CONTEST - TRON lovers! Win a 2 record blue vinyl new release of the soundtrack!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
CONTEST CLOSED! Winner notified! But you can still get a 20% discount on the record set! Use the code TRON2014 when checking out and get 20% off. This code is only effective for one month - so get your orders in now!

Disney’s TRON - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack -Wendy Carlos
Contest details at the end of the article
Double LP - two 180g translucent blue vinyl records

TRON-fb150.jpg

TRON_LPdiscMockup.jpg

Disney's video game crossover movie TRON was a notable landmark in the synthesis of electronic and traditional orchestral music. Wendy Carlos created a brilliant orchestral recording with symphonic backgrounds by the London Philharmonic Orchestra and the UCLA Chorus which was later enhanced and upgraded with an electronic score. The result is an impressive soundscape that successfully and seamlessly fuses organic and electronic music.

The multi-Grammy award winning Wendy Carlos best-known for her popular “Switched on Bach,” series of albums also composed and performed on the soundtracks of two Stanley Kubrick cinema masterpieces, “A Clockwork Orange” and “The Shining.”

The distinctive gatefold jacket holds two 180g translucent blue vinyl records and includes colorful photos from the popular cult film as well as generous and informative liner notes written by the composer as well as music maven, Michael Fremer who, at the time, served as the film's soundtrack supervisor. Fremer also oversaw the Audio Fidelity mastering by Kevin Gray at Cohearent Audio.
tronBlue3.jpg

The TRON soundtrack has two additional tracks ("Only Solutions” and the rock guitar-driven instrumental, "1990's Theme") provided by Journey, one of America's best selling and most beloved bands.

Gatefold package includes:
<> Colorful photos
<> Extensive liner notes

tron.jpg

– Wendy Carlos - Double-LP

Audio Fidelity is proud to announce the release of Disney’s TRON Original Motion Picture Soundtrack. The 1982 film score was composed, performed and produced by the pioneer electronic musician, Wendy Carlos.

The Audio Fidelity release will contain two 180g translucent blue vinyl records packaged in a distinctive gatefold jacket. The album includes colorful photos from the popular cult film and generous and informative liner notes written by the composer as well as music maven, Michael Fremer. The album was mastered by Kevin Gray at Cohearent Audio.

Disney's video game crossover movie TRON was a notable landmark in the synthesis of electronic and traditional orchestral music. Carlos created a brilliant orchestral recording with symphonic backgrounds by the London Philharmonic Orchestra and the UCLA Chorus which was later enhanced and upgraded with an electronic score. The result is an impressive soundscape that successfully and seamlessly fuses organic and electronic music.

The multi-Grammy award winning Wendy Carlos best-known for her popular “Switched on Bach,” series of albums also composed and performed on the soundtracks of two Stanley Kubrick cinema masterpieces, “A Clockwork Orange” and “The Shining.”

The TRON album includes two songs ("Only Solutions” and the rock guitar-driven instrumental, "1990's Theme") performed by Journey, one of America's best selling and most beloved bands.

Check out other CDs and vinyl reproducing the highest level of audio fidelity from audiofidelity.net/

SIDE 1
1-Creation Of TRON
2-Only Solutions - Journey
3-We've Got Company
4-Wormhole
5-Ring Game And Escape
6-Water, Music, And Tronaction

SIDE 2
1-TRON Scherzo
2-Miracle and Magician
3-Magic Landings
4-Theme From TRON
5-1990's Theme - Journey
6-Love Theme

SIDE 3 - Revised
1-Tower Music - Let Us Pray
2-The Light Sailor
3-Sea Of Simulation

SIDE 4 - Revised
1-A New TRON And The MCP
2-Anthem
3-Ending Titles

Catalog #: AFZLP2 177
UPC #: 780014217716
SRP: $49.99

HOW TO WIN ONE OF THESE FOR YOUR VERY OWN?
Email to [email protected] with "TRON contest" in the subject line.
Tell me your board username, your real name and name one of the tracks from this new release. Five members will win their very own copy - free including shipping!

DEADLINE IS AUGUST 10 AT 11:59 PM PST.

Last edited:
Very cool! I've had this on pre-order and it keeps getting moved out. But it should be out VERY soon!

Can't resist Vinyl, can't resist Tron. I never ever enter competitions but I will this time. This looks brilliant!
Thanks for posting competition (and letting me know about this release)!

:rock

wow, how could I ever miss this LP pre-order? Shame on me! Really hope we win so I can still add this release to our collection. Love TRON and LPs :D thank you for the opportunity :D

Oooooh I would love this for my TRON collection. I'm in!!! :rock

WOW! How did I miss this! Thank you for the contest Dave, Only Solutions has been one of my favorite tunes from Journey ever since I used to play the bits out of it from the original VHS release.

Back