TWO TOWERS SOUNDTRACK -NOV. 7!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dayhiker

Freaked Out
Reaction score
FROM HOWARD SHORE.COM:

THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE TWO TOWERS
THE COMPLETE RECORDINGS

SET FOR RELEASE November 7, 2006

Available For The First Time!

Howard Shore’s complete Grammy-winning score for The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, from the epic film trilogy The Lord of the Rings, will be available in a deluxe four-disc edition from Reprise/WMG Soundtracks on November 7, 2006.

This historic release contains over 180 minutes of music on three CDs, comprising the full score of the 2002 film, composed by Howard Shore. The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, The Complete Recordings marks the second edition of the three complete recording releases of the film trilogy whose score has been honored with three Academy Awards, four Grammy Awards and two Golden Globe Awards, and which has sold over 6 million copies worldwide. This deluxe set also includes exclusive new artwork, packaging, extensive liner notes written by Doug Adams, and “Gollum’s Song” performed by Emiliana Torrini.

Composed for symphony orchestra and choir, The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, The Complete Recordings was performed by London Philharmonic Orchestra, The London Voices, The London Oratory School Schola featuring vocal performances by Emiliana Torrini, Isabel Bayrakdarian, Sheila Chandra, Elizabeth Fraser, Ben Del Maestro and cast member Miranda Otto.

The fourth disc is a DVD-Audio presenting the entire The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, The Complete Recordings in 5.1 Surround Sound.

The boxed set for the complete recordings of the first film, The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring – The Complete Recordings, was released on December 13, 2005 . It spent months in Amazon.com’s top 100 Sales Ranking, and garnered some of the best reviews of the year. “For fans of any of The Lord of the Rings films, The Fellowship of the Ring/Complete Recordings is an essential experience,” Heather Phares, All Music Guide. “The Complete Recordings is last year’s most important archival soundtrack release, expanding and preserving one of the finest and most significant recent scores in all of film music. Shore’s Lord Of The Rings trilogy is an operatic symphony that is among the finest musical accomplishments of the last half-century. The plethora of unreleased material on this beautifully packaged edition is mouth-watering at the least, and the sonic dynamic achieved on the surround sound DVD of the entire 180-minute score is simply astonishing. ” Randall Larson, Music From the Movies

Bring It On!! As I said on another board I love the FOTR one and I love the LOTR Theatrical Soundtracks!! It's like being back at the LOTR Symphony all over again!! Thanks for that again Tom!!

No problem--it was a fun night!

And thanks for this update!!! I have been waiting a while to get the official release date for the second LOTR complete recording package. The first one is definitely the finest soundtrack set I own, and each of the scores got progressively better, so I can't wait to get this one.

And the box art (why the hell the blue of gondor instead of the red of rohan?:confused: )

lotr-ttt-complete.jpg

dunedain said:
And the box art (why the hell the blue of gondor instead of the red of rohan?:confused: )

lotr-ttt-complete.jpg

The color scheme of the complete recording sets matches that of the "leatherette" collector's edition versions of the single disc original soundtrack releases. FOTR was red, TTT was blue, and ROTK was green.

lordoftherings2-limited.gif

Can't wait to see and hear this one! :cool:

The Fellowship Complete Recordings certainly set a new mark for Soundtracks (as did the EEs for DVDs), it is simply the best and most nicely packed Soundtrack I own.

tomandshell said:
The color scheme of the complete recording sets matches that of the "leatherette" collector's edition versions of the single disc original soundtrack releases. FOTR was red, TTT was blue, and ROTK was green.

Thanks for clearing it Tom. A red FOTR make's sense now:eek:

Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait!!!!

Actually I'll be even more excited when the ROTK EE soundtrack is released next year!

And why isn't there a dancing hobbit or dwarf or elf smilie? I'll just have to settle for dancing chewie instead.

:chew :chew :chew

tomandshell said:

Still don't understand why they have changed the color scheme from the DVDs (Fellowship: green, Two Towers: red, Return of the King: blue) - It would have looked very nice to have the EEs displayed next to the corresponding complete recordings in the same colors.

goliath said:
Still don't understand why they have changed the color scheme from the DVDs (Fellowship: green, Two Towers: red, Return of the King: blue) - It would have looked very nice to have the EEs displayed next to the corresponding complete recordings in the same colors.

I agree 100%. I would have also like to display both Movie and Soundtrack next to each other. It would have been nice to have a sense of parallelism in it. OH WELL, I loved the Fellowship Recordings and will love Two Towers Recordings as well. Whoever said it was like being at the LoTR Symphony hit the nail right on the head. LOVED that.

goliath said:

My theory: When the first limited soundtrack came out, it was one of the first pieces of promotional material released. The limited FOTR album was given a red leatherette cover either randomly, or to match the popular red leatherette slipcased hardcover edition of LOTR, or as a reference to the "Red Book of Westmarch" that Bilbo and Frodo wrote. There was not yet a color scheme decided upon by New Line as to how they would be marketing and color coding all of the eventual DVD sets. (The first film hadn't even opened in theaters yet.) When they ultimately decided upon the green/red/blue color scheme for the DVD release of the trilogy on both 2 and 4 disc sets, it was too late for the limited soundtracks to match. Having started with red for FOTR, they had to choose either green or blue for TTT. If they chose green then the first two films would be mismatched, saving blue for ROTK, which would have matched the DVDs. Doing it the way they did, the color scheme is completely switched around, instead of some matching the DVDs and some not. That bugs me less than having ROTK be the only one that matches, or having two reds and one blue.

I will be putting the complete recordings alongside the original limited edition soundtracks, so they will match in terms of color. But yes, if you put them alongside the DVDs the color order won't correspond.

What is perhaps an even better question is why when they were obviously so inspired by Alan Lee did they change the color of the books to the films.

FOTR - Blue

TTT - Red

ROTK - Green

:confused:

... and who shot JFK?

i was just about to ask the same questions on the colour scheme. i don't get why they cannot standardise them. I'm sure many would prefer the colour scheme to match those on the extended dvd sets. we saw the same colour scheme on other stuff like sideshow weta boxes.

i'm so used to it that i always felt a little strange when looking at the limited edition leatherette soundtracks. didn't know that the fotr leatherette soundtrack was released before the movie came out? did i read that correctly from tom's theory?

and from LOTRFan's post, i'm even more confused why since there was already a colour scheme set in that could have just been followed, but new line decided otherwise.

Caved and placed my order for the fellowship one. I love the scores on the films. Especially the one at amon hen when Lurtz walks down towards a heroic Boromir before the arrows get shot. I've got Lurtz on the brain since i got ma exclusive converted.

Will I regret buying this cos there pretty expensive (need some reassurance on this - ha ha)?

I'll get this but was looking at Amazon the other day and it was listed at full price with no discount. If they won't discount it I'll get it at best buy.

jlcmsu said:
I'll get this but was looking at Amazon the other day and it was listed at full price with no discount. If they won't discount it I'll get it at best buy.

It is listed with 10% discount now: Link

I don't know how that compares with Best Buy?

Back