TWO TOWERS SOUNDTRACK -NOV. 7!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gtb said:
So which one is it?? And for FOTR recording there is also this pdf file which you can download somewhere right?? I have it printed in full coloured and laminated!!

Anyone with any idea where is this can be found for the TTT??

That PDF is great, and there will almost certainly be another one released for TTT, probably a few days after November 7th. It will be a free download at https://www.lordoftherings-soundtrack.com/.

Also, the PDF and fantastic liner notes are being provided by Doug Adams, and they are an edited/scaled down version of a larger book he is writing called "The Music of the Lord of the Rings Trilogy" (or something close to that) which will be published next year close to the release of the ROTK complete recordings. So if you like the information in the liner notes and the PDF download, pick up that book when it is released. It is also going to have some bonus multimedia content--probably a disc with previously unreleased outtakes and bonus tracks that don't get included in any of the three complete recordings packages. I'll be getting myself a copy, that's for sure. Any LOTR fan would enjoy it, but if you have even a slight amount of musical training and particularly if you can read music, then it will be a fantastic companion to the complete scores.

tomandshell said:
That PDF is great, and there will almost certainly be another one released for TTT, probably a few days after November 7th. It will be a free download at https://www.lordoftherings-soundtrack.com/.

Also, the PDF and fantastic liner notes are being provided by Doug Adams, and they are an edited/scaled down version of a larger book he is writing called "The Music of the Lord of the Rings Trilogy" (or something close to that) which will be published next year close to the release of the ROTK complete recordings. So if you like the information in the liner notes and the PDF download, pick up that book when it is released. It is also going to have some bonus multimedia content--probably a disc with previously unreleased outtakes and bonus tracks that don't get included in any of the three complete recordings packages. I'll be getting myself a copy, that's for sure. Any LOTR fan would enjoy it, but if you have even a slight amount of musical training and particularly if you can read music, then it will be a fantastic companion to the complete scores.

I didn't know about the book!!! Its so great!! Please help to post here.. when it is out for pre-order!! Thats great!!!

gtb said:
I didn't know about the book!!! Its so great!! Please help to post here.. when it is out for pre-order!! Thats great!!! Where did you get that information??

Well, I was wrong about the title after all!!!

It's going to be:

3. Theoden King (feat. "The Funeral of Theodred" performed by Miranda Otto) 6:12
And the book isn't up for preorder yet, but Doug Adams regularly posts on the moviemusic.com message boards and gives little updates. Many of the reviews of the FOTR set made reference to his upcoming book. It won't be published until later next year, probably in the fall to coincide with the release of the ROTK complete recordings.

Also, the TTT complete recordings package is up to #134 on the Amazon best-seller list, which is pretty good out of the thousands and thousands of albums they sell. That adds up to a LOT of people spending $68.49 on this thing. Maybe if it hits the top 100 they will discount it even further.

tomandshell said:
What do you know--they have increased the discount to 20%. Total cost is now $60.99 shipped. Order it now, everybody!!!

holy crap....buy for $60, or have friend burn for free ? though decisions here...

I am thinking of possibly purchasing the internet exclusives editions of TTT and ROTK soundtrack. If they are still available at a reasonable price. Anyone knows where I may find them?

i do not mean the normal limited edition leatherette ones.

congerking said:
holy crap....buy for $60, or have friend burn for free ? though decisions here...

If I knew someone else who was going to buy it I might be facing the same dillemma. But I might be the only guy in town with the FOTR set...

noelleon69 said:
I am thinking of possibly purchasing the internet exclusives editions of TTT and ROTK soundtrack. If they are still available at a reasonable price. Anyone knows where I may find them?

Dang! I gave away mine last year. Decided I didn't need both copies and kept the regular color limited editions and passed on the brown internet covers to a good home. Good luck in your search!!

noelleon69 said:

Noel, i think you can get it from one of the links when you pop in your soundtrack CD into the PC...there is this internet exclusive thingy... and there is a link to it...its Reprise records, I think, I used to order one... but then I returned after it arrives.. its too expensive (at that time for me)... nearly a 100SGD..you know?? after the shipping... the really exclusive thing is the extra online cards... something which I can't keep... but anyway its good to have..

gtb said:
Noel, i think you can get it from one of the links when you pop in your soundtrack CD into the PC...there is this internet exclusive thingy... and there is a link to it...its Reprise records, I think, I used to order one... but then I returned after it arrives.. its too expensive (at that time for me)... nearly a 100SGD..you know?? after the shipping... the really exclusive thing is the extra online cards... something which I can't keep... but anyway its good to have..

i have an extra ROTK intenet exclusive CD if you need one. pm me.

congerking said:

That's just silly.
Why not just recast all of your statues at the same time...

Just found this whilst trawling the net!.
The track listings for all three discs!!. So to all those who were wondering if Eowyn's song at the funeral of Theodred is included.....i can confirm that it surely is!.It's part of track 3 (Theoden King) on disc 2.
I can't wait for this to be released now!. I know that i'm going to play these 4 discs to death!.

THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE TWO TOWERS - THE COMPLETE RECORDINGS

Disc 1
1. Glamdring 3:50
2. Elven Rope 2:19
3. Lost in Emym Buil 4:14
4. My Precious 2:56
5. Uglik's Warriors 1:41
6. The Three Hunters 6:12
7. The Banishment of Eomer 3:54
8. Night Camp 2:50
9. The Plains of Rohan 4:14
10. Fangorn 5:13
11. The Dead Marshes 5:07
12. "Wraiths on Wings" 2:07
13. Gandalf the White 6:47
14. The Dream of Trees 1:54
15. The Heir of Numenor 6:50
16. Ent-draught 2:53
Total Time: 63:01

Disc 2
1. Edoras 4:34
2. The Court of Meduseld 3:10
3. Theoden King (feat. "The Funeral of Theodred" performed by Miranda
Otto) 6:12
4. The King's Decision 2:07
5. Exodus of Edoras 5:42
6. The Forests of Ithilien 6:37
7. One of the Dunedain (feat. "Evenstar" performed by Isabel
Bayrakdarian) 7:13
8. The Wolves of Isengard 4:22
9. Refuge at Helm's Deep 3:59
10. The Voice of Saruman 1:11
11. Arwen's Fate (feat. "The Grace of the Valar" performed by Sheila
Chandra) 3:58
12. The Story Foretold 3:58
13. Sons of the Steward 6:02
14. Rock and Pool 2:54
15. Faramir's Good Council 2:20
Total Time: 64:19

Disc 3
1. Aragorn's Return 2:11
2. War is Upon Us 3:35
3. "Where is the Horse and the Rider?" 6:15
4. The Host of the Eldar 2:50
5. The Battle of the Hornburg 2:52
6. The Breach of the Deeping Wall 3:03
7. The Entmoot Decides 2:06
8. Retreat (feat. "Haldir's Lament" performed by Elizabeth Fraser) 4:40
9. Master Peregrin's Plan 2:31
10. The Last March of the Ents (feat. Ben Del Maestro) 2:31
11. The Nazgul Attack 2:45
12. Theoden Rides Forth (feat. Ben Del Maestro) 5:47
13. The Tales That Really Matter 12:01
14. "Long Ways to Go Yet" (feat. "Gollum's Song" performed by Emiliana
Torrini) 8:05
Total Time: 61:12

Grand Total Time: 3:08:12

Wowww!!!. Three hours and eight minutes of pure escapism and joy!!.

Wow.... I really hope one day Howard Shore can come to my country for the live performance...

Back