Statue Tweeterhead - Harley Quinn

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered one from SS last night but put it on the three month payment plan. I really want to pair it with the Joker but that won't street until summer so I decided to be patient and wait a bit... for a change. :D

It's Wednesday for me also, cant wait to have her in hand!

For those who haven’t seen it on the other forum, here’s my unboxing and review. I didn’t realize it while unboxing, but my EX portrait cracked due to poor packaging.

..it made the statue "nearmint".. sorry, bad pun. Anyway, I hope you get the replacement part from Tweeterhead.. and I actually saw your review earlier today. Love it! thank you.

..it made the statue "nearmint".. sorry, bad pun. Anyway, I hope you get the replacement part from Tweeterhead.. and I actually saw your review earlier today. Love it! thank you.

Thanks. I emailed Tweeterhead on Friday about the EX head. I haven’t heard back yet, but I don’t blame them for taking the weekend off.

Thanks for the video, NM. From the video, the face paint apps, especially around the mask, seem a little rough...your thoughts?

Thanks for the video, NM. From the video, the face paint apps, especially around the mask, seem a little rough...your thoughts?

I thought the same, didnt seem to be perfect which it kinda needs to be to give the impression of a mask versus runny makeup. The black around the eyes looks uneven and the inside of where the mask is is sloppy as well.

I thought the same, didnt seem to be perfect which it kinda needs to be to give the impression of a mask versus runny makeup. The black around the eyes looks uneven and the inside of where the mask is is sloppy as well.

It definitely looks like a raised mask...

2_C7_B31_CA_E8_EA_41_CB_83_DB_4938726_BA098.jpg

5_A3_CC5_EA_011_C_459_C_AAD8_A91_D24_B98_D6_D.jpg

09_E2913_D_80_D2_497_C_AD69_5348_DC191_CCD.jpg

3249_CA66_FA66_4_E6_E_B650_4089148_F90_D6.jpg

Tweeterhead usually gives a stellar paint-job, but this Harley is a miss. For a $294, I would expect an expert paint-job. Some amateur without a steady hand or who masked it incorrectly messed it up.

Took some quick pics. Didn't really set up the light box right since I was in a rush, but they didn't turn out too bad. Overall, I really like the statue. The paint isn't perfect by any means, but from normal viewing distance she looks fantastic. I did have a chip on my Joker EX and a spot of red paint on the regular Harley head. The extra base is really solid and heavy, but I don't know if I'll ever use it--at least I won't with my current display since the statue is already pretty tall.

th harley ex full (683x1024).jpg

th harley ex half (683x1024).jpg

th harley ex head (683x1024).jpg

th harley ex joker (1024x683).jpg

th harley half (683x1024).jpg

th harley reg head (1024x683).jpg

th harley base (1024x683).jpg

th harley ex batman (683x1024).jpg

th harley big base ex (638x1024).jpg

th harley big base 2 (694x1024).jpg

th harley big base close (1024x672).jpg

I know some will say I am being hyperbolic but I am so glad I cancelled both this and the Joker after seeing the terrible paint apps. Just look at her suit, the face, the mask area, it looks rushed and not worth the near $300 they are asking. This is NOT how you want to start what was to me a very exciting lineup of 1/6 statues. They can keep every single one of them if they are going to be as inconsistent as this piece.

The pic you posted that is kinda close up reveals a lot of paint errors. Where the red meets the black its terribly uneven, the belt buckle is both missing paint and it spilled over to the belt itself, the mask paint job is atrocious, and these arent "nitpicks". There are more issues but if your solution is "well when looking at it from 6-8 feet away I dont see any problem" thats not acceptable. Plus most statues from a distance can appear to be quite great but for $300 as collectors we should expect more.

I know some will say I am being hyperbolic but I am so glad I cancelled both this and the Joker after seeing the terrible paint apps. Just look at her suit, the face, the mask area, it looks rushed and not worth the near $300 they are asking. This is NOT how you want to start what was to me a very exciting lineup of 1/6 statues. They can keep every single one of them if they are going to be as inconsistent as this piece.

The pic you posted that is kinda close up reveals a lot of paint errors. Where the red meets the black its terribly uneven, the belt buckle is both missing paint and it spilled over to the belt itself, the mask paint job is atrocious, and these arent "nitpicks". There are more issues but if your solution is "well when looking at it from 6-8 feet away I dont see any problem" thats not acceptable. Plus most statues from a distance can appear to be quite great but for $300 as collectors we should expect more.

I agree that from looking at those pics the paint app doesn't appear to be as precise as it should've been.

And I know this is a smaller scale collectable statue, but it's been quite a while since $300 has 'guaranteed' much of anything.

Even with Sideshows ever increasing pricing, a lot of collectors are already paying even higher prices by purchasing XM and Prime 1 pieces just to avoid what many see as paint and quality issues that many Sideshow pieces experience.

I'm really sorry to say this, but when the face paint app on the Batman & Joker dolls are better than on HQ... <whew>

TW kinda took a step back on the 1966 Joker, and this is very reminiscent of that statue, especially the eye work. I'm looking right now at the black Classic Batman above my desk, & the paint is super tight. I own many TW's and....<whew>

I agree that from looking at those pics the paint app doesn't appear to be as precise as it should've been.

And I know this is a smaller scale collectable statue, but it's been quite a while since $300 has 'guaranteed' much of anything.

Even with Sideshows ever increasing pricing, a lot of collectors are already paying even higher prices by purchasing XM and Prime 1 pieces just to avoid what many see as paint and quality issues that many Sideshow pieces experience.

Well, I'll have to politely disagree with you here. I have 6 or 7 of the DC Designer series statues, all ~ $150, and the paint apps are much better ...they even used translucent resin for the face paint app. The GG Spider-Man on a light pole, 1/8 scale, ~ $179....super tight. Heck, I just got 2 Ikon Collectibles New 52 Batman & Superman 1/6 statues from Popcultcha, sub $200 pieces....I won't say it. There's a lot of good paint work out there, smaller scale, and cheaper. TW should be delivering better. Would you want a sloppy "S" on that nice looking Superman they have planned?

QC is hard to come by now a days for sure, and while even at $300+ you can never be 100% certain the product you receive will be absolutely perfect. But like the poster said above me I have more often than not seen cheaper statues from various companies including the DC designer series or Kotobukiya that have MUCH better paint apps. It's not even like Harley is a complicated or busy paint scheme, it just looks extremely sloppy. Sure you can stand 6ft away and pretend the the multiple paint overlaps dont exist and straight lines appear straight instead of squiggly OR you can return the product cause it doesnt meet the proto shown and get your hard earned $300 back and wait for the inevitable next popular Harley statue to be made.

For the record, if YOU are happy with this piece then by no means am I saying you are a bad customer or dumb for hanging onto it, collect what makes you happy. I am just personally happy to have dipped out of this line and having always heard great things about TH I am surprised that their biggest and most anticipated new Super Powers line is starting off with such a shoddy QC job.

Well, I'll have to politely disagree with you here. I have 6 or 7 of the DC Designer series statues, all ~ $150, and the paint apps are much better ...they even used translucent resin for the face paint app. The GG Spider-Man on a light pole, 1/8 scale, ~ $179....super tight. Heck, I just got 2 Ikon Collectibles New 52 Batman & Superman 1/6 statues from Popcultcha, sub $200 pieces....I won't say it. There's a lot of good paint work out there, smaller scale, and cheaper. TW should be delivering better. Would you want a sloppy "S" on that nice looking Superman they have planned?

Yes you're right.

My point is simply that there are no guarantees no matter how much you spend on a piece.

You can spend $100 and you may get a perfect piece or spend $1000 and it could have plenty of issues.

I didn't know anyone got those statues from Ikon. I recently preordered something from them but I wasn't sure of their quality.

Back