UFC, etc.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I could see Overeem was going to eat that front kick at some point. I think Browne did it several times and then one got through clean.
Shogun fight went like I figured. I don't think he threw one punch or kick standing.

Overeem might be the most overrated striker ever. Guy has no head movement and stands flat footed. All he has is his knees. Sonnen will no doubt drop back down to MW since Silva isn't the champ anymore. Great turnaround by Faber in his fight.

best move of the night was that beautiful transition to a triangle choke in the prelims.... :monkey1

best move of the night was that beautiful transition to a triangle choke in the prelims.... :monkey1

That's from my boy Michael McDonald. He's only 22. He lost against Barao for the belt in his last fight. But at his age and how good he is, I'm sure he'll be getting that belt. I think he's going to fight Faber next.

I don't think Wandy can beat any top opponents unless they are willing to brawl with him the whole time.

I don't think Wandy can beat any top opponents unless they are willing to brawl with him the whole time.

At this stage in his career that's true. He has never had a gameplan other than trying to jack someone's jaw. In Pride he showed a more well rounded game.

In Pride he showed a more well rounded game.

By "a more well rounded game" do you mean "he could go wild on Steroids"!? Because other than that he's the same exact fighter i.e. no wrestling, not a whole lot of variety with striking and no threat of subs (he has like 1 in his entire career). :lol

I love Wandy, but yeah that's pretty much it. When he was in Japan, he had roids and Yakuza on his side. His looping punches come from a mile away and an as long as you throw one down the pipe your gonna land before he does. His chin just isn't what it used to be. To his credit, I will say Wandy is a super nice guy though.

Even that last fight with Shogun and Chael, those guys are done. Shogun should probably be thinking about hanging it up as well. Chael caught him in that sub and he was stuck. It wasn't even really a fight.

Machida was really the only descent threat to Jones, bad move on his part. Silva is gonna take back the title anyways....:monkey3

By "a more well rounded game" do you mean "he could go wild on Steroids"!? Because other than that he's the same exact fighter i.e. no wrestling, not a whole lot of variety with striking and no threat of subs (he has like 1 in his entire career). :lol

In Pride he tried for submissions on the ground, threw leg kicks, used the knees it the clinch, and yeah.....he was roided up and would soccer kick your teeth up to the nose bleed section. No one outside of the US used to focus on wrestling. I do agree though, while it saddens me, the Chute Box days are over. Now most guys worry about not losing and out pointing their opponent if they are making good money. That's why the undercard is 90% of the time better than the PPV.

Back