UFC, etc.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I had never seen Wilder before but knowing he was 6 foot 6 I pictured a big tank of a man with a bit of a belly. How wrong I was as he's actually quite skinny for such a tall heavyweight weighing in at only 15 stone 9 pounds. But it's like he's had barely any boxing lessons as he lived up to his name by being very wild & swingy with his punches. Britain's own Tyson Fury is also like that but he, at least in his last fight, has started to use his jab well, spearing it into Derek Chisora's face, in his last fight, & jabbing him into submission. I think Fury will beat Wilder but I certainly think that it's a very open fight with no one clear winner.

But the smart money would be on Wladimir Klitschko to school them both, providing that he doesn't suddenly age overnight as he does turn 39 in a couple of months.

I did find Saturdays fight amusing via the scorecards. The curse of a 'Don King fight' struck again with one judge giving every round to Wilder, which he did not deserve, & even giving him a 10/8 round, which was just mental! Clearly this judge was giving Don's number one guy every round for fear that he might fade later on & need these early rounds, which didn't happen, hence why the end score just looked absurd.

But still, he did clearly win & if his interview at the end of the fight was anything to go by he has all the personality of Riddick Bowe, unfortunately.

Sorry, UFC fans, for hijacking this thread. I'll sod off now & leave you be. :)

If it's OK with you folks I'd like to borrow this thread again in May. Providing that Pacquiao v Mayweather actually happens. :pray:

Did anyone watch the entire card?
I missed the last three fights and have them taped.
Hearing alot of disagreement with the Cerrone/Henderson decision.
I have to watch it and form my own opinion.
I did watch the Pendred/Spencer fight and wtf was that decision?
Spencer in my opinion won not only the fight but all 3 rounds.
Anybody else feel that way?

Did anyone watch the entire card?
I missed the last three fights and have them taped.
Hearing alot of disagreement with the Cerrone/Henderson decision.
I have to watch it and form my own opinion.
I did watch the Pendred/Spencer fight and wtf was that decision?
Spencer in my opinion won not only the fight but all 3 rounds.
Anybody else feel that way?

Everyone except the judges. IMO Henderson beat Cerrone 29-28.

The UFC will never do anything to him as long as he's still the champ, and/or selling PPV for them.

I was pleasantly surprised to see the UFC use their Code of Conduct and fine him a bunch of money for the coke sniff.

Also on the Conor topic, I think unless Aldo decides to wrestle him, he's going to lose. It's a combination of my confidence in Aldo waning and my confidence in Conor's hype apexing.

The UFC fining him 25,000 doesn't really do much for Jon. I mean he makes so much money, dropping 25K isn't a big deal.

As for Aldo and McGregor, as much as I love McGregor I think Jose has better hands and more power behind his kicks. I do think
this will be a great fight and I don't doubt McGregors skills but on paper I just see Jose having it more in his favor.

UFC Fight Night 59 Fighter Salaries: McGregor and Cerrone Top $800,000-Plus Payroll - Yahoo Sports

Conor McGregor: $170,000 (includes $85,000 win bonus)
def. Dennis Siver: $39,000

Donald Cerrone: $146,000 (includes $73,000 win bonus)
def. Benson Henderson: $48,000

Uriah Hall: $28,000 (includes $14,000 win bonus)
def. Ron Stallings: $10,000

Gleison Tibau: $90,000 (includes $45,000 win bonus)
def. Norman Parke: $20,000

Cathal Pendred: $16,000 (includes $8,000 win bonus)
def. Sean Spencer: $14,000

Lorenz Larkin: $56,000 (includes $28,000 win bonus)
def. John Howard: $21,000

Chris Wade: $20,000 (includes $10,000 win bonus)
def. Zhang Lipeng: $15,000

Patrick Holohan: $20,000 (includes $10,000 win bonus)
Shane Howell: $8,000

Johnny Case: $20,000 (includes $10,000 win bonus)
def. Frankie Perez: $8,000

Charles Rosa: $20,000 (includes $10,000 win bonus)
def. Sean Soriano: $8,000

Sean O’Connell: $20,000 (includes $10,000 win bonus)
def. Matt Van Buren: $10,000

Joby Sanchez: $16,000 (include $8,000 win bonus)
def. Tateki Matsuda: $8,000

UFC Fight Night 59 Disclosed Fighter Payroll: $831,000

Do they still make those prime time and countdown shows anymore? I'd be curious to see more of Silva preparing for the fight.

When it comes to Conor McGregor and television ratings, no headliner has ever drawn more eyeballs on Fox Sports 1 than “Notorious” and his opponent, Dennis Siver.

On Wednesday, Fox Sports revealed that according to Nielsen ratings, UFC Fight Night “McGregor vs. Siver” averaged 2.75 million viewers, making it the most-watched mixed martial arts event to ever grace FS1.

Not surprisingly, the event peaked when McGregor was inside the Octagon, with 3.162 million viewers tuning in to watch the Irishman finish Siver in the second round.

No denying he's a draw. I know Aldo is happy. More PPV buys = more money in his pocket. :lol

Back