Statue Tweeterhead - Harley Quinn

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now I’m nervous as mine arrives Friday. She’ll be jetpacking back to California If she arrives and the paint is sloppy.

Yes you're right.

My point is simply that there are no guarantees no matter how much you spend on a piece.

You can spend $100 and you may get a perfect piece or spend $1000 and it could have plenty of issues.

I didn't know anyone got those statues from Ikon. I recently preordered something from them but I wasn't sure of their quality.

Agreed, no guarantees. But word does get around as more in hand pics show up regarding overall quality trends. Let's see how things develop. I have high hopes for the line.

>>>I was stunned that Pop sold those Ikon statues outside AUS, I remember checking their site months ago and they were region restricted. Not anymore it seems. They're not bad at all. Solid pieces, slightly taller than 1/6, and...yep, pretty tight paint work. But they're New 52...they were designed as placeholders until the SP line rounds out in the next 1-2 years (I got a couple new Billy display cases recently)...so there's that. But they look nice enough & now they might be around longer than planned originally. :D

Another lemon from the HQ line. I think if the mask was painted within the lines and there was no chip on the joker dolly then I would not be too critical. I am going to contact Debbie from Tweeterhead to see if she knows why these HQs are looking like they need to go back to the factory in China where they were painted.

Harley # 66 just flew in!

HQ2A.jpg

HQ3A.jpg

HQ4A.jpg

HQ5A.jpg

HQ9A.jpg

HQ6A.jpg

HQ7A.jpg

Overall, I dig it!
HQ8A.jpg

if mine will look like that on the last pic ill be happy :) got my shipping notice last saturday and it still says its not yet picked up from them dunno :impatient:

Cancelled.

Really? Under a microscope just about anything has flaws. In hand, this piece is pretty fantastic.

And I’m not saying it only looks good from 6’-8’ away as I have it in a glass case at eye level that you can walk right up to and it still looks great.

I, for one, am excited for Joker and future releases including Batman. If this HQ statue is a lemon then I say, give me more lemons!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice pics.
Thanks!! Big fan of your videos sir!

if mine will look like that on the last pic ill be happy :)
Hope it does! Thanks!!

Thanks!!

Really? Under a microscope just about anything has flaws. In hand, this piece is pretty fantastic.

And I’m not saying it only looks good from 6’-8’ away as I have it in a glass case at eye level that you can walk right up to and it still looks great.
I, for one, am excited for Joker and future releases including Batman. If this HQ statue is a lemon then I say, give me more lemons!

:goodpost: She looks great sitting on the shelf and up close. A good start to the line! I added Joker to my WW, SM & MM P.O

I neglected to add the mandatory gratuitous statue butt shot to my last post! :monkey3

bt one.jpg

Yeah, too many flaws for a marginal character in my collection at that price for my tastes. Hopefully things smooth out and no disrespect to anyone who bought it. I do have Joker and Superman on PO and I'd like to get Supergirl... we'll see. I'll live with the DCDS statue I have...the paint apps are flawless and it was 1/2 the price.

Yeah, too many flaws for a marginal character in my collection at that price for my tastes. Hopefully things smooth out and no disrespect to anyone who bought it. I do have Joker and Superman on PO and I'd like to get Supergirl... we'll see. I'll live with the DCDS statue I have...the paint apps are flawless and it was 1/2 the price.

Fair enough but the flaws are really exaggerated by the fantastic close up photography people are posting.

I was also excited to get the riser (without having to buy Bud & Lou) as it helps give the piece a presence among larger scale pieces.

That and Tweeterhead is now giving rewards for direct orders so that helps a bit with the price.

I hear you though. There is a lot of good stuff out there so it is wise to save your dollars for things you know you’ll love.

Here irises are noticeably different sizes.

Random silver paint on here thumb. I may ask sideshow for a replacement hand because that stands out.

Lines arnt the greatest but I can live with it.

Two of these little scratches.

She does have her flaws and being new to statues (use to collect hot toys) not sure if this is the norm as in some statues will be spot on and others not so much? At what point can you ask for a replacement? Almost feels like a damaged statue when it’s not perfect. I do like this piece however.

It’s like someone else said it’s not that bad in person and you really don’t notice any of it unless your looking for it. Idk if I’m gonna keep it or not. Little issues like this overtime begin to bug me to the point I try to fix them myself and ruin it lol.

wow, Tweeterhead, seriously!! I have the Catwoman from Returns and the paintjob are perfect!! what happened.. do they change their production factory or somethin?

TH used to do pretty darn good paint work. All my Classics are flawless. My 1966 line up was good up until the CR Joker, and the face paint & eye work are very much like what HQ is showing up as. I believe I've seen them make mention of a factory change at one point.

Believe me, after awhile 6 to 8 feet away wont make a difference. The only reason I kept the CR Joker is because we'll never get another like it. I notice the uneven eyes from across the room....once you know its there....

This is the DCDS 1/6 HQ statue. Half the price. Note how much better the paint job is.

IMG_20180302_180707345_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
TH used to do pretty darn good paint work. All my Classics are flawless. My 1966 line up was good up until the CR Joker, and the face paint & eye work are very much like what HQ is showing up as. I believe I've seen them make mention of a factory change at one point.

Believe me, after awhile 6 to 8 feet away wont make a difference. The only reason I kept the CR Joker is because we'll never get another like it. I notice the uneven eyes from across the room....once you know its there....

This is the DCDS 1/6 HQ statue. Half the price. Note how much better the paint job is.

View attachment 396882

That's a stellar paint-job. THE WAY IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE when you buy a statue from any reputable company.

View attachment 396882

I have this statue, and yep, the paintjob is perfect!

Back