Trailer!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting article from Hollywood Reporter on the upcoming 2nd KOTCS Trailer and the use of online widgets:

New 'Indiana Jones' trailer gets a widget
By Gail Schiller

NEW YORK -- When a second trailer for "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" premieres online, it should spread as fast as the first thanks to a widget.

While Paramount plans to launch their first widget this week, the studio declined to state when the new "Indiana Jones" trailer will debut.

Paramount is counting on the small, portable applications that can be posted on blogs and social networks to maximize the exposure for its trailers. The first "Skull" trailer, released in March, has racked up millions of views.

Paramount turned to widget provider Clearspring for "Skull," which will include a contest with the release of the second trailer. The two fans who manage to distribute their "Skull" widgets most will win trips to the world premiere of the movie and the chance to be red-carpet correspondents in footage that will be streamed onto the "Skull" widgets following the premiere.

"I think the reason that studios are excited about widgets is that word-of-mouth and buzz is what Hollywood is after all the time," said Peggy Fry, senior vp sales and client services at Clearspring. "If you think about it, what a widget is, it's a digital version of word-of-mouth."

Clearspring also is creating widgets for Paramount's Mike Myers comedy "The Love Guru," which will include exclusive viral videos of Myers in character. The widgets, which launched Tuesday, will live on Myers' Guru Pitka MySpace page, where his character will blog about love advice, as well as on Facebook, YouTube and other social networking sites.

Amy Powell, senior vp interactive marketing at Paramount, credited Clearspring with sophisticated backend technology that allows the studio to track its widgets wherever they lived so it wouldn't have to limit its promotions to a single platform such as MySpace or Facebook.

"We pushed Clearspring to create new technological advances for us to fit our long list of requests for our out-of-the-box thinking," Powell said.

Every week Paramount will add a new viral video to the widget, for a total of about eight to 10 videos. The widgets also will include other exclusive content including a "Love Guru" trailer, clips and behind-the-scenes footage.

I was wondering what the song is that plays in the first half of the trailer before the Raiders March kicks in? Anyone got a clue?

The new trailer will be attached to IRON MAN, but I'm guessing it'll hit online (and in the widget) before then.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/GrOxWBPkKxs&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/GrOxWBPkKxs&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

A Mythical City...

An Ancient Secret...

UNLIMITED PPOWERRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

25MB high-res TIVO version uploaded to SendSpace thanks to one of our friends over on TheRaider boards!

https://www.sendspace.com/file/ofrwk8

:rock

...just look for the little orange arrow pulsing at the bottom of the page for the download link. It's called 'videospot2.avi'

...Oh, and I believe the full new trailer will be attached to IRONMAN! :D

Great...I'm off to see Iron Man on thursday......Hope we get the trailer internationaly as well....:rock

I doubt they'll attach it until Thursday or Friday. The trailer probably hasn't even shipped to exhibitors yet.

But, how was IRON MAN?

It quite surpassed my expectations. It might be my favorite superhero movie of them all, actually.

But that's because it's close to my lifestyle, interests, age, and experience. Your perception might significantly vary.

Well, I've been a Robert Downey, Jr. fan since LESS THAN ZERO (and he probably became my favorite actor after CHAPLIN) so I'd be psyched on that angle alone. And everything about the movie appears pitch-perfect to me. Can't wait.

Back