Tyrion Lannister Game of Thrones figure - A.k.A. Impin ain't easy!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clayed

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Project to make a Tyrion Game of Thrones figure

when he's done he'll have real tailored clothes, with removable armour and stand about 8 to 10 inches and cast in plaster/ or jesmonite resin. And if I pull off the hair plug idea he'll also have real hair

Sculpey clay head
tyrion_lannister_sculpt_by_clayedarts-d546yt3.jpg

54c15a88e3bded58a0d0698e4ff99311-d546ynv.jpg

this was probably after a dozen previous attempts at a likeness

took the hair off and decided to have a go at some hair plugs
(if I pull it off - may have to return to the original idea of giving him sculptured hair if he just ends up looking like a Barbie!)
tyrion_lannister_game_of_thrones_sculpt_by_clayedarts-d546z56.jpg

armour still have to add the small lion head icon
1607f5693650b4caac17bb34831ca61d-d546z16.jpg

the hit and miss failed attempts
b199a0324da31086c406fa826816e9dd-d546yfi.jpg

any ideas for who to sculpt next welcome

That's actually pretty cool. I think your first pic is a bit closer, the second pic, the tip of his nose looks too bulbous.

Are you going to use one of the Hobbit bodies??

wanted to do this bash since the first season. Tyrion is the best character period. would love to see the final sculpt. I personally think sculpted hair would be the best for him since its not that long of hair. will you be offering these? i'd definitely be interested in an entire set.

That's actually pretty cool. I think your first pic is a bit closer, the second pic, the tip of his nose looks too bulbous.

Are you going to use one of the Hobbit bodies??

ah cheers, I'm going to sculpt a rough torso shape to hang the clothes on and wire extensions for the arms and boots I've still yet to make. The clothes should cover the whole body structure hide the wiring.

Last edited:
wanted to do this bash since the first season. Tyrion is the best character period. would love to see the final sculpt. I personally think sculpted hair would be the best for him since its not that long of hair. will you be offering these? i'd definitely be interested in an entire set.

you're probably right but the wife taught me how to create tiny curls on straight hair extensions by twisting/braiding and then boiling so it holds - if I can't pull it off I'll go back to plan a of sculpted hair.

if its good enough and I'm happy with the end result I'll definetly offer some up for sale

Last edited:
cheers for the kind comments I realise how far I have to go looking at the talent on display here.

It was seeing sculpts which linked back to this forum which inspired me to have a go with sculpting stuff

I'm kind of hoping signing up here some of the talent and tips will rub off on me like osmosis

also having a go at Hp Lovecraft (one in teh middle) and some characters from my paintings
clay_heads__hp_lovecraft_in_middle__by_clayedarts-d5473lb.jpg

Failed hair plug idea using plaster casts from a mold of the orginal sculpt with different back pieces for the hair
hair_test_by_clayedarts-d57gag2.jpg

had to go back to the orginal sculpt and add some clay hair :
82dfa11e64c772a6a1e0e34c763fd6b5-d57g4h0.jpg

next stage - making the body and clothes

Last edited:
looks great!! btw when you sculpt a head do you put something inside the sculpy like tin foil or something?

That is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tyrion is one if the BEST characters in GoT. Amazing work, and I can't to see more!
aadd8c70.jpg
:rock

This series is one of my favorites, It really looks amazing, like the real person.
Congratulations on the excellent work!

looks great!! btw when you sculpt a head do you put something inside the sculpy like tin foil or something?

I did at first to save money on clay rather than anything else, but I found I had so much trouble trying to get his likeness frequent resculpts just meant I used a big lump in the end

Very nice! I love your style, it's got a very smooth animated look to it. What material do you use to sculpt in? Is it Sculpey or something else?

Finally finished him:
c8841bfe802f13428517bc885e773a6a-d5akcy0.jpg

PM or email me if you want a full finished figure
thought I'd sell them for £20
(EDIT: gonna need to shorten that neck I think)
tyrion_lannister_game_of_thrones_figure_by_clayedarts-d5e1ecy.jpg

few more in the production line:
tyrion_lannister_heads_by_clayedarts-d5akegm.jpg

Last edited:
Back