Transformers 4: Age of Extinction

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Mike

In the Pixels
Reaction score
After Transformers: Dark of the Moon earned over $1.1 billion at the worldwide box office, an inevitable sequel was bound to happen and now Hasbro confirms that they are in talks with Steven Spielberg and Michael Bay. During a third quarter business conference call, Hasbro President and CEO Brian Goldner confirmed that the toy company was in "active discussions" with Paramount Pictures, director Michael Bay and executive producer Steven Spielberg. Goldner revealed that a fourth Transformers film is in the works, although it's not known if Bay will return to direct since he has revealed that Dark of the Moon would be his last run with the franchise. Goldner said to stay tuned for an announcement next quarter for more Transformers news.

The Hasbro president also revealed that he's excited to bring other brands to the big screen saying, "We continue to actively develop a number of additional Hasbro films with great partners and writers, including Micronauts, Ouija, Candyland, Risk, Stretch Armstrong, Clue and Monopoly."

It was always known that TF4 was probably coming but the fact that Bay is considering directing again even if he is just toying with it is interesting. Directors have stated before "This is my last" only to come back to the franchise and I wonder where this leaves Shia the Beef?

This didn't come up in search but it's not the best around here so if there is a thread Mods feel free to merge.

Re: Transformers 4: The Search for More Money

What I would like to see is Christopher Nolan direct Transformers 4 It would be so epic. Sadly it wont ever happen :gah:

If Spiderman can be re-booted so soon after the trilogy then so can this!!! Let it be done :pray:

If Spiderman can be re-booted so soon after the trilogy then so can this!!! Let it be done :pray:

^^^ :rock Let's do it!!! Seriously, after 3 I really don't have a desire to watch anymore of these movies. Maybe when I'm 50 it'll be nice to see the series get a remake/reboot, but until then I'd rather have the cartoons.

I just hope the next one has even less Transformers and more of the military. We need to focus on those extremely interesting soldier characters, not boring old giant alien robots.

Cool! Loved the first three and ready for more. :rock

Ugh...
I really was hoping for somebody else to be involved that actually respects the franchise... oh well...

RE-BOOT!!!

^^^ :rock Let's do it!!! Seriously, after 3 I really don't have a desire to watch anymore of these movies. Maybe when I'm 50 it'll be nice to see the series get a remake/reboot, but until then I'd rather have the cartoons.

I agree with these posts :lecture

No more Bay! I cant stand 45 min fight scenes and Optimus is almost done and someone or Megatron comes to his rescue.

I'm fine with Bay--but he needs to take a break after doing 3 of them.

Most likely he will skip it and then they'll bring in some director no one knows and it will be craptastic

familyguy-puke.gif

One of the main producers, Don Murphy has said there will be another trilogy of TF & it will not be a reboot. Steven Spielberg may direct the 4th installment if Bay doesn't come back. There is no way this franchise will die anytime soon especially with a $1.1 Billion box of take over this summer.

https://hwhills.com/producer-don-revealed-there-will-be-a-transformers-4-flick-more/

Last edited:

Unlike Bay's?... :monkey3

Oh Kuz you get all upset when people troll the Indy thread over and over or other items your interested in but you do it everytime a transformers movie thread pops up. Pot meet kettle man. come on.

I just hope the next one has even less Transformers and more of the military. We need to focus on those extremely interesting soldier characters, not boring old giant alien robots.

So...in a Transformers film you want them not to focus on the giant alien robots that transform and more on the military soldier characters?

So...in a Transformers film you want them not to focus on the giant alien robots that transform and more on the military soldier characters?

I'm just going to assume you're answering sarcasm with sarcasm here. Of course I want more Transformers in a Transformers movie.

You're going to assume that in a thread on Sideshow Freaks I was answering sarcasm with sarcasm in a Transformers thread?

Back