UFC 2009 Undisputed game

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been playing for a couple of hours. Career mode with a create a fighter is really fun, but my opponents are starting to become difficult. I'm playing on the default difficulty setting. Seems harder than the demo to me, and that's with a good fighter.

I didn`t expect this game before friday,but a local store got it here on tuesday so i got it yesterday.

Too bad most of the fighters has that "Create a fighter" look,fighters like Tyson Griffin,Irwin,Stephan Bonner and many more.

career mode is kind of boring when youre on top....i have the middleweight belt now and have been fighting the same 4 or 5 fighters every event....silva, maia, franklin, leites, etc.

Too bad there isnt an option to fight in a higher weight class when you go on a big win streak as the champ.

i tried career mode yesterday and my style is Kickboxing/BJJ,it starts to piss me off that i have fought 12 matches and ranked 5 and still no superman punch,no submissions,no rubber guard(which is why i choose BJJ so i could flip my opponent around and mount him).

Is this something you have to unlock?If so when?!?!?!

i tried career mode yesterday and my style is Kickboxing/BJJ,it starts to piss me off that i have fought 12 matches and ranked 5 and still no superman punch,no submissions,no rubber guard(which is why i choose BJJ so i could flip my opponent around and mount him).

Is this something you have to unlock?If so when?!?!?!

lol, you have to go to the training camps to build up your skill level for each specialty area. I got superman punch after kickboxing camp level 2 i think. You typically schedule one camp session per fight prep time.

ah i didn`t understand that i actually had to choose action when the day came.Wasted so much time:duh

I'm still having trouble getting someone in the rear naked choke....any tips or advice?

I'm still having trouble getting someone in the rear naked choke....any tips or advice?

not too sure, but im thinking you have to get them pretty worn out. especially at higher cpu levels.

Diminish their stamina bar as much as you can, then get it to all yellow if possible. Took me awhile to understand the stamina/energy bar and how it works.

my middleweight is kickboxer/wrestler. He's a beast with stand-up striking, and im slowly building up his stats for effective ground and pound now.

Thx bro. I'll try wearing the CPU's stamina down with body shots to set it up.

Thx bro. I'll try wearing the CPU's stamina down with body shots to set it up.

Another trick I found. take an offensive ground position, preferably full mount, and let your opponent try to roll over, but flick or hold the right stick to the right which will pull him back to full mount. every time they try to escape but you stop them, they get more and more fatigued while you don't.

Another trick I found. take an offensive ground position, preferably full mount, and let your opponent try to roll over, but flick or hold the right stick to the right which will pull him back to full mount. every time they try to escape but you stop them, they get more and more fatigued while you don't.

I'll try that thanks bro.

I'm a 10-0 and just won the light heavyweight belt. Anyone know what you have to do to make the hall of fame?

ah i didn`t understand that i actually had to choose action when the day came.Wasted so much time:duh

I did the same thing. Maybe next time I'll read the directions. :lol

I am really amazed at the subtleties and complexities in this game. I think I played for about 4 hours last night in career mode and am 8 and 1. Houston Alexander knocked me out in the end of the second round. Lucky counter punch. :banghead

I'm doing ok with transitions on the ground, but haven't pulled off any submissions, though I set my fighter up as a boxer / wrestler, so I guess that has a lot to do with it.

I want to see some of these pay per views events they email you too! Some great match ups. Are they totally random? Some of the fight results seem a bit ridiculous though.

....and no Randy Couture!?!?! I'm not surprised, but totally disappointed.

Also I read somewhere the Tapout guys were a downloadable exclusive if you pre-ordered from gamestop or somewhere - anyone get them? I'm curious to see how they're used in the game - they don't fight in the game right?

The online for this game is becoming a joke with all the rage quitters. I've lost 4 ranked wins already. :mad:

Back