UFC, etc.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That whole Cro Cop thing was WEIRD. Because (in case no one had heard) DREAM’s US rep Mike Kogan confirmed to Sergio Non of USA Today that DREAM signed Mirko. And Cro Cop's first opponent was supposed to be Mighty Mo.

Dana White confirms he's heard the news. Mirko denies it.

Then Mirko officially re-signs with the UFC for 3 fights.

:duh

That's crazy.

Hey guys, I'm back from vacation. I read some of my comments again and wish I could take some of them back since it is clear that I just don't like Brock Lesnar. I think what did it for me was Brock saying ^^^^ to Mir after the fight and flicking off the crowd. Sorry if I got anyone mad.

On another note how the hell does Diaz and Guillard get to headline fight night? I love Guillard since he lives by me but Diaz is coming off of a 2 fight loss streak and Guillard fought Gleison Tibau and won by a razor close split decision that many people thought he lost. I think it will be a good win for either person. If Guillard gets taken down he will get choked out but I guess we will se if he has worked on his skills since his latest suspension.

UFC 103 has a good card if it was free but not PPV. We will see who fights GSP which is pretty cool and also see if Trigg is back. I like Koscheck so that's good for me. Some pretty good LW fights and if Cro Cop is moved up (which is most likely) then it will be a solid UFC fight card with a poor main event. I will still buy though.

some PPV headliners should really be fight nights sometimes IMO.

What did Guillard get suspended for? ... I love watching him lose ... :lol

not too big on him myself either.
actually I wont hate on Guillard so much going forward. he was just so cocky for a bit, he needed a check IMO. When Joe Stevenson beat him super quick I was loving it.

he can def throw the bombs. If he can develop a solid ground game, he'll be one helluva fighter...

not too big on him myself either.
actually I wont hate on Guillard so much going forward. he was just so cocky for a bit, he needed a check IMO. When Joe Stevenson beat him super quick I was loving it.

he can def throw the bombs. If he can develop a solid ground game, he'll be one helluva fighter...

Took the words out of my mouth. He said he's matured since then so I guess we will see.

Well tbh that fight night card is simply a lead in to the debut of TUF 10 with Kimbo. So the UFC really didn't need any big name fights for that card.

A friend and fellow board member, bulldozer36 ordered my ticket for UFC 103 today. $65 for 3rd level seats. 2nd level seats were completely sold out, and tickets haven't even been offered to the general public yet.

I'm going to try to meet fighters and get autographs, so the view doesn't really matter to me. Here is the rumored card:

-Josh Koscheck (12-4) vs. Frank Trigg (19-6)
-Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic (25-6-2) vs. Junior dos Santos (8-1)
-Martin Kampmann (15-2) vs. Mike Swick (14-2)
-Tyson Griffin (13-2) vs. Hermes Franca (19-7)
-Sean Sherk (33-4-1) vs. Gleison Tibau (17-7)
-Efrain Escudero (11-0) vs. Cole Miller (15-3)
-Drew McFedries (8-5) vs. Tomasz Drwal (16-2-1)

-Rich Franklin (25-4) vs. TBA

There's some decent style match ups. As a Cro Cop fanboy, it's a dream come true for me. They seem to reserve him for Europe cards. I don't have the money to fly there, but the AAC is in my back yard. I'm still not getting my hopes up of him being on the card though...don't want to count my chickens...

Hopefully Rich will face someone tough, and I can see him get knocked out live.:lol

Well the rumor going around is the main event will be Franklin vs. Luiz Cane. Which we specualted about earlier in this thread. That's the fight I keep hearing about for Franklin. So who knows. Pretty much every other top LHW is booked up. Houston Alexander appears to be in line to fight Elliot Marshall at 104. So he's a no go.

Yeah. Which still cracks me up since Jardine felt like he should've been fighting upper level guys, not guys beneath him like Alexander. We saw how that went for Jardine. :lol

I think it's going to be Franklin vs Cane too.

You know who I would like to see fight Franklin? Liddell. They both won their titles about the same time. I'd like to see it, but I don't know what condition Liddell is in.

I believe Chuck has said he wants to continue fighting, but he won't consider a fight until next year. I think the quote was something like "I need at least a year off from getting hit". :lol

Back