UFC, etc.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So much for "Babalu"...

Renato "Babalu" Sobral has been released from his UFC contract for refusing to immediately break a chokehold after his opponent tapped out at UFC 74, UFC president Dana White confirmed on Thursday.

So much for "Babalu"...

Renato "Babalu" Sobral has been released from his UFC contract for refusing to immediately break a chokehold after his opponent tapped out at UFC 74, UFC president Dana White confirmed on Thursday.

damn that's tough. i remember that though...he did appear to deliberately hold it too long.

don't forget UFC 75 is on Spike tonight (free)..right now. with this along with some great football games on tonight i need more t.v.'s in my living room!

damn that's tough. i remember that though...he did appear to deliberately hold it too long.

definitely... at first i thought maybe he didnt feel the guy tapping him, but when they showed the repeat he was looking at the referee square in the eye when he put the guy out. he knew what he was doing. im glad he got booted because thats just not needed in professional sports at all, he could've done some real damage to the guy. here's the video of it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvbVU9RWmq4

CroCops match is about to star...nevermind, it's over before I even finished the sentence. :D

I consider this an ongoing thread just so im not setting off necroposter alarms... Anyway... just curious what peoples thoughts are on Kimbo Slice and Brock Lesnar. You think any of the two can be the real deal? Kimbo is downright scary to look at, but once he's against the big boys it will be intesting to see how he fairs. As for Lesnar, obviously he has the wrestling background, and he's built like fort knox, but i don't know how successful he'll be... thoughts

Kimbo is a puncher that can take Brocks head clean off, but I don't think Kimbo can do much beyond that. If Lesnar can take him down he may be able to submit him. Hard to say though, as MMA is new to them both.

And while we are the subject of UFC, CHUCK IS BACK BABY:rock

I dont know.
But Im sure i'll be watching it on the next PPV. Im always reluctant to think anyone who's been in pro wrestling can hold up in the Octagon, but who knows,

I do know I loved watching hughes get beat down by GSP again the other night
Almost as much as I loved watching Melvin Guillard tap for the 2nd time in a row. :lol

I do know I loved watching hughes get beat down by GSP again the other night

That was great, Matt is such a freakin' ******:monkey4 I would have liked to see Matt Serra do it more though.

Serra vs. GSP part 2 should be good.

That was great, Matt is such a freakin' ******:monkey4 I would have liked to see Matt Serra do it more though.

Serra vs. GSP part 2 should be good.
yes it will be.
Prediction:
GSP beats Serra
Serra fights/beats Hughes
Serra vs GSP for the tie breaker.

.. at least thats kind of what Im hoping for.
While I like Serra for the most part, he kinda started getting on my nerves a little during the Ultimate fighter. I couldnt believe he wouldnt corner his guy when the other fighter had a corner.
So I'd like to see him put in his place by GSP the first rematch.

I consider this an ongoing thread just so im not setting off necroposter alarms... Anyway... just curious what peoples thoughts are on Kimbo Slice and Brock Lesnar. You think any of the two can be the real deal? Kimbo is downright scary to look at, but once he's against the big boys it will be intesting to see how he fairs. As for Lesnar, obviously he has the wrestling background, and he's built like fort knox, but i don't know how successful he'll be... thoughts

you're right it is on going so bring it back to life whenever you can. forget about the flack people around here give for bringing up an old thread...if there's something you want to talk about in a thread, bring it back to life!

yes it will be.
Prediction:
GSP beats Serra
Serra fights/beats Hughes
Serra vs GSP for the tie breaker.

.. at least thats kind of what Im hoping for.
While I like Serra for the most part, he kinda started getting on my nerves a little during the Ultimate fighter. I couldnt believe he wouldnt corner his guy when the other fighter had a corner.
So I'd like to see him put in his place by GSP the first rematch.

I think if GSP beats Serra, Hughes will retire. If Serra wins and is champ again then I think Hughes will come back for one more fight.

Hard to say, but unless Serra is champ I dont see Hughes fighting again.

I was dying to see Sera V Hughes but GSP put on a clinic for Hughes man.

The heavyweight division seems to be lacking in depth man, Silvia V Noguiera for the Heavy Weight title, Randy Couture leaving was a surprise to me. I heard it was because Dana White lied to him about his salary etc.

George St-Pierre Destroying American fo a living !!!Awesome Fighter, A gentleman, Popular with the ladies..We, Quebecers are awesome !!!!

The heavyweight division seems to be lacking in depth man, Silvia V Noguiera for the Heavy Weight title, Randy Couture leaving was a surprise to me. I heard it was because Dana White lied to him about his salary etc.

Like Frank Shamrock said, UFC = U Fight Cheap

Back