Total Film Magazines top 10 sci-fi of all time

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Inception is the only headscratcher... guess people need a refresher on the genre :lol Rest of the list is solid though.

I would move The Terminator up to 1, move Aliens 2nd, Alien 1, i would drop E.T. and Inception and replace it with T2 and Predator

I would loose The Matrix and Inception and replace them with two of these (can't decide): Metropolis, Close Encounters Of The Third Kind and Planet Of The Apes.
And i would have Star Wars #1 but 2001 is a close second.

I love it when lists like this don't realize cinema actually existed before the 1970's.

I would move The Terminator up to 1, move Aliens 2nd, Alien 1, i would drop E.T. and Inception and replace it with T2 and Predator

I like the way you think; ET, Matrix and Inception should be off of the list. Instead though, I think they should just put Alien, Term, and SW in as a franchise instead of specific movies.

Star Wars is what I was specifically thinking of when I made the comment about science fiction. Star Wars doesn't belong. But if you don't have Star Wars, then somebody is going to argue Terminator and Alien don't belong either and then we'll have a big ol' internet pissing match which I just don't have the energy or patience for today. If anyone else wants to fight for the cause, be my guest.

Why do people take these lists so seriously? It's just a list. It doesn't change how you feel about a movie.

All the films being mentioned are on there, just not in the top 10. Just because something has futuristic hardware in it doesn't make it better than an emotional story about a boy and his alien.

I've done...questionable things.

"Have you felt yourself to be exploited in any way? I mean, did... did you do, or... or were you asked to do anything lewd... or unsavory, or... or, otherwise repulsive to your... your person, huh?"

Back