PHICEN Limited | Eartha Kitt: Femme Fatale | PL-2014-57

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeltaForceChung

BANNED
Reaction score
See subject.

PHICEN Limited | 1:6 Scale Action Doll | Eartha Kitt: Femme Fatale | PL-2014-57

Eartha Mae Kitt was an international star who performed in film, theater, cabaret, music and on television. Ms. Kitt was one of the rare talents nominated for a Tony (three times), the Grammy (twice), and Emmy Award (twice). Her Broadway stardom led to recording best-selling records including “Love for Sale”, “I Want to Be Evil”, “Santa Baby” and “Folk Tales of the Tribes of Africa” which earned her a Grammy nomination. Singing in ten different languages, Ms. Kitt performed in over 100 countries and honored with a star on “The Hollywood Walk of Fame” in 1960. In 1966, she received an Emmy nomination for her role in the series, “I Spy”. In 1967, Ms. Kitt made an indelible mark on pop culture as the infamous “Catwoman” in the television series “Batman.” She immediately became synonymous with the role and her trademark growl became imitated worldwide. Ms. Kitt’s distinctive voice enchanted young fans as YZMA, the villain in Disney’s animated feature “The Emperor’s New Groove” and its sequel as well as the subsequent cartoon series for which she won Emmy and Annie awards.

PARTS LIST:

• Ankle Boots (1 Pair)
  • Baby Tiger
  • Belt
  • Eyeshade
  • Figure Base
  • Four Color Packaging
  • Head Sculpt
  • Interchangeable Claw Hands (3 Pairs)
  • PHICEN Seamless Female Figure Body w/ Plastic Armature
  • Removable Sleevelets (1 Pair)
  • Tight Jumpsuit

The MSRP is approximately $150.00 USD.

The release date is approximately 4TH QTR 2016.

--

1.jpg

10.JPG

11.JPG

12.JPG

13.JPG

14.jpg

15.JPG

16.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

hmmmmmm. its decent enough, but the face sculpt is lacking a little, and from past experience, tricky phicen outfits can be a complete ***** to change/remove, i'm looking at her hands and how the gloves go inbetween her fingers and im wondering if its going to be a nightmare replacing the hands on this thing.

i love all things catwomna but i think i'll pass on this.

I saw the Julie Newmar first, and based on that this one is pretty good. It looks a lot like Eartha Kit. With improved paint I think it might be very good.

Of course of the three figures just announce the only one I would have been interested in was the Julie Newmar. Not sure they didn't accidentally do Lee Merrwether by mistake. Or maybe Edward G. Robinson. Tough to say who they had in mind. Phicen won't be eating into my action figure budget on these new "Bativerse 66" releases.

She is NOT good. This is terrible. I cannot believe this is what they put out for two iconic '60's actresses that paved the way for the Femme Fatale comic characters we know today.

This is a seriously fugly sculpt. I cannot believe how badly they made both of these characters.

They didn't even get her mask or her cat right!

catwoman2.jpg
eartha_kitt_08_454103a.jpg
Eartha_Kitt_Catwoman_Batman_1967.jpg

This is definitely better than Newmar, but man, what a disappointing line. I'd love to have a TV Catwoman to go with my HT Batman and Robin, but neither of these are going to be it.

I never liked the Eartha Kitt Catwoman. Of the three actresses who played her Newmar is easily the best.

If I had to guess they got Kitt/Newmar rights but not '66 Batman rights hence the generic-ness of the outfits...

She is NOT good. This is terrible. I cannot believe this is what they put out for two iconic '60's actresses that paved the way for the Femme Fatale comic characters we know today.

This is a seriously fugly sculpt. I cannot believe how badly they made both of these characters.

They didn't even get her mask or her cat right!

Honestly the Adam West is the best of the three. The tuxedo and slacks/sports coat outfit look like something that Bruce Wayne would have worn on the 66 series. The head sculpt on that one isn't perfect but it's at least closer than the one for Kitt or Newmar.

Honestly the Adam West is the best of the three. The tuxedo and slacks/sports coat outfit look like something that Bruce Wayne would have worn on the 66 series. The head sculpt on that one isn't perfect but it's at least closer than the one for Kitt or Newmar.

Agreed. The West isn't that bad (although it's pricey considering it's not officially Batman), especially now that we've seen these abominations. But I would totally be down for a Burt Ward not-Grayson. Just need a red Batphone to complete the look :)

Sculpt is at least recognizable as Eartha Kitt... but what the **** is up the made up outfit and weird mask? If you can't make a figure due to licensing issues, then don't half ass a release like this :lol

The thing I fear is that these will sell so poorly that companies may jump to the conclusion that the '66 Batman is a poor sell seller and not produce any new merchandise for the license.

The thing I fear is that these will sell so poorly that companies may jump to the conclusion that the '66 Batman is a poor sell seller and not produce any new merchandise for the license.

ump.jpg

In all seriousness...no need to jump anywhere since HT '66 Batman proved they are not great sellers...

Phicen needs to just go back to making bodies with head sculpts that have no likeness to any actress. That's where their best work is done.

:lecture:goodpost: Funny how when they're NOT trying to do a licensed HS, they manage to pull it off (like the Shi/Ziyi Zhang sculpt), but when they try... they make this horrible thing (and the equally horrible Julie Newmar).

Back