3 Body Problem - Netflix March 2024

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sixth Scale Man

Super Freak
Reaction score
Ordered the book to read before this comes out.
The trilogy of books has me intrigued and the trailer looks pretty amazing. Tackling some big ideas.

Anybody read the books? No spoilers please!

Saw “from the creators of Game of Thrones” and closed the trailer.

Those hacks are on a lifetime boycott from me.

Having read the book, I know there will be loads of changes as the book is unfilmable. Still might be good
As was Annihilation but they still tried. Sadly the experience in the lighthouse was not done well in the movie at all. Kinda ruined it really… The trilogy was epic! I’ll check out these books as I am a voracious reader… 👍🏼 Books Rock!!

^ I’m only a chapter in so far, but the groundwork being laid is very interesting.
Haven’t read a book in ages so it’s nice to get back into it. I think I’ll have to check out the Annihilation books too. I really enjoyed the movie but it sounds like the book goes much harder.🤘

^ I’m only a chapter in so far, but the groundwork being laid is very interesting.
Haven’t read a book in ages so it’s nice to get back into it. I think I’ll have to check out the Annihilation books too. I really enjoyed the movie but it sounds like the book goes much harder.🤘
The writing from Jeff Vandermeer is incredible. After reading the scene in the lighthouse you’ll wonder what you just finished reading. It’s some of the most terrifying action you’ll ever read in a book. It will leave you stunned wondering what the hell just happened. The second book is all about “Admin” until the end when all hell breaks loose. Some folks didn’t care for it but I sure did. Loved the whole trilogy. The third book is all about being inside the “zone”.

Can’t wait to read 3 Body Problem. I’d never heard of it before. Thanks for posting! 👍🏼

Man, I need to read faster. I’m only 1/6 through!
I finished the book. I bought the others. Interesting read. I really enjoyed the authors afterward. He said some really cool things. There are definitely parts that will be hard to convey on film but I am looking forward to seeing what they do with it. Overall a good read but not for everyone. Lots of science to learn about in the book. I’m going to read something else before I dig into book two though. I need a change of pace for a bit. Thanks for posting about Three Body Problem SSM!! I would have never known about it until it showed up on Netflix!

Only watched the first episode so far (I'm not much of a binge watcher and prefer to take my time) and thought it was pretty compelling. Haven't read the book though so I have no freakin clue what's going on. Lol

Only watched the first episode so far (I'm not much of a binge watcher and prefer to take my time) and thought it was pretty compelling. Haven't read the book though so I have no freakin clue what's going on. Lol
It’s really deep. I did read the book and it’s only the first of three.… I read a lot and it still took me a while to get through the book. It’s worth reading but not for everyone. Hope you get to enjoy the show. So far it’s following the book, sort of…

Last edited:
Back