UFC 2009 Undisputed game

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you knock him down do a quick step towards your opponent and press one of the punch buttons.

thanks i had been doing it but not really knowing how i was doing it and then i couldn't do it, i think i was walking towards them and punching and that was the problem.

i've come to realization that this game gives waaay too much credit to Brock Lesnar.

Just put it on harder difficulty (the demo) and keep getting owned by Shogun

How do i reverse when he's mounted me and i'm lying on my back? Keeps knockint me out from that position

rotate the right analog stick as fast you can or time it and push down on the right thumb stick as his fist is about to make contact. you can also push the right button to block and as he hits your gloves push down on the right thumb stick and try for a submission and if it doesn't work you'll at least have a chance to stand up. at least that's how i've done it, i'm sure there's more ways.

STRIKING
high strike (head)
X = left punch
Y = right punch
A = left leg
B = right leg
low strike (body or legs): hold LT + strike
strong strike: LS towards + strike, or strike while moving
strike types are dictacted by distance to your opponent (range). i.e. a punch becomes an elbow, a kick becomes a knee if inside close range
combos: string together strikes in succession. i.e.:
X,X - double jab combo
X,Y - left right combo
Y,X - right left combo
X, LS towards + Y - left jab, right hook
X,Y,B - left, right, bodykick combo
Flying strike while opponent is grounded (jumping punch in to guard): X or Y while stepping towards

defend high strikes: hold RB
defend low strikes: hold RT

major counter: hit your opponent during the beginning of their attack
minor counter: hit your opponent immediately after their attack
catch counter to clinch: RS up (high) with the right timing
catch counter to takedown: RS down (low) with the right timing

TAKEDOWN + CLINCH WORK:

right stick towards opponent: body clinch (double underhooks or over/under)
LB + RS towards: striking clinch (muay thai clinch or single collar tie)
LT + RS towards: takedown
struggle for the takedown: beat any button or rotate RS
hold back on RS: grapple block
when in muay thai clinch, offensive: RS U/D/L/R + knee: muay thai whip and knee
when in muay thai clinch, defensive: block with RB (head) or RT (low), escape with RS opposite (rotate works well)
when in body clinch, offensive: LB + RS U/D/L/R: throw
when in body clinch, defensive: RS any direction to defend a weak throw, RS opposite to defend strong throw
when in body clinch: RS towards/away: work underhooks or escape (transitions in the clinch)

TRANSITION
sweeping rotations on the RS initiate transitions on the ground. i.e. a "Street Fighter fireball motion" of down, down-left, left.
minor transitions: start by pressing up or down and sweep clockwise or counter-clockwise on RS
example: down, down-left, left
major transitions start by pressing at a 45-degree angle (down-left or down-right for example) and sweep clockwise or counter-clockwise on RS
example: down-left, down, down-right, right, up-right
minor transition = less position gain, less chance of reversal
major transition = more position gain, more chance of reversal
transition block: hold RS opposite (forwards or back)
attempt reversal: flick RS opposite (forwards or back)
stand out of advantage ground position (stand out of someone's guard): press in on LS
escape clinch: strike your way out repeatedly, or move out with the left stick
escape from your back with opponent standing: RS up, down or back
stand up then attempt a takedown: hold LT + RS forward

SUBMISSION
press in right stick with the right timing on a counter-strike to attempt a submission
then beat any button or rotate RS to finish the submission
brute force escape a sub attempt: throw strikes in rapid succession
technical escape a sub attempt: rotate RS clockwise

Legend:

LS = Left Stick
LT = Left Trigger (L2 on a PS3)
LB = Left Bumper (above the trigger, L1 on a PS3)
RS = Right Stick
RT = Right Trigger (L2 on a PS3)
RB = Right Bumper (above the trigger, L1 on a PS3)

The tutorial mode is extremely helpful for getting the basics down. you should go through it once or twice.

:lol me to, it is deadly. I am finding it really hard to do a submission, I havnt submitted anyone yet :( any tips?

Just got my blue belt. I'm loving this game. only a few submission away from getting the ranked sub achievement. :banana

The tutorial mode is extremely helpful for getting the basics down. you should go through it once or twice.

Yeah done it a few times, was just a bit taken back by the jump in difficulty, from just one step up. Dread to think what expert is like :lol

How do you do the submissions!!!

On the 360 you just click the RS to start the sub then just rotate it in a circle till the tap out.

My sub off is 101 so I get the sub win 9 out of 10 times I go for it.

Damn. My highest stat is 55.:eek: ...but I'm only 10-0.

What's the best way to get stats up? Nothing but sparing with rest in between?

When I get 13-9 weeks before a fight I spar every other week except camp weeks.

When its only seven weeks or so I train intense atleast twice and try to fit in a camp.

I've been playing it at a buddy's house and we are a combined 77-13 in ranked matches, which I think is pretty good.

Disappointing things is that the game totally nerfed Keith Jardine and Mirko Cro Cop; they are MUCH better than the games put them out.

I've been playing it at a buddy's house and we are a combined 77-13 in ranked matches, which I think is pretty good.

Disappointing things is that the game totally nerfed Keith Jardine and Mirko Cro Cop; they are MUCH better than the games put them out.

can`t remember about Jardine but Cro Cop have good leg kicks,the rest is nothing impressive,and what we have seen of him in the ufc he doesn`t deserve better imo.

Back