UFC, etc.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The problem i read was that Randy's salary was lower than most of the locker room.. when he was World Champ thats why he walked out

The problem i read was that Randy's salary was lower than most of the locker room.. when he was World Champ thats why he walked out

There's definately that, plus he wants to fight Fedor and Fedor refused to sign a contract with the UFC. Fedor said in an interview on HDNet the other day he was amazed that any fighter would sign with them after he read the terms of the contract. Sign with the UFC and Dana White owns you.

There are lots of other organizations getting bigger and bigger, MMA is definately getting big. Check out WEC if you haven't there some really talented fighters there.

@Shai - GSP is definately an incredibly athletic and talented fighter - too bad he had to get on his knees on national tv and beg for a title shot.:monkey3

Well its Dana White's loss man because Randy is easily one of the BEST heavyweights in the world, the man is in his mid 40s and to still be in that condition and give Gabrielle Gonzaga the beat down he did is a testament to the man.

Look at how washed up Ken Shamrock is hes depleting with age, not Randy he only gets better with age.

Well its Dana White's loss man because Randy is easily one of the BEST heavyweights in the world, the man is in his mid 40s and to still be in that condition and give Gabrielle Gonzaga the beat down he did is a testament to the man.

Look at how washed up Ken Shamrock is hes depleting with age, not Randy he only gets better with age.

Yup, Randy is the Steve Nash of the UFC. But im happy that he will start cornering fighters at least.

One guy im watching is Tyson Griffin, one of Randy's young up and comers. all his fights are exciting to watch, he can knock you out with one punch or he can submit you just as easily

There are lots of other organizations getting bigger and bigger, MMA is definately getting big. Check out WEC if you haven't there some really talented fighters there.

Some people may not know that WEC is also owned by Zuffa which also owns UFC. Zuffa still pretty much has all the major MMA market cornered.

Urijah Faber, the WEC Featherweight Champ, is incredibly fun to watch. He is very talented.

Wow. Glad I found this thread I'm a Big UFC fan.

It seems Pride is back somewhat, the Yarennoka show which Fedor just fought in had alot of Pride Fighters and was run by Former Pride execs.

The last UFC was ok, would like to see more rounds, Chuck vs Silvia seemed too short, GSP was a no brainer.

The fight I'm looking foward to is Anderson Silva vs Dan Henderson UFC 82

Yeah that'll be an awesome fight and a real test for Silva.

Right now he seems to be the best fighter in the UFC IMO, but we'll see

It seems Pride is back somewhat, the Yarennoka show which Fedor just fought in had alot of Pride Fighters and was run by Former Pride execs.

Yeah that was a pretty good show. The Japanese are such huge martial arts fans that there is know way they are going to let the UFC swallowing up Pride ruin their fun.

Too many problems with the UFC lately. 3 interim titles for various reasons, and I honestly don't have much interest in the next two pay per views.

The last UFC was ok, would like to see more rounds, Chuck vs Silvia seemed too short, GSP was a no brainer.

One crazy fight is gonna be Joe Stevenson V BJ Penn

I dont know.
But Im sure i'll be watching it on the next PPV. Im always reluctant to think anyone who's been in pro wrestling can hold up in the Octagon, but who knows,

I do know I loved watching hughes get beat down by GSP again the other night
Almost as much as I loved watching Melvin Guillard tap for the 2nd time in a row. :lol

YOu have to remember; Lesner was a 2x National Champion Wrestler for Minnesota, so he knows his takedowns. I'm sure they will feed him a couple of fish to build him up for the title (just like Cro Cop; but he lost to one of his fish).

Love GSP and loved him destroying Matt "the ******" hughes; [I was impressed by his performance] in dirty french accent

I don't know about that, I think Penn is goign to destroy him. At lightweight, don't see anybody beating Penn.

Urijah Faber, the WEC Featherweight Champ, is incredibly fun to watch. He is very talented.

:rock:rock:rock:rock Urijah was my wrestling coach for a while, the guy's freaking great.

Anybody a little upset that Henderson gets two titles shots in a row? kinda seems unfair

Last edited:
Well if you know Joe Stevenson the guy is one of the best ground fighters in the UFC. Matt Hughes trained him on TUF season 2 and this guy is a freak of nature.
I dont think at all it will be a one sided fight, BJ Penn is also a monster so im looking forward to it

TUF season 2 really made me hate Hughes he seemed really arrogant and didnt care much for his fighters, but when he cornered Rashard Evans i kinda understood why he was such a hard ass on his fighters, but still i think hes arrogant

My most anticipated fight for the next few pay per views is definitely to see BJ Penn represent Hawaii and embarrass Stevenson.

I think Penn is one of the best fighters in the UFC as well. He's made of freakin rubber.

his only fault is he has passed up finishing moves/submissions that could have ended the fight in lieu of beating on his opponent more. he lost to Hughes by doing that, and he did the same thing when fighting Pulver, but you knew he wasnt going to lose that fight because of it

My most anticipated fight for the next few pay per views is definitely to see BJ Penn represent Hawaii and embarrass Stevenson.

You ain't lying. I think it is kind of funny, you see BJ Penn on the Ultimate Fighter and he seems real reserved but when he gets in the Octagon he is like a killing machine.

On the Brock Lesner front I think when he starts out he will be like Dan Severn or Marc Coleman, more into take downs and punches, ground and pound. But as he gets more experience he will start learning the more complicated submissions. That is, if he doesn't start losing right out of the gate.

You ain't lying. I think it is kind of funny, you see BJ Penn on the Ultimate Fighter and he seems real reserved but when he gets in the Octagon he is like a killing machine.

On the Brock Lesner front I think when he starts out he will be like Dan Severn or Marc Coleman, more into take downs and punches, ground and pound. But as he gets more experience he will start learning the more complicated submissions. That is, if he doesn't start losing right out of the gate.

Pretty much what I think as well. I love to watch The Beast fight and he's pretty much Brock Lesnar. BUT, I did see a couple of fights where Lesner did a takedown straight to submission; so it should be interesting to see him fight against the elite hwys

Assuming he shows up trained and in shape. He gassed pretty bad against Matt Hughes and looked pretty bad gettislapped around while tied up in that crucifix hold. He seemed to have learned his lesson and made real short work of Jens Pulver though. I'd love to see Joe S. ground and pound him into next week.

Assuming he shows up trained and in shape. He gassed pretty bad against Matt Hughes and looked pretty bad gettislapped around while tied up in that crucifix hold. He seemed to have learned his lesson and made real short work of Jens Pulver though. I'd love to see Joe S. ground and pound him into next week.

Against Matt Hughes, Penn broke a rib and it was poking his lung; might cause me to gas a little bit

You realize that Penn is one of the best BJJ martial artists in the world? Ground and pound.......? Yeah, if you can ground and pound while you're unconscious or tapping out, maybe. :cool:

Back