UFC, etc.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You probably missed Phil's 2 takedowns in the last 30 seconds of Rounds 1 and 2.:lol

And I don't know about Machida's post fight interview where he said "I don't know what the UFC rules are.." You're an elite level UFC fighter...you should know the rules inside and out, LOL.

Judges give to much scoring for takedowns. I thought Machida won, but fight was garbage. A lot of fights look like sparring matches these days.

I agree with takedowns meaning to much. Its one thing to take someone down and do damage or try for submissions but another to just take someone down to score points. I long for the yellow cards from Pride.

yeah MMA is really taking a turn and becoming a game of waiting and points. Its far and few when you see a guy take a real chance and just get in there a mix it up.

Some judges are switching it up though. I've seen a few fights recently where the guys who had all/the majority of takedowns lost the decision because they did nothing with them afterwards.

Some judges are switching it up though. I've seen a few fights recently where the guys who had all/the majority of takedowns lost the decision because they did nothing with them afterwards.

That's how it should be. A guy who gets a takedown and gains dominance from it should be scored, but if a guy gets a takedown and does nothing with or causes no damage then no points should be awarded. That would stop those last minute go for broke end of the round take downs to steal the round.

there shouldn't be any points for it, but like BJJ tournaments, if the round is basically dead even, that takedown probably is considered like an "advantage".

Remember Condit vs Hendricks?

Condit clearly won the standup game,but Hendricks took Condit down time after time without doing any damage on the ground,but still won the decision.

So who here actually has FoxSports 1. I found out I don't have it. Apparently DirectTV hasn't reached a deal...wtf

So unless something changes today or early tomorrow it looks like my UFC watching will get really slimmed down.

So who here actually has FoxSports 1. I found out I don't have it. Apparently DirectTV hasn't reached a deal...wtf

So unless something changes today or early tomorrow it looks like my UFC watching will get really slimmed down.

Really!? Dana said the other day a deal with Direct was reached.

Uriah Hall needs to develop some nastiness, he's to damn easy going nice guy in the cage, and now he's lost 2 fights in a row.

I ended up just ordering the damn channel. It only added $5 more to my bill. I cant go without fights.

So far so good.

Back