when they were on the football field they acted like jackasses. Some people are more mellow after a win and some are more intense. It's just part of the competitive game which I completely understand.

Being a guy who has followed pro wrestling for years, when I heard about what Brock did I thought precisely what Devil is saying here. In the WWE, you make your money as a heel doing what Brock did. Unfortunately, I don't think Dana White understands all that stuff as well as Vince McMahon does by any means. Instead of chewing Brock out and having him make this lame apology, they should have run with it. If you make him into an a$$hole that the audience hates (whether it is real or not makes no difference), then you get heat. And if you get heat, you get PPV buys. The MMA audience may try to fool themselves into thinking that they are above the fake feuds and storylines, but they aren't. We all eat that kind of "drama" up.

Being a guy who has followed pro wrestling for years, when I heard about what Brock did I thought precisely what Devil is saying here. In the WWE, you make your money as a heel doing what Brock did. Unfortunately, I don't think Dana White understands all that stuff as well as Vince McMahon does by any means. Instead of chewing Brock out and having him make this lame apology, they should have run with it. If you make him into an a$$hole that the audience hates (whether it is real or not makes no difference), then you get heat. And if you get heat, you get PPV buys. The MMA audience may try to fool themselves into thinking that they are above the fake feuds and storylines, but they aren't. We all eat that kind of "drama" up.

What's next? Having fighters come out with corny "managers" and having another fighter interrupt matches while the ref isnt looking?

brocktkomir.gif

:rotfl:rotfl

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/FKx6_K5MgxE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/FKx6_K5MgxE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

3 things I tool away from UFC 100.

1) Lesnar is for real.

2) GSP is P4P the best MMA fighter at this moment.

3) Hendo is da man!

I thought for sure that Bisbing would have one but he didn't. :lol I was for him too. But if Henderson took him then you gotta give that man props.

What's next? Having fighters come out with corny "managers" and having another fighter interrupt matches while the ref isnt looking?
Well, they already do come out with an entourage including trainers and lackeys, they wear colorful outfits, they cut promos, they call each other out, they have theme music. Then there are scandals about the refs calling a match too early or something, about guys who cheat by hitting guys in the groin, etc. It isn't far removed from pro wrestling as it stands. But as things move more toward entertainment and less toward "sport," they move further and further away from the "pure" nature of the "sport," as it was originally intended by some. The rules are always changing to make things more "exciting" and entertaining in all sports (i.e. changing the rules in baseball, basketball, and football to make them more score-friendly, hockey lets its players fight, etc.).

Frank Mir Reacts To UFC 100 Loss, Brock Lesnar

From The Las Vegas Review-Journal:

“I basically was (within) a half-an-inch of catching him. I knew he was hurt, but he had good leverage, with my shoulder against the cage. I made a stupid mistake. When I stood up, and he’s screaming, it took me a few seconds to realize (what Lesnar was doing). ESPN showed him spitting and hollering. My children are looking. I’m shaking my head, pointing at my kids and going, ‘That’s not how you want to do it, guys. We’ll be cocky, especially before a fight, to help sell it. I didn’t degrade him [when I beat him at UFC 81] and say he was an idiot. There was no point to kick the guy while he was down. OK, I beat the guy. What, am I going to spit on you, too? If I can just nail that (weight) gap to even 10 pounds, it’ll be a different fight next time. Hopefully next time, I’ll show him how somebody is supposed to act in victory.”

...... .......

UFC 100 Payouts:

UFC 100 Payouts

Brock Lesnar -- $400,000 (no win bonus)
def. Frank Mir –- $45,000

Georges St. Pierre –- $400,000 (including $200,000 win bonus)
def. Thiago Alves –- $60,000

Dan Henderson –- $350,000 (including $150,000 win bonus, $100,000 knockout bonus)
def. Michael Bisping –- $150,000

Jon Fitch -- $90,000 (including $45,000 win bonus)
def. Paulo Thiago –- $8,000

Yoshihiro Akiyama –- $160,000(including $20,000 win bonus, $100,000 fight of night bonus)
def. Alan Belcher –- $119,000 (including $100,000 fight of night bonus)

Mark Coleman –- $100,000 (including $50,000 win bonus)
def. Stephan Bonnar –- $25,000

Jim Miller -- $22,000 (including $11,000 win bonus)
def. Mac Danzig -- $20,000

Jon Jones –- $18,000(including $9,000 win bonus)
def. Jake O'Brien –- $13,000

Dong Hyun Kim –- $58,000 (including $29,000 win bonus)
def. T.J. Grant -- $5,000

Tom Lawlor –- $116,000 (including $ 8,000 win bonus, $100,000)
def. CB Dollaway –- $14,000

Shannon Gugerty –- $10,000(including $5,000 win bonus)
def. Matt Grice -- $7,000

Note: These numbers, sent to Sherdog.com by the Nevada State Athletic Commission, are disclosed pay only. They do not include additional pay such as sponsorships or percentages of pay-per-view revenue.

Bisping is a TUF Winner. They have different contracts. That "6 Figures" you hear about means if they continually win they continually get more money per fight. After he won his contract, he not only won 3 fights in a row but the UFC needed him to get into the European market. Which Bisping helped with. So he makes bank.

Dave Metzger has already said Brock Lesnar will probably make 3 million dollars all together for UFC 100 ($400,000 + PPV Bonus). Mir will make about 2 Million ($45,000 + PPV Bonus) and GSP at least a Million ($400,000 + PPV Bonus). So those guys got PAID.

The biggest pay out came for Tom Lawlor who choked out CB Dollaway. Because he got paid $8000 to fight. Got another $8000 for winning but then made $100,000 for SOTN. Which is more money than he made for his first two UFC fights combined!!! :lol

You know he was happy. See.. being a clown CAN pay sometimes.
lawlorjustbleed.gif

:lol

GSP is methodical to the point where he is becoming boring; sure he takes down his opponents but once they are on their back he rarely does anything exciting (BJ Penn being the exception -- grease gate); they will either need to find someone exciting in the middle weight class or have him move up -- he has truly conquered that division.

Hendo will likely face Franklin with the winner getting another shot at Silva.

GSP is methodical to the point where he is becoming boring; sure he takes down his opponents but once they are on their back he rarely does anything exciting (BJ Penn being the exception -- grease gate); they will either need to find someone exciting in the middle weight class or have him move up -- he has truly conquered that division.

Hendo will likely face Franklin with the winner getting another shot at Silva.

I think his face kick of Matt Hughes was pretty exciting. PLUS, I hate Matt Hughes, so it was a double for me.

Back