Transformers 4: Age of Extinction

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made Cannibal Campout, that should explain everything. :lol

:lol
That explains a lot..

"Most of the movie was filmed guerrilla-style, meaning no permits and lots of secret locations. While filming the scene where Amy Chludzinski is being pursued through the woods by a knife-wielding cannibal, a New Jersey Forest Ranger unknowingly stumbled onto the set. Director Jon McBride immediately halted production for fear the Ranger might get the wrong idea and actually shoot somebody."

That explains a lot..

"Most of the movie was filmed guerrilla-style, meaning no permits and lots of secret locations. While filming the scene where Amy Chludzinski is being pursued through the woods by a knife-wielding cannibal, a New Jersey Forest Ranger unknowingly stumbled onto the set. Director Jon McBride immediately halted production for fear the Ranger might get the wrong idea and actually shoot somebody."

guilty as charged, I was a part of that mayhem. :lol

Seen this today, was frustratingly bad and took forever to end. Humans were the worst bit again by far but the terrible humour is a close second.

This movie was ok, but it's funny when Prime says "calling all Autobots", and there's only like five of them. And the were able to take out about 40 Decepticons before the dinos showed up?!

What did you do on it Jye?
That's a very cool claim to fame (in my twisted mind anyway)

Story goes like this. :lol

Meet a guy in a movie theater (Mcbride) while watching "The Hidden" in 1987.

I had studied special effects makeup under Jennifer Aspinal (Toxic Avenger/Street Trash) at the time.

We start talking horror movies.

I introduced him to 3 friends of mine.

The 5 of us along with an additional 5 other people from his end created the final project on my VHS camera and sold it to local video stores until the guy I had originally met was able to get it distributed nationally

You can still buy it on Amazon. :lol

Last edited:
I'm the guy with the fighter helmet, my brother was an F16 pilot with the Airforce at the time. :lol

But I also filmed it as well, plus shared editing.

That was my fathers van. :lol

Very proud. :lol

Last edited:
But this is why Hollywood has dumbed down so much.

Jaws, Bladerunner, Ghostbusters, Gremlins, Aliens, T2, Indiana Jones, Empire Strikes Back, they all say your wrong.

..and I mean you Jye, you personally have destroyed quality film making in Hollywood by going to see Bayformers over and over again... You should be ashamed of yourself.

I will just say that Bladerunner was a massive bomb when it was released, almost no one liked it, the other ones, all good.

Story goes like this. :lol

Meet a guy in a movie theater (Mcbride) while watching "The Hidden" in 1987.

I had studied special effects makeup under Jennifer Aspinal (Toxic Avenger/Street Trash) at the time.

We start talking horror movies.

I introduced him to 3 friends of mine.

The 5 of us along with an additional 5 other people from his end created the final project on my VHS camera and sold it to local video stores until the guy I had originally met was able to get it distributed nationally

You can still buy it on Amazon. :lol

Wowsers, that's flipping cool Jye.
Had no idea..

:rock

In just 11 days, Transformers: Age of Extinction has already become the highest-grossing movie ever in China.

Through Monday, the Michael Bay-directed sequel has earned a stunning $219.2 million there. That's slightly above Avatar, which grossed $204.1 million* in 2010 (Transformers is still a bit behind in local currency, but will pass Avatar in a day or two).

The movie's phenomenal success in China can be chalked up to three main factors. First, it's important to remember that the franchise was already extremely popular in China. In Summer 2011, Transformers: Dark of the Moon earned over $165 million; in comparison, Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides made around $70 million that Summer.

Second, the market has expanded dramatically in recent years. Rapid growth in the middle class has increased the aggregate demand for movies, and new screens are being built at the rate of around a dozen per day. Through all of 2013, there were five movies that reached $100 million in China; 2014 matched that number by the end of June.

A handful of movies have taken advantage of this expansion by customizing their content for Chinese audiences. For example, the Chinese version of Iron Man 3 and Looper had additional scenes set in the People's Republic. Transformers: Age of Extinction took this to the next level: the lengthy third act is set in and around Hong Kong, and popular Chinese actress Li Bingbing is featured prominently throughout the movie.

Age of Extinction earned around $51 million this past weekend, which is a 45 percent drop from its opening. As other major titles enter the market, it's likely that the movie starts to decline more rapidly: still, a total north of $300 million is guaranteed at this point. In comparison, the movie appears to be on track to earn between $245 and $265 million at the U.S. box office.

It's not unheard of for a movie's Chinese haul to exceed its U.S. take: recent examples include Pacific Rim, Escape Plan and Need for Speed. For a movie to do it on this scale, though, is truly remarkable.

Overall, Transformers: Age of Extinction has already earned $412 million overseas: that includes strong hauls in Russia ($35.7 million), South Korea ($34.2 million) and Australia ($17.7 million), along with even more impressive results throughout smaller Asian markets like Malaysia ($10.5 million) and the Philippines ($8.6 million).

This coming weekend, the movie has its official debut in the U.K., Mexico and a handful of other territories. By Sunday, it will likely pass The Amazing Spider-Man 2 ($504 million) to become the highest-grossing movie of the year overseas. Ultimately, it's on track to earn well over $700 million overseas, and will almost certainly become the first 2014 release to reach $1 billion worldwide.

*Note: An earlier version of this story inaccurately stated that Avatar earned $217.7 million in China.

Li Bing Bing has come out well from films wanting to flourish in China, from her special IM3 scene, to getting to be an X-Man, now she's in TF4? Talk about being in the right place at the right time.

Li Bing Bing has come out well from films wanting to flourish in China, from her special IM3 scene, to getting to be an X-Man, now she's in TF4? Talk about being in the right place at the right time.

She will be Wonder Woman in the China version of BvS. :lol

**goes off to Amazon to purchase signable copy of Cannibal Campout**

please, whatever you do, don't buy that piece of crap. :lol

Is this it?

cannibal-hookers-dvd.jpg

Is that Jye with the axe? And the tight ass?

I'm the guy with the fighter helmet, my brother was an F16 pilot with the Airforce at the time. :lol

But I also filmed it as well, plus shared editing.

That was my fathers van. :lol

Very proud. :lol
Awesome. I, too, was involved in a home made horror movie when I was in college. . .but it will probably (hopefully!) never be seen by more than the small handful of folks who made it or shared it with friends. It was an Easter-themed horror movie with a killer inflatable bunny rabbit. Filmed on an alcohol-fueled night in the early 2000s. Good times.

Awesome. I, too, was involved in a home made horror movie when I was in college. . .but it will probably (hopefully!) never be seen by more than the small handful of folks who made it or shared it with friends. It was an Easter-themed horror movie with a killer inflatable bunny rabbit. Filmed on an alcohol-fueled night in the early 2000s. Good times.

Hmm, I co-directed and starred in a short horror film shot on Super 8 in the early 2000's as well. It was called The Writer and I starred as a janitor who was possessed and then killed by a demonic typewriter. As I slumped over dead (killed by feverish typing) black ink oozed out of my mouth and onto the desk. :lol

Good times indeed.

Back